Click Here!

Archive 'LATEST' Function Doesn't Work

madlodger

I clicked on http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/main.php?cat=4 this morning and then LATEST. Instead of latest updates it took me here: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/

It seems to be the same thing across all archives. Are you guys upgrading the code today?

Latest, if I'm remembering right, will display in the center block, so that there is also access to the main menu for each subdomain. Same thing with "next" and "previous" click points, just a bit of different placement.

will we still be able to get to the new stories in our catagories? It was a pain in the rear to find what had been updated. I had to search in each catagory.

hopefully it will be resolved soon

The LATEST works now, although it looks a bit different.

The story reviews are showing ten at a time as default now, though. I can change it to 30, but its still not enough and this selection doesn't stick from one fic to another. Could we get a View All Reviews button in addition to all changes? I much prefer to see all reviews on one page.

It was changed to where it showed a maximum of 30, to reduce query load drastically (for each review which is displayed, a query is executed). Stories where you have many, many reviews, tend to have their review boards load slowly, or not at all. This FIXES that, so it's no longer a problem.

In fact, by giving one the option of showing up to 30 at a time, that's pretty much the limit of where we should ever be for query execution per page displayed.

We noticed late last night that the sort order was reverse of what we wanted, so that'll be addressed I'd expect within the next few days. (Was intended to sort newest to oldest, it currently sorts oldest to newest, but as I said, this is temporary).

I am still getting used to the changes. One thing that could be improved on is a width of the Latest Stories field. Right now it looks like its set for 75%. It should be wider; 80% or more would be more practical since the primary goal is to see an actual LATEST list, not to go away to a different subcat.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.