Click Here!

Celebrities / TV thing

JayDee

Hi there. Me here.

I was just thinking, shouldn't any of the TV shows that are non fiction - IE featuring celebrities/soon to be celebrities as themselves - go under the celebrity rather than the TV show board? The reason being people would then have the celebrity specific disclaimer on rather than the the TV disclaimer. There probably are not that many this apply to, but for example... Myth Busters.

Eight stories, including one I contributed towards but didn't upload, and the standard disclaimer is along the lines of " I do not own Myth Busters, nor any of the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of this story. "

However, Kari Byron, Tori etc etc of the build team are not characters, but are real people. Funnily, the WWE TV shows are listed under celebrity, I assume for this reason, although the wresters all pretty much portray fictionalised characters (except Undertaker, who actually is some kinda supernatural dead man. Allegedly).

I realise everything is being re-organised so this probably wouldn't be something you'd want to think about right off, but I thought it ought to be tossed out because I know you're usually pretty hot on things being disclaimer correctly.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.