Click Here!

Hit Count at the Forum

madlodger

I clicked on my topic to view replies and saw that the replies are hidden. They are listed on the bottom of the original post as a list of links. Now I have to click on a link for each reply to see them. This made it more difficult to follow the collective train of thought, and on top of that each click made a topic hit count go up. I looked at five replies in the same topic and the hit count went from 99 to 103.

Is there any way to change settings so the topic replies would be "unrolled" as before? I couldn't do it from my Control Panel, so it's the global board setting then.

Link to topic giving you trouble?

It could be that you've set the view for the topic in such a way that it won't show the posts when you look, and the default is to show all the posts when you click a topic. Now, if for whatever reason, you've set your forum default to show "outline" instead of "standard", that will give you the links rather than the posts. So what you do is change the (upper right corner of the topic) display option from outline back to standard.

It could also be that I missed a forum when resetting them all from moderator preview for posts and topics after the upgrade. Since I'd set them that way in the first place pre upgrade because of the spam that the forum was getting in the guest posts/topics allowed forums.

Link to topic giving you trouble?

It could be that you've set the view for the topic in such a way that it won't show the posts when you look, and the default is to show all the posts when you click a topic. Now, if for whatever reason, you've set your forum default to show "outline" instead of "standard", that will give you the links rather than the posts. So what you do is change the (upper right corner of the topic) display option from outline back to standard.

It could also be that I missed a forum when resetting them all from moderator preview for posts and topics after the upgrade. Since I'd set them that way in the first place pre upgrade because of the spam that the forum was getting in the guest posts/topics allowed forums.

I found it! It is a Options setting to the right of the topic's name. This changes how the entire board is viewed. I was looking for it in My Controls>Board Settings :(

No idea how my option setting got changed from Standard to Outline in the first place. Outline is crap and messes up with hit count.

It's back to normal now, thank you.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.