Click Here!

How long are you willing to wait for an update?

I was wondering how long most people are willing to wait for a story to be updated before they abandon it? Myself I usually can only wait for about a month then I give up on it. If AFF was able to offer email alerts when upadates are posted then I wouldn't mind waiting longer, but If I have to come every few day just to seek out the story, I lose patience much quicker.

I was wondering how long most people are willing to wait for a story to be updated before they abandon it? Myself I usually can only wait for about a month then I give up on it. If AFF was able to offer email alerts when upadates are posted then I wouldn't mind waiting longer, but If I have to come every few day just to seek out the story, I lose patience much quicker.

If I REALLY like your story I will add it to my recommended reading list here, then periodically check for updates. There are a couple of fics on my list that are SUPER-old. But I love where the story was going and cling to the hope that the writer will return to it some day. :(

I never really "abandon" a story. I make my rounds pretty much daily on the sections I read, occasionally straying to sections I don't frequent to check on a couple stories (like the Harry Potter section). If there's a new chapter up, I'll read it regardless of how long it's been, and while sometimes I just wish they'd update already (or at least post something else, even if it's not the story I'm reading) I welcome the new chapters when they come.

• 4 weeks later...

After re-reading my post and then actually paying attention to the stories I follow, I have realized I am actually waiting months for updates. I know people have real lives and such and I am not a writer, so I have no idea how hard it may be. Ugh! I just wish that this site had better search options. That way when I am in the mood for a story with a resolution, I could at least search for completed stories. There really are a lot of good stories on here that, unless you search through every page in their catagory, you'll never find them. Of course that's assuming they are in the right catergory to begin with. Now I am completely off topic.

I'll add a story I really like to my recommended read list and check every few days to see if there are updates or even new reviews for the story. Although I have only been a member here for a little while, I would just be happy to see updates, even if it takes so long that I forget about the story all together. There are a lot of good reads out there to keep me occupied. :D