Click Here!

Crossover: what is and what is not?

TwilightAlien

I am writing a story right now and I don't really know where to place it... It is a fanfiction story, with an original character in it that is based on the Alien movies. The story of this character is a little bit described in the plot, when it is necessary, but that's about it. I mainly used the morphology of the Aliens to build it, and I did not mixed anything else between the 2 fandoms, only morphology and some background. Does it still qualify as a crossover or not really? I guess it does, but then I asked many people who read it what they thought and for them, they were reading a good old pure fanfiction story, not a crossover. What do you think?

I am writing a story right now and I don't really know where to place it... It is a fanfiction story, with an original character in it that is based on the Alien movies. The story of this character is a little bit described in the plot, when it is necessary, but that's about it. I mainly used the morphology of the Aliens to build it, and I did not mixed anything else between the 2 fandoms, only morphology and some background. Does it still qualify as a crossover or not really? I guess it does, but then I asked many people who read it what they thought and for them, they were reading a good old pure fanfiction story, not a crossover. What do you think?
I would go by who is going to be interested in reading it.

If it's mostly an Aliens story, then i'd suspect that Aliens fans are your best bet for readership, reviews, and essential feedback.

Thanks Keith. That's how I see it, except that I think it's the other way around. The story happens in the Inuyasha realm, with an OC with Alien-ish characteristics. I think it would interest someone who loves Aliens movies, but it is first and foremost for Inuyasha fans. Someone with no knowledge of Aliens could understand everything.

I'm all mixed up anyways... I just read one of the most amazing fanfics ever and it is an Inuyasha crossover (Journey to the city of endless night). I never read crossovers before this one, but I think it is totally a crossover: cannon characters from a fandom put in another fandom with other cannon characters. Pheww... I'm all mixed up! lol