Click Here!

M/M challenges

canterro

I'd be happy to see one of those well written, as long stories B)

1. Fantasy.

A court sorcerer and a hired assassin.

Action starts when they are both captives (an assasin was betrayed, and a sorcerer was turned in in exchange for a prince) . They are slaves on a black galley, rowing together as a pair. Conditions they live in make people lose their dignity - they both try to make their lives a bit more bearable. It includes selling body (a sorcerer) or being a killing errand boy (an assasin)... In general - nothing to be proud of.

All that matters is to endure.

Everyone is an enemy, who only waits for your mistake, who you should be on guard against.

Thus, the sorcerer and the assassin hate each other, an take adventage of the "partner" whenever possible.

Until one day... they have to cooperate to escape. During preparations and the escape itself they discover they both have other faces, other qualities and can be someone better than they used to experience...

Imperceptibly, some strange emotions knock their doors, although it'll take them some time to name them properly :P

Characteristics:

The sorcerer is physically weaker than the assassin but he is well educated, smart, and powerfull. Malicious, egocentric, picky and imperious. He is good in negotiations, game of appearances, politics, intrigues.

The assassin is a simple, though very withdrew and silent man, obeying his hard rules, mistrustful, indomitable. He is, by definition, an excellent fighter.

I'd be delightet to see it running :D

2. Modern

An actor, a great Hollywood star, well known for his romantic lead roles, goes through hard times. He had some adventures with drugs, sex scandals, scenes under influence... It's hard for him to deal with fame, with paparazzis, rumors and people who want to feed on his career. Finding a real friend is not easy.

And accidentally the actor manages to find him.

While shooting a love drama in Rocky Mountains, during the free day, he takes a car and drives ahead... In a small, lost town he wanders to a local bar and there he meets a man.

They drink together, they talk... it feels as if they've known each other for years.

The man used to live in the big city but some personal matters (later it turns out that he is gay, but for the long time this fact stays hidden) together with professional troubles (ha had an affair with someone important from his company; the affair brought shame to that man and our hero was the one who paid for it later) brought him to that remote place, to his parents house.

Here the story of friendship begins :)

With time storms gather, connected with unintentionally revealed facts - being a celebrity and being gay.

Fame, accusations of taking advantage, seduction, hidden intentions, celebrity's whims... They have to go through all this to find what is real between them :)

Do you like those ideas?

If so, take them up!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know I am over a year late with this, but... I DON'T CARE. I only just signed up today, so forgive ze lateness.

I have been inspired by your first challenge/request, the fantasy one. I will try to post a couple of chapters before Christmas.

And post a link to them in this topic, of course. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I left a review at your story's site :)

Are you a native English speaker?

Whatever your answer is, it's still not a bad idea to get a beta-reader. I know it as I work with one - a perfect cooperator. They can find your small mistakes and help to format the text :)

It's worth trying, if you haven't done it yet, especially that some betas have lots of experience and can give a very valuable feedback :)

Good luck, I'm waiting for continuation!

I kind of am a native-speaker. It's difficult to explain.

No one will beta my stories, I've posted several times on several different websites. You are welcome to, if you would like to. But not many people read my stories, generally, so it's never been much of an issue.

I kind of am a native-speaker. It's difficult to explain.

No one will beta my stories, I've posted several times on several different websites. You are welcome to, if you would like to. But not many people read my stories, generally, so it's never been much of an issue.

I'm not a good beta, as I'm not a native speaker :) I use help of my beta-reader all the time... It's quite difficult to find a good one, well, to find one at all, but keep trying. It took me quite a long time to start a solid cooperation. Keep answering to posts in the thread where betas leave their offers... Eventually it'll work :D

And about small audience - it grows with time :) Do not be discouraged - practice makes a master :)

• 2 years later...

I also find myself particularly inspired by your fantasy idea.... I may take a spin at that myself.... (I probably shouldn't, as I have plenty of things to write anyway.... But the idea's wonderful and meshes decently with a fan fic I'm working on.)

Now, my only question with it is: may I go futuristic with it? In which case the rowing of the galley would probably be more a case of being chained to a spot in the engine room, but if I think on it some more I can probably find a way to make it quite doable.

Edit: And when I say the idea meshes decently with a fan fic I'm working on, I don't mean I'm going to make it a fan fic or use bits of it IN a fan fic.... I mean that if I go futuristic with it like I'm thinking about, it will take me in a completely different direction from the fan fic and make a wonderful compare/contrast situation. Such insanity is how I get most of my inspiration.

Edited by Cuzosu

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.