Click Here!

Content filters

Vekter

As we all know, a lot of the older archives aren't really separated by type very well; Yaoi is mixed in with M/F and the specific pairings aren't placed where they belong.

I was trudging through the Digimon section this morning, trying to find a good Tai/Sora fic, as I'm getting ready to write one of my own and wanted some ideas. However, slogging it through 20 pages of yaoi and beastiality can be frustrating when you're just looking for some straight-up straight sex.

So, I came up with this idea: Why don't we have content filters that block stories with certain identifiers? That way, people like me who don't like yaoi won't have to swim through all of them just to find the good stuff and people who like, say, bondage can find what they want more easily.

Thoughts?

I'm not a techie, so I don't know if that would be easy to do or not, but one thing you can try to try and narrow down the stories with the Beastiality is to use the search feature and type in +Tai (or the characters full name, I've never seen digimon) +Sora -Beast (or beastiality). The next option, select story summary, Make sure you check the option that says 'MySQL boolean search mode'.

You get a few more results if you just use Tai instead of Taichi.

We have not reached the anime section and wont reach that area for a while since the group volunteering to scan and clean up the archive is not large. While we've all made progress in what our tasks are, there are thousands upon thousands of stories to move, sort and look over for errors.

Yeah, I tried the boolean search. It's useful, but as far as finding pairings go it's still a pain. A lot of authors thoughtlessly don't place their pairings in the description, or at least don't format it right. nonetheless, it'd be a nice feature to see if it would be possible to block certain story types from appearing.

To do that, requires a more powerful search engine than what is currently there. Simply put, the current search can only give you a max of 100 results at a time. It's not designed to parse a database that's 6.5GB and growing, and in all honesty can only handle MAYBE 300MB of database data. That's spread across several subdomains.

We do have the search engine for the big db we have, but have not ported it in, nor will be in this version. It is code version dependent, which means it's not going to work so well with the software currently in place.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.