Click Here!

Story kidnapped?

jennabean

Just recently I updated a story of mine with another chapter, but it didn't show up on the updated pages and I can't find it on my profile, although in the author's panel I can edit it still. I've checked the possibility that my disclaimer may have been wrong, but I don't see why it wouldn't show up.

Can someone help me? Thank you!

-Jenna

It was hidden because of the disclaimer. You disclaimed the characters, not the entirety of it, (world, characters and etc). That's why, if you simply state "I don't own InuYasha" or whichever fandom you're in, and then that you make no money, we pass it by, or if it was warned, note it as corrected in the working document and leave it alone.

I'm still not sure if I understand. I had those two variables but it was still hidden, so I added that it was property of Rumiko Takahashi just recently. I was warned once, but fixed it, then after I fixed it, it was hidden. Do you mean I should put "corrected" where the disclaimer is?

Sorry for the questions, I appreciate you replying to my post!

-Jenna

It was hidden because of the disclaimer. You disclaimed the characters, not the entirety of it, (world, characters and etc). That's why, if you simply state "I don't own InuYasha" or whichever fandom you're in, and then that you make no money, we pass it by, or if it was warned, note it as corrected in the working document and leave it alone.

Suggested core disclaimer

If you look at the structure of it, you see EXACTLY what we're looking for.

Now, when we say word it however you like, it's so you all can get creative with it. Trust me, I've seen some DAMN funny disclaimers that way, that not only contain the core points we need, but are just flat out giggle worthy :rolleyes:

The point is, in fanfiction disclaimers, we are looking for the following-

• The entirety of the fandom-
    Generally speaking, taking anime as an example, if you use the anime TITLE, we take from that that you are disclaiming the entirety of it (characters, locations and etc) by saying you do not own it.
  • no money/profit made from it-
    This, is of course, very important. As the original creators are the ones who make money from it, and the ones who borrow their worlds to write IN, should not BE making money from this. At least, not without that person's permission and sharing WITH the original creator of course.

Because the archive covers a WIDE variety of fandoms, covering books to manga, to anime, to movies and etc, is why we ask that you ensure that you and your work are protected as best as we can manage by doing this. Granted, this is not bullet proof protection, but it at least makes it so that the worst that I could see happening (and others I've asked about this in depth) is having to simply remove the work from the site. That's much better than other alternatives I think.

It is NOT possible to add a blanket disclaimer for all 22 subdomains and 500+ fanworlds. If it was, we would have already done that. We do, however, have something in the works, but it's a long ways off. Believe me, I wish it wasn't as much as the rest of you, as it certainly would make mine and the other mods' jobs a bit less time consuming just for this part of it. So, since it's not even a feasible option yet, I'm not even going to describe what it is, but it WILL make things easier on the authors.

Hope that all helps

Thank you for all the information. I triple checked my disclaimer and it meets the criteria that you specified, so how can I go about getting my story UNhidden?

Thank you for being patient with me :rolleyes:

Suggested core disclaimer

If you look at the structure of it, you see EXACTLY what we're looking for.

Now, when we say word it however you like, it's so you all can get creative with it. Trust me, I've seen some DAMN funny disclaimers that way, that not only contain the core points we need, but are just flat out giggle worthy :)

The point is, in fanfiction disclaimers, we are looking for the following-

• The entirety of the fandom-
    Generally speaking, taking anime as an example, if you use the anime TITLE, we take from that that you are disclaiming the entirety of it (characters, locations and etc) by saying you do not own it.
  • no money/profit made from it-
    This, is of course, very important. As the original creators are the ones who make money from it, and the ones who borrow their worlds to write IN, should not BE making money from this. At least, not without that person's permission and sharing WITH the original creator of course.

Because the archive covers a WIDE variety of fandoms, covering books to manga, to anime, to movies and etc, is why we ask that you ensure that you and your work are protected as best as we can manage by doing this. Granted, this is not bullet proof protection, but it at least makes it so that the worst that I could see happening (and others I've asked about this in depth) is having to simply remove the work from the site. That's much better than other alternatives I think.

It is NOT possible to add a blanket disclaimer for all 22 subdomains and 500+ fanworlds. If it was, we would have already done that. We do, however, have something in the works, but it's a long ways off. Believe me, I wish it wasn't as much as the rest of you, as it certainly would make mine and the other mods' jobs a bit less time consuming just for this part of it. So, since it's not even a feasible option yet, I'm not even going to describe what it is, but it WILL make things easier on the authors.

Hope that all helps

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.