Click Here!

Can I attach pictures to my story?

Melrick

You’ve written your story based on a terrific picture you found online, or perhaps you even drew pictures yourself to illustrate your story, and you want to know if you can attach the picture or pictures the story you upload to AFF?

The answer is no, you can’t. It’s not allowed and nor is it possible.

The reason for that comes down to bandwidth. Pictures can use up a sizable chunk of bandwidth, which we have to pay for. Might I remind you that AFF is totally free for you, with the only income resulting from the very small amount of advertising we use, and maybe donations (hint hint ;) ). If we allowed pictures to be attached to stories then that income would fall massively short of the monthly bandwidth bill, and then there’d be no more AFF.

You do have alternatives, though. There’s a part of our forum, called the Art Room where you can upload pictures. There’s also plenty of free websites out there that enable you to upload pictures to their servers. Once you did that then all you’d need to do is include a URL to the picture or pictures in an author’s note in your story. Simple!