Click Here!

That's What Brothers Do - Permission to use Reviews

kiix

Greetings

I am in the process of self-publishing my novel "That's What Brother's Do." I have shopped it around to various publishers and while I got nothing but rejection, they were loaded with advice which mainly was - it's good, but too dark so publish it yourself. So that is what I am doing.

My idea is to include some excerpts from the 250+ reviews I received in my endeavor and I have been asked/advised by TyphoonJax to get permission from every reviewer that I wanted to use. Daunting task but here I am.

So this is me, asking those who took the time to offer up a review for Brant and Wilber and even Constantine to give me permission to reprint portions of your reviews. If you give me permission, please provide the name you would like to be identified by...your pen name, alias, first name or last name.

If I get no response, I will be disappointed but publishing will continue.

Kiix

:D Please use my cheesy reviews!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Rosei

I've not posted here before so I hope I hit the correct buttons!!!!

Greetings

I am in the process of self-publishing my novel "That's What Brother's Do." I have shopped it around to various publishers and while I got nothing but rejection, they were loaded with advice which mainly was - it's good, but too dark so publish it yourself. So that is what I am doing.

My idea is to include some excerpts from the 250+ reviews I received in my endeavor and I have been asked/advised by TyphoonJax to get permission from every reviewer that I wanted to use. Daunting task but here I am.

So this is me, asking those who took the time to offer up a review for Brant and Wilber and even Constantine to give me permission to reprint portions of your reviews. If you give me permission, please provide the name you would like to be identified by...your pen name, alias, first name or last name.

Kiix

Thanks for asking. You can use my reviews if you would like to. I think I want to use Bambi4real as the signature or identification. Good Luck!

Greetings

Kiix

... continued from http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/review...t=30&page=9

You may use my reviews for That's What Brothers Do, grammar mistakes and all, whole or in part :D No reimbursement is necessary for my tiny copyrighted gems. Not sure if they'll be useful, but what the heck!

I had to contemplate this for a minute, though. There is always a danger in posting glowing reviews in a blurb. I mean, I know that yours are all Genuine Glowing Reviews, but this sort of thing is pretty rare. Just be very careful in selections, especially since the reviews will be viewed by random shoppers outside of AFF context. It should bare no resemblence to typical shill reviews.

madlodger is ok to credit any bits of my reviews. I don't mind exposing random readers to quality Harry Potter slash.

To change the subject: What sort of cover are you planning to do? Do you have an artist?

What sort of cover are you planning to do? Do you have an artist?[/color]

I have hired an artist. I looked at (her?) gallery over at deviatart.com and when wow. I've got a low res copy and am waiting for the fun that is wire transfers from bank to bank to get unsnarled. Her name is rianti hidayat. I like it. It is sort of shows the darkness of the story.

Hey hey, lingering_nomad here. First of all CONGRANTS AND GOOD LUCK! If you find my lil comment useful, go right ahead. Porbably the only way I'll ever get published :)

Greetings

Kiix

Awesome! Her gallery looks pretty good, so the cover could be totally great looking. I can't wait to see the finished book :)

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings

Kiix

You want to use any reviews I left you, wow!!! hell yeah go ahead. there yours anyway, use them to your hearts content. so yes please to use them if you like.. I love your work and can't wait to see more of it. I am so happy for you, I wish you every success. Your writing is a gift to me, the more I read your work the more I learn from you. Thank you.

Jewel2656

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.