Click Here!

Fanfiction-What Would You Like to See More of ?

Clockwork_Knight

Title says it all. What would you like to see more of in fanfiction ?

I'd like to see more people who are not afraid to write about things that some people might consider offensive

More fics that take place after the game or between games.

The use of strong emotions like jealousy. Characters that become obsessive, lust, not love but lust. Any writer worth his\her Tidily Winks can write about love and romance but not many seem to be able to pull off Lust with out letting it sag into love.

I’d like to see more villains that are not black and white but are more in the grey area. What drive them to be evil or do they even consider themselves evil in the first place ?

I’d like to see more heroes that are not really heroes. Like a Paladin who has let it all go to his head and will punish any one for even the smallest petty crime but he sees every thing he is doing as good.

More original characters that are not sues

I'd like to see more originality not the same thing over and over and over again. I see a lot of stories that have originality in them but have very few reviews while the same rehashed stuff has several

More writers who actually do their research into fetishes. I visit sites that sell bondage gear and even talk to some people who have a great deal of experience with it so I can write it better.

A whole lot less M/M and more hardcore non-con Het. There, I think I just alienated the entire female AFF populace.

Hey, just telling it like it is. Of course one of these days we should all have one big poll and find out how many of us are females and how many are males. I suppose with all that yaoi flying around this place must be like 80% estrogenated peeps, but then again, I could be wrong.

:drool:

I'd love to see more hardcore non con of the het variety and I’m female. Well good non con and that’s hard to find. It often has the ‘victim’ end up falling in love with the rapist, the victim enjoying it or the victim turning into a giant emo that cringes at every shadow. The body may react to stimulation but that does not mean their enjoying it but that fact can be used to humiliate the character and shatter any pride they have.

Even a very strong character can be worn down with rape and\or torture but it's not going to happen over night. Even if they get away or get rescued, realistically they will have all kinds of issues to deal for years. Everything from man hating to be leery of any kind of sexual contact.

I do more than a little het non-consensual sex. But with my other kinks, it's not always worth it for others.

I've been accused of having absolutely no boundries, and I get a mixed bag of reviews, some hate what I write because it's rare and explicit, others love that I write stuff that few want to even try. I guess I'm able to because I'm partially writing for myself. Sure, I have moments when I question if there is going to be a lot of backlash for my stories, but I try to not stray from something just because some people might find it offensive. Basically, I'll write anything if it's in my ability, and interest, to do so. When you're into BDSM and vanilla sex is actually a turn off at times for you, you have to push the bar more than a few times.

The only time I ever limit myself is in FF.net were you get flamed or whined at if you are too graphic or what not. That and I stay away from subjects that I have little interest in or away from kinks that gross me out like scat.

Fanfiction is pretty much fics you write for yourself but you share them with others.

Theresa nothing wrong with BDSM, I’m a bit into myself but I see too many fics were the writer has not done their research. There are some way the human body can not bend.

Honestly I'd like to see more yuri by people who can write. I hate to say it, but most of the good writers don't touch yuri. There are some that do, but they wont touch non-con yuri. I'd like to think I'm good, so that makes me the exception, but I'd like a little company. It's lonely here :)

I really enjoy a good Yaoi or Yuri as long as it is well written I'll read everthing from non-con to Mpreg. But of course i have set of criteria for whether(sp?) a story is up to par of not, and it depends upon the if the story is a fanfic or original.

Fanfiction

1.The character must be as close to character as possible.

2.No creature fics without some sort of explanation.

3.same goes for Mpreg.

4.Make sure all names of people and places are spelled right and located where they would be in the story.(ie. dont put hogwarts in rhode island if its in scottland.)

5. Spelling and puctuation is a must, especially if your using another language in your fic.

6. generally i like multi chapter fic.

7. A good summery is a must.

Original Fanfiction

1. A good summery.

2.Above average spelling and grammar.

3.Well thought out main characters.

4.A good plotline is a must, and it has no set plot the plot must develope in a decent manner as the story goes.

5.Mpreg as always should have an explanation.

6. Flashbacks should always work for the scen in interupts or leads you to.

7. Build the world for your fic so i the reader can imagine what its like.

8. Chapter aren't over wordered or over simplified.

9. If its a periode type fiction stay reasonably inside that periode.

10. Enjoy what your doing no one likes a writter who seems to be pained to write there story!

Edited by Luminita