Click Here!

Sub-Categories Suggestion.

Guest MaidenHaven

Guest MaidenHaven

I’m not sure if other Fandoms/Pairings are Sub-Categorized, but as a writer of Harry Potter fanfiction for more than five years [i had accounts previously with other websites before joining AFF at the minimum legal age of eighteen], I have searched for countless stories of certain pairings. I know not everyone will agree to what I read nor what I write, but maybe we can agree on the idea I’m proposing. As I’ve said, I write Harry Potter fan fiction, slash to be specific; to be even more specific, Drarry. Draco/Harry fanfiction.

The idea came to me when I did a search on Draco/Harry fan fiction, plus numerous past incidences of finding stories that didn’t turn out to be what I wanted in the first place. As to not beat around the bush, I’ll explain further. In the fandom of Harry Potter, at least on AFF, the slash pairing of Harry/Draco is the largest category to date, and it has been since, I’m assuming, before I ever heard of AFF back in ’07, so I’m told. Anyone that looks at my profile will know that I only read – and write, as it were – Drarry slash with Draco as the dominant and Harry as the submissive. So imagine my annoyance in starting a story that seems conceivable, only to get to the twentieth chapter out of thirty and see the opposite occur.

If there were a Sub-Category in the Harry/Draco section [as well as other fandoms/pairings, not just slash obviously] Authors and readers could easily find stories that they’re interested in easier. Sub Categories, using Harry/Draco as an example, may read “Dom!Draco/Sub!Harry” and, naturally, “Dom!Harry/Sub!Draco”. Other alternatives are always open, of course.

This may even spread to sorting out stories such as creature fics, one shots, song-fics, etc. Just an idea, I think it would make AFF, an already great and wonderful site, more organized and user-friendly.

Edited by MaidenHaven

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.