Click Here!

Istkotaffc- Cat Knowledge

Guest fluffysgirl802005

Guest fluffysgirl802005

I Summon The Knowledge Of The AFF Community

ok, it's 5 am and our vets office doesnt open til 8. the nearest 24 hour veternary care is two hours away...

our cat jack was sick earlier around 10pm, it was normal vomit as far as it goes. he was acting normal..

about a half hour ago, he threw up again except this time there was blood in it...

he's not acting himself, he wouldn't eat. he just lays there. his ears are cold and his pupils are BIG!!!

is there anything anyone can tell me might be wrong with him?

is this life threatening??

will he make it to see the doctor in the morning???

please help!!! sad.gif

Guest Aegrisomnia

First question: is your cat an outside cat? Does he frequently go outside unsupervised? Second question: do you have toads, skinks, or any other poisonous reptiles around your house that you've ever seen? If it's yes to both of these then you might want to prepare yourself. Toads and skinks are extremely poisonous to animals, most specifically cats and dogs. It's treatable if you get them to a vet, but they might have a few side effects that will last a lifetime.

One of my cats ate a skink once (a lizard that's black, has shiny scales like a snake, a red underbelly, and a blue tail) and he went deaf. Another cat got a hold of a toad and now she's just weird. My advice would be to try to get your cat to a vet as quickly as possible. Other than that, don't let your cat outside and try to get water into it. It's possible that the liquid might flush the toxin out. Your next course of action would be to get a 24 hour emergency animal hospital to open up. We have one down here and it's saved my cats numerous times.

I hope everything works out.