Click Here!

There's about a million avatars to choose from and frequently something you might be interested in is in there, but it's really hard to find. They're not alphabetised or anything. Some of them don't even have appropriate names. I'd be happy to do it myself but it's probably harder than it looks and besides I don't know a lot of those fandoms.

How about you do one of these things?

a) Rename the avatars (like with names like 'Naruto01' and 'Naruto02' and so on) and alphabetise them to make it easy to pick out one for a fandom you like.

;) Allow people to make their own avatars. Yeah, I know the pixel and byte size would be restricted but it's still easier to make one than to go through each and every one of the current mess.

The avatar upload thing is being reworked. If I'm remembering the conversation correctly, the users will be linking to them offsite, rather than uploading them.

Alternatively, I SHOULD be able to sort the avatars into subdirectories for the fandoms, and make an avatar gallery of some sort, like what we can do with the forum. Dunno for sure, we'll have to look in to that.

• 1 month later...

oh, well i submitted some avatars for people to use.

unless the avatars could have some kind of system where they can be orginized.

but that would require making a script. Like a gallery script. or an upload-catatory script.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dracori

When you upload a new avatar, is it actually added to the list of avatars that people can choose from? I'm guessing it is. Is there anyway you can make it to where the avatars you upload are just for your own personal use? I really don't like the idea of uploading maybe a picture of myself and knowing that some stranger may choose to use it, even if the chances of that are slim.

Also, it says the max file size is 10KB. Is there anyway it can get bumped up a bit? Because I'd like to use the image I'm using here on the forums, but it's like 18KB, and the only way I can get it to 10KB is if I size it down to like 50x50 and I really don't want to use an image that small. I'd at least like to have a 100x100 image.

Guest Dracori

Hmm...so there's no way you can upload avatars the way you can upload them here on the forums? I know obviously people could still use them if they chose, but it's just that to me when you upload them for everyone's use, it's almost like you're insisting that they use them *shrug*

But is it possible to increase the size limit? The only way I can make an image 10KB is to size it down to like 50x50, and I really don't want to use an image that small. I've noticed a lot of people have uploaded some gigantic images that still manage to meet the size limit, but I have no idea how they did it.

Guest Dracori

That's odd, when I change it to jpg, it increases the size, rather than decreases it. The KB is smaller when it's png. And I'm really not sure how you'd go about altering the compression rate.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Dracori

That would be great :( Will offsite linking mean that avatars we upload will be our own personal avatars and not available for everyone else?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.