Click Here!

Naruto Fic Recommendation Thread

Inuzuka

• 2 months later...
Guest arichang

Hmm... fic recommendation?

Anything by Sintari. I am her groupie. And for good reason--she is an amazing writer.

My favourite work from her is Rosemary for Rememberance. It moved me... touched me... I can't say it made me cry... but really... the only word I can use to describe it is that it's so freaking beautiful. Her style was crisp, clean and it flowed so smoothly... it's easy to read and you get really caught up in the story. it's canon... and it's... well... she did a wonderful job keeping everyone in-character... but the plot is just something you wouldn't expect. It's NaruHin and NejiHin.

Another one worth reading, in my opinion would be... Spiral Falling ... by BeccaAmon. Style-wise and writing-wise... it's... only a little more than average. Typos and the like are present throughout... but those things are easily ignored. What i liked the most about it is how she adapted the concepts and ideas in Naruto into her AU fic--though it looks like a typical High School AU type thing... it was actually pretty well done. I generally dislike OC's... but, hey... Naruto's "cousin" was made to be hated, really. Oh... it's SasuNaru, by the way.

Ecstacy by Greenie was my first ever fic. yes... the first FanFiction i ever read... in my life. I was never a fan for fanfiction and my opinion of those who wrote it had always been "what the fuck... you people have way too much free time..." ... and hahaha... the irony is that i write my own fiction now. anyway. A friend of mine sent this to me.. and it was my first ever fic. so... i feel some sort of loyalty towards it since it baptized me into the world of SasuNaru Fangirlism (though... this fic, is actually... more NaruSasu than anything) and... well... FanFic in general. Admittedly the OOC-ness is rather ... intimidating. particularly when it concerns Sasuke... but that was what got me hooked initially though.

i was laughing my ass off throughout the whole thing.

... apparently Greenie has decided to rewrite the story... and there are only 3 chapters out right now. i read the whole thing a while back though.

Chasing Naruto by AkaiTsuma was what started it all for me. It was my second fic... that same friend who sent me Ecstacy sent me this at the same time... and it was the first fic i fell in love with. OOC... a little bit, again, when it came to Sasuke... just a LITTLE. (hey, it's NaruSasu... *shrugs*) .... but... i... fell in love with it. the whole thing had me in stitches. Especially the bits that concerned Neji.

I'll never forget that one line.

"Sunshine and flowers?" Naruto mumbled. "I'm not that gay."

*dies*... it was a god send. honestly.

that author is the reason I write at all today.

*nods*

• 2 months later...

Rosemary for Rememberance was an awesome fic...the writing style reminded me of Memoirs of a Geisha.

I have a question though, could someone tell me how to post a fic on this site? I've been trying, but I must be slow or something, because I can't seem to get it. Any tips on how to actually post a fanfiction would be greatly appreciated. happy.gif

• 4 months later...
Guest MayNeuma

The Sound of Dreams

Summary: Naruto leaves Konoha to bring back Sasuke, but complications arise in the form of Orochimaru's body transferrence jutsu. Circumstances force him re-evaluate his goals and dreams in life.

Come Come Watering Hole AND everything that Rasengan22 writes.

Summary: Jiraiya accidentally comes across something that provides inspiration for his next perverted novel (NaruSasu)

Winter Release

Summary: Kyuubi's secret out. Training to be stronger. And falling for your best friend's worst enemy. Not exactly what Naruto had expected...

Gift

Summary: Naruto once again has to spend his birthday alone in his house. But this year, something’s gonna change. NejiNaruShika

Shards of Life

Summary: Because you can’t demand something without accepting to lose something in exchange. Sasuke wanted his family. He couldn’t have love, as well. ItaNaru and past SasuNaru

Right now, I'm waiting for Ghostly Reminiscence to be updated. But since the story's archived over FFN, I won't be posting the link here. Just to be on the safe side.

Summary: Extreme AU. The problem with being three different people all at the same time is that there are too many people you have to lie to. I should know, after all, I was Uchiha Obito, I became Kazama Yuichi, and now, I’m Uzumaki Naruto

-mn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I really haven't browsed my eyes out, being mainly an editor and writer, but Forbidden by Sris is the most deliciously well done Uchihacest fic I've read to date. It tickled me so much that I've even started a joint project with her, which you can view below.

To hammer a new nail in an old coffin, I also thought that "Walking Corpse" was excellent.

Edited by Demosthenes

• 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.