Click Here!

Is There Any Point?

Guest SecretlySnape

Guest SecretlySnape

I can't update my fics on AFF.

Is there any point in me waiting another year or so for the site to be working?

Is there another good adult fic site out there that's read a lot?

I want my fics to be read, there's no point in me writing if I can't update.

Guest Spankoshark

Perhaps mods could create a forum that authors could make new threads in? Sort of a temporary thing? Everyone should keep copies of their stuff backed up, but you could still get reviews (replies to your thread) and such. And readers (more importantly).

SS

Guest Acita

Go figure. Most of us leave ffnazi.net to escape its instability and strict rules... only to have our haven crash.

But seriously, we were told we would have the database back when? March 1st, was it? I still can't update my Black Hawk Down fics because the category hasn't been propperly transferred, it tells me. I just gave up and now post my fiction in LiveJournal communities.

Guest Agaib

I cried out in joy when I saw the entire originals section was fully transfered. Everything seems to be working peachy over there right now.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

I say wait it out, though it would probably be a good idea to start a writing journal. Get a livejournal account to dedicate just to your stories. LJ is the best for this because of it's tag system and the LJ cuts.

Guest Agaib

wow.. it's one of those oh so elusive administrators! *pokes it with a stick* is it real?

Just kidding, I just thought I should point out the rarity, good luck adminstrating and stuff

Guest Big Samurai

I think AFF is a little closer to being fully transferred than most folks realize. It's like waiting for Santa Claus: He'll be there, and you know it, but you still have to wait. Don't worry, it'll all be good.

I've been able to update for a while, albiet rather slowly for the past couple of weeks or month, (I don't know, time no longer holds meaning for me). But things have speeded up in the past week or so. Perhaps people aren't aware of the archive prefix on the url, I mean you know, the "read only" data base as opposed to the "update-able" data base.

Go here for main page listing

If you are only trying to add additional chapters to a story that hasn't been transferred yet, you can post them to the new active database archive, and just make a notation that it's a carry over; I've seen a few people do that. But if you're trying to edit existing chapters that are only on the read-only archive, unfortunately you have to wait. I've been meaning to clean up some typos on old stories myself.

Other than that, I've had no problems uploading chapters to my latest fic in the new HP archive, and I've been doing that since early April and one of my other fics was recently transferred in the book section.

There are always other sites, and I've tried posting to them over the last couple of months, but so far, I haven't had the same response as on AFF. If you're looking for instant posting gratification, (and who isn't?) you may want to give another site a shot, but judging from the AFF updates, it looks like they're closing in on completing the file transfers.