Click Here!

So I think my first story was received well...

Petofsuccubus

I'm not sure if it makes a difference to the rest of this post or not, but before Captured, I had never written any fanfiction before. It seems to be well liked, but the two reviews it picked up hint towards more men. Since it was a girl/girl fic, and that's my favorite type of fic, I'm not really sure how to work it in there. I do plan on writing more with the same original characters. However, the main characters,

Nessa and Karasae

are in love. Because of this, I'm not really sure to what end having males in the next story would be appropriate. I'm not against it, I'm just asking how I can do it without screwing things up. Any thoughts?

Well, you could write a story with different characters, which is probably what your readers are looking for.

Failing that... well, it's hard to give suggestions without knowing what type of story you're writing. But here's a few:

1.Are you going to have villains in this story? Putting the villains in a romantic relationship with each other is a good way to give them more depth. Look at how many action movies give a romantic interest for the main villain. Take "Live Free or Die Hard" for instance. A lot of the tension between the hero and the villain comes from the hero killing off the villain's hot Asian face-kicking assassin.

2.Add a male with an unrequited love interest for one of your main characters, and later fix him up with a different woman. Okay, that sort of thing is usually cornball, but it is possible to make something like that work.

3.If one of your main characters has to pass a series of trials for some reason, have one of the trials be(or involve) intercourse with a man. You have to be careful this doesn't feel contrived, but most AFF.net readers seem happy to see stories where characters have to have sex for some practical reason.

Well, you could write a story with different characters, which is probably what your readers are looking for.

Failing that... well, it's hard to give suggestions without knowing what type of story you're writing. But here's a few:

1.Are you going to have villains in this story? Putting the villains in a romantic relationship with each other is a good way to give them more depth. Look at how many action movies give a romantic interest for the main villain. Take "Live Free or Die Hard" for instance. A lot of the tension between the hero and the villain comes from the hero killing off the villain's hot Asian face-kicking assassin.

2.Add a male with an unrequited love interest for one of your main characters, and later fix him up with a different woman. Okay, that sort of thing is usually cornball, but it is possible to make something like that work.

3.If one of your main characters has to pass a series of trials for some reason, have one of the trials be(or involve) intercourse with a man. You have to be careful this doesn't feel contrived, but most AFF.net readers seem happy to see stories where characters have to have sex for some practical reason.

This is going to be sort of a continuation of Captured. More like an after the fact (not sure if this has a proper name), but it makes the assumption that Captured was read. I may at some point write something with different characters, but I'm already planning this story. As for your suggestions...

1. I did consider this. Actually it's my main consideration for introducing a make into any sexual scene since I didn't want to "break" one of my current main characters. The only thing I'm wondering at this point is how to show such a scene without making it seem random.

2. Believe it or not, I actually never thought of that. It could work, though.

3. I'm unsure how I'd feel about this. Writing something people want to read is one thing, but it really seems like a betrayal of the characters to do such a thing.

adding men = conflict

conflict = good

Unless you're not into the love triangle thing. But putting men in there doesn't mean you need to write M/F scenes. Maybe it's just male characters that pine for the female leads or try to force themselves on the protagonists. Conflict is always a great way to extend a story line and make it interesting.

3. I'm unsure how I'd feel about this. Writing something people want to read is one thing, but it really seems like a betrayal of the characters to do such a thing.

Yeah, I generally agree with you. Such a plot point is almost contrived by definition, and unless the character is completely confident about his* sexuality(meaning that he's had sex with people other than his love, is basically comfortable with what he's being asked to do, and won't let it affect his emotions), it is degrading to them. Just thought I should throw the idea out there, though, because many writers don't seem to mind doing it.

*in your case, her