Click Here!

Problems changing story summary

Sai-Chan

I need help. I can't edit the story summary for my fic To Be Toyed With to say Updated or anything else for that matter. I can simply go into edit story, edit details for all my other fics without any problems and add anything I want to the summaries. However, I am not allowed to add any characters to the summary of Toy. I don't think I've reached the limit, as even if I delete an existing character and try to type it back, I am not allowed to. I'm at a lost as what it going on and what I can do to fix the problem.

Can anyone help me or suggest anything?

You have to add to/edit the summary field itself. It appears in the story listing, and is not chapter driven.

Thank you for responding so quickly. ^-^

I tried to edit the summary field in the edit details selection of the edit story. I'm kinda new to AF. Is that the story listing you're talking about?

What I did was went to my author panel, hit 'edit story' under story functions, and then selected Toy, and selected to edit the details of the story. Then I went to the section marked summary and attempted to change it, but I couldn't add any characters as I stated before. When I did this exact same thing with my other fics, however, I was able to add characters and change whatever I wanted.

Is that what I'm supposed to do? Is that the story listing you're talking about? If not, what am I doing wrong? If it is, do you know of anything that can help?

Thank you for responding so quickly. ^-^

I tried to edit the summary field in the edit details selection of the edit story. I'm kinda new to AF. Is that the story listing you're talking about?

What I did was went to my author panel, hit 'edit story' under story functions, and then selected Toy, and selected to edit the details of the story. Then I went to the section marked summary and attempted to change it, but I couldn't add any characters as I stated before. When I did this exact same thing with my other fics, however, I was able to add characters and change whatever I wanted.

Is that what I'm supposed to do? Is that the story listing you're talking about? If not, what am I doing wrong? If it is, do you know of anything that can help?

You're right with the steps:

1) Enter your author panel

2) Under story functions, slect 'Edit Story'

3) From the first dropdown menu, select the story.

4) From the second dropdown menu, select 'Edit details'

5) In the summary field, edit it to your hearts content.

There is a character limit for the summary field. I think it maxes out at 255 characters including spaces. That might be why you can't add anything to it. I suggest that if you need to add a lot more, just make a full summary at the start of your first chapter.

Hope that helps!

You're right with the steps:

1) Enter your author panel

2) Under story functions, slect 'Edit Story'

3) From the first dropdown menu, select the story.

4) From the second dropdown menu, select 'Edit details'

5) In the summary field, edit it to your hearts content.

There is a character limit for the summary field. I think it maxes out at 255 characters including spaces. That might be why you can't add anything to it. I suggest that if you need to add a lot more, just make a full summary at the start of your first chapter.

Hope that helps!

Thank you!!! I appreciate your help!!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.