Click Here!

Is there really a limited word count in following chapters after the first one?

I humbly apologize that I post my (probably very stupid) question here but as you people are writers, I think you could enlighten little precious me. (I'm somewhat desperate and I just couldn't find the right place to ask this. Fuck, now I sound like I'm trying to emo blackmail people. I hate myself and I want to dieXD)

The problem being: I was trying to post my second (and last) chapter of my story, (wordcount about 7000) and it all looked pretty perfect (all the material was there) when I put the text there. Checking out if I had messed up with my italics: there was something like less that 1/3 of the text. Please, tell me what it was all about?

There is no word count limit that I'm aware of. However, when the database is busy (particularly during times that I'm running maintenance tasks), it can make it so that your uploads don't work quite right. Something else that can happen, is if you are using Word to convert to html before uploading, it adds loads of unnecessary and disallowed tags for formatting. You have to go back through one of those conversions, and strip the tags to what is allowed. Otherwise, we'll see things like disappeared parts of chapters, no chapter data displayed at all, and other weird things like that.

There is no word count limit that I'm aware of. However, when the database is busy (particularly during times that I'm running maintenance tasks), it can make it so that your uploads don't work quite right.

I guess the reason was that. Thank you very much for the answer. *bows*

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.