Click Here!

Daylight- Review replies 'n Discussion thread

MorningSnow

Alrighty then. Daylight is getting some awesome replies and reviews, and first of all, I would like to say thank you sooooo much for reading. Seriously. I was so worried that the premise of this story would get the WORST responses. But everyone is telling me they like it, and of course I like it haha! So thanks!

Ok, so the summary is: Nearly ten years after the final battle, Hermione wakes to find herself in a strange country with little information on how she arrived, Draco’s Deputy Headmaster of the school nearby, can she trust in his help?

I will be addressing the questions people post in the reviews and on occasion addressing issues people bring up, too. You can totally write in here too! I do prefer reviews to each chapter to be on AFF itself, but if you have something to add to a reply, please feel free to do it here!

HG4eva, Some of your comments lead me to spoilers! Ch. 3 will answer some of your questions! I will tell you that canon Draco (post-Hogwarts) is out the window. Primrose mentions in Ch. 1 that he turned to the light, 'everyone knows that'. But Hermione didn't, since she stayed away from the papers as much as possible. She was dealing with some avoidance issues.

Is she in danger? Well, how much fun would the story be if I told you that? ;)

You mention Draco playing of the 'tragically misunderstood' persona and I'm not quite sure that's what he's doing yet. I do want to point out that even Hermione says to herself that she has only heard Primrose's opinion of him. In Ch. 3, Hermione will be talking to him for a few minutes for the first time- and alone- so his personality is going to be analyzed by our beloved heroine. Thanks for your reviews! I like your comments!

Anin- I do know that Lincoln wasn't the first US president. Hermione got her wars mixed up and she was corrected. Civil war was the war Lincoln had to deal with, I've double checked. Thanks for pointing it out though!

Eris!! - Oh, you have such a surprise coming when it comes to Anthony hehehe Just gonna have to wait for Ch. 3!

Rose is becoming a very fun character in my mind, and Luis is a lot of fun. Yep, I like my OC's quite a lot in the short time I've known them lol. I wish this place existed too, You've told me you have never been to Texas, so let me tell you, that random building in the middle of nowhere from before the War for Independence between the Mexican and Texan armies is common. They're all historical landmarks and owned by the state. But they are so weird to see! Imagine the Alamo (Which is all anyone really knows about Texas) in the middle of a field, but with white paint instead of bare limestone and you get the picture for what I imagine the school to look like.

Yes in the story I have both Lucius and Narcissa sentenced to the Dementor's Kiss. She will probably not come up, but in my head she did so much other stuff before she saved Harry in the forest that she deserved no less. But, maybe I'll have Draco explain it for you... in a set of Healers robes lmao!

Eris- I'm glad the Anthony thing didn't put you off liking him. Haha, I gave you more of a description to make up for it! And some flirtin with Draco too!

The money thing with Draco is a little bit different, Draco just explained it simply. He'll have a conversation later with.... someone (It's a secret who!) about it more in depth.

But yes, sarcastic Draco is one we all want, I think. He's trying to get along with her and she keeps accusing him of saying things he didn't intend. It happens again in Ch.4 which you'll see on Wednesday, hopefully.

Ok, but an answer to your question (in jest) is something you will just have to wait for little lady ;) That's a spoiler! I can't tell you what happens!! Muahahahahah!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Seriously bad news everyone. I will not have internet until the 29th. I was supposed to have my install but some problems came up with the apartment I'm moving to so they could not install when they were supposed to. When I get my internet up, I will post 2 chapters. 2 nice and smutty chapters. ;)

I'm typing on my phone and I'm going to try really hard to get to somewhere with internet to post a chapter in the meantime, but if I cannot, that is the reason for it.

Also, review replies are near impossible right now (I have to be able to go back n forth to reply adequately) so please be patient!

lemonade- That is so incredibly weird! Cicadas are so creepy looking and I hate the noise they make, until I get used to it, lol.

Eris- Both replies in one! Could you imagine, sex slave Hermione. Goodness that would be hilarious. Beware the Spoilers, you don't want to go messing with paradoxes lol!

Victoria- Aw, thanks! I like it so much too! :)

sheedy- It sure did start off strange, didn't it? I actually fell in love with it from the start, since I had been writing little drabs here n there of late before starting this story. I had writer's block before, but now, none. Thanks for reading and giving it a chance!

Trelweny- You were the only person to have caught that little tidbit (and told me about it, haha). It came up in Ch.6, as I'm sure you read. I had already written that chapter and was working on Ch. 7, when I got the e-mail with your review. I honestly was a little crestfallen that someone had figured it out (I LOVE it when a writer catches me by surprise) or maybe you are just super sleuth-y! I like the second option!

lemonade- The answers are in... Ch.6, I think. Hopefully you have read it already! Good word, I had to look up Twitterpated because I had no idea what it meant. You taught me a new word! Thanks! No cicadas, I hope!

Eris- Well, thanks! Draco is a genius for coming up with that on the fly. I really was proud of how easily that all came out. There will be a bit more interactions between the OC's, which I already have written. You will love it. No clues on when that'll happen, you'll just have to wait! MUAHAHAHAH!!!

Yes, Draco has a feeling of unease about how Anthony's acting, but he's been chalking it up to grief. Anthony grieving is unheard of in their dynamic, so he doesn't have a clue how he would act.

I don't know how to answer the amateur part of your review. Maybe it is an amateur reaction. On a side note, your comment made me realize I have not yet addressed how old Rowle is in my story. I should add that in somewhere... good spot!

I feel the same way about AMMIC! I love that story!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Gracie- Aw, You're so sweet! You will have some fun with the rest of this story, I hope.

The twists and turns are nearly over! I'm in the middle of writing Ch.9 and at the beginning of this story, I had planned on doing 10 chapters. It might be 11, because I felt the need to do some fluff with some OC's (original characters) just 'cause I like their voices so much. That's as close to telling you what will happen next as I will get! Have fun with the rest of the ride ;)

Eris- certainly hope Draco is too hot to handle! Hermione is very honest with her attraction to Draco, to herself and to him, but she's still not fully prepared to screw him on an emotional level. I'm going to post Ch. 9 today, and (sadly) no sexytimes yet. Some loose ends have to be wrapped up and she comes to the realization that maybe she isn't as ready to fall into bed with him as she thought. A one night stand is one thing, but he has been bluntly honest with his interest in more than that from her. Muahahaha, I am so evil, I know. Such flirting and of course the antagonist has to ruin it. In Ch. 10, we will see what he reveals in his trial about his motivations. A threesome might be fun.... hmmm......... lol no, not in this story. Anyway, later today, you can breathe again! I hope you're having a good day!

Margerie- Aw, I'm sorry you lost out on sleep because of me. :( I don't know yet how they are going to get into that topic, I have not yet written it. It's gonna be a bit awkward, I'm sure. He's a cocky guy, and she's acting more confident than she really is. Sure she wants to play with him, as in tease his interest, but who wouldn't? I don't think he's used to women being as forward as she is sometimes in this story, and it's throwing him off.

As for the Harry thing, Draco will soon explain his disdain for the 'Savior of the Wizarding World' and hopefully it won't be something you expect!

Eris- When you mentioned the Luis thing, I showed it to my husband, and oh how we laughed. You know Luis is based off my husband, and he just thought Hermione was confused at his attire, but men never understand their own sexiness when they are all sweaty. The UST is killing me too! I want them together already! But alas, it will be near the end of this coming chapter, I should think. I'm running behind schedule as of late and haven't really written the next chapter. Hopefully I will post tomorrow. I certainly hope this will be a happy ending too. Maybe Harry will leave with a better understanding of the real world and not the one created for him by the public. You'll have to wait to find out!

Guest- Thanks so much for your review! I am such a curious person, I always want to know what people are thinking! Plus, reading reviews helps me re-examine the characters and their motivations through the eyes of others. I will often read through reviews when I'm stuck and suddenly I know what is going to happen next. It's weird. Thanks again!

Victoria- Well, I can't answer that without giving spoilers! Draco has not brought up Harry by name, but Hermione told him not to make fun of her or her friends, to which he answered "I'll try not to make fun of your friends" He obviously has some resentment for either Ron or Harry (Or both!). He might be showing a bit of jealousy, that would be where I would be leaning if I were you. However, why is Harry in Texas? That would be my first question if I were Draco. Some of Draco's past will come to light in the beginning of the discussion between them. You're in for a treat!

Eris- Oh goodness, you are just too funny for words sometimes.

Yes, Draco's pissed, but in my mind he's not letting it show so it's not his decision for Hermione to stay. If she doesn't fight back against someone trying to take her back to England, then she would be more fickle than he thinks she is. So he doesn't say anything to the contrary. It needs to be Hermione's decision. In addition to that, if she starts to have doubts later on, and in this pivotal moment has Draco trying to convince her or Harry that she should stay, it's not going to be a good decision. She'll never stop having doubts.

Harry's... a little weird. I don't quite fathom his thoughts during this part of the story. I think he's being overly controlling, as I'm sure you'll agree. But, he's doing it because he's worried she may be cursed by him somehow. He has no reasons to believe in Draco's changes. So he goes back to the version of Draco he knows. That version would have Hermione under an Imperious Curse to do his bidding. Really, Hermione and Harry have the same intuition about him. Hermione has the advantages of her greater intelligence and more forgiving nature, so she sees it in the end. Harry also has only spoken to him for these few minutes. And in these few minutes has to rely on (what might be a questionable) Hermione's opinion of Draco.

Lol, I'm sure he did say a brief thank you to whoever he prays to. Sometimes I wish I had done this story in more than one POV, for moments of hilarity like the revelation Draco has about Hermione's interest in BDSM.

Draco being the voice of reason is because he has a Psychology degree and he deals with children on a daily basis. He's used to calming people who are fighting and uses his experience on them. I can imagine him being super cocky about their near immediate forgiveness of one another, lol

Sorry! I don't mean to be psychically plagiarizing you! That must be it! Microsoft has finally come out with psychic computers and they tested it on us! It worked, Bill Gates! lmao

I'm sooooooo looking forward to the coming sex scene. I'm debating whether I want them to do a scene or not.... And then, how far to take it? Sigh, it's hard to make these decisions! Thanks for your wonderful review. Like truly. Oh, did you notice the name of the girl Harry cheated on Ginny with? Arys.... sounds an awful lot like Eris.... :whistle: not that I did that on purpose mind you.... just.......... Nah, I did it on purpose. hahaha!

This all explains alot and clears up everything for me! I love how Draco is educated past Hogwarts and actually applies his knowledge in his daily life. He's so cool<3

and HELL YEA lol:) I'll totally be the girl Harry cheated on Ginny with! I didn't make the connection because I pronounced it different in my head but now I'm super excited lol! haha that's so awesome!!!

I can't wait until chapter 11!

Eris:)

Guest Victoria Cox

Hi--

Victoria, here. I can't believe I didn't notice a glaring typo (the word "would" didn't get deleted when I edited) when I posted my last review. So embarrassing.

If you plan to finish this story in one or two more chapters, I hope you consider writing more stories in this new wizard school setting. I would love reading more of the continuing sexual adventures of Draco and Hermione.

Victoria- In response to your review- I agree, I'm not sure exactly why in my head Harry said that. It was one of those moments where the story is playing out perfectly in my head and I would never stop long enough to change a single word. I did sit there and wonder about Harry saying that for a long time, and the only things which make sense to me are things like he's testing to see if she has complete control over her mental faculties and he could have just forgotten that Draco was even in the room. I don't know, really. Harry in this story is very very used to getting his own way all of the time. I wish that I could understand why he said it in my imagination also, it really bothers me. Oh, the steamy moments are definitely not over with! haha!

In response to the comment on here- I didn't even notice it! Haha, so I went back to look for it, and there it was. No worries, though! I liked your review! I have considered doing mayyyybe an epilogue, but I'm not sure yet. I might decide to even continue the story for a longer time period. That's always a possibility. I'm trying to work on Ch. 11, but stuff keeps coming up :( Not happy about it in the least. I want to write their first sex scene!

Aranel- I liked the idea of the Mission (surface level) being used for one of its original purposes. The Missions in Texas used to be churches decorating the landscape. So that was the reason for the priest to come. Also, Texas is a very.... conservative state. Most places. Its hard to make a generality about such a huge state, but I think most people would agree with me when I say that. It would be difficult for the Muggleborns to come from a probably conservative upbringing to a school without any form of familiarity, in this case just going to church on Sundays can help alleviate some of the isolation some of the kids have.

Just for the record though! I am not a Christian! I am not advocating for either side of any religious debate! I just have the priest come because it would make sense for all of those previous reasons I mentioned. It is a very sticky topic, and like Rose says, "I make a rule not to talk about it. I’m aware that lots of people believe in it, but I am not one. Let’s leave it at that, ok?"

But that is all an aside! Thanks! You're so sweet! I'm stuck right now on Ch. 11, so I have to wait for my muse to come back from Aruba before completing the next chapter! Sorry!! I hope I can post tomorrow!

margiere- Oh no! I didn't mean to make things spontaneously combust! Haha, I love the start of that review, it cracked me up.

Anyway, Harry was understandably not briefed on who had been protecting her. I am thinking there was some miscommunication between the Aurors of England and their respective counterparts in America. I'm pressing that the war which J.K. Rowling wrote about did not really transmit successfully across the pond. You know, like how it is in real life. America is not concerned with- even the most important- teaching their children what is going on in the rest of the world. I know, I sound so cynical by saying that, but I feel that its true. But to the point, the American Aurors probably would not have seen the importance of mentioning it in their brief of what was going on.

And Harry.... I dunno, sometimes he acts like he knows best and other times he's clueless. I was leaning towards he knew what was best in this situation, since he was always acting like that when it comes to Malfoy, he is always the bad guy. So I think that's why he was acting like that.

Draco really did handle the situation as an adult. And I was proud of him for it.

First date! Ha! I love your observations! I tried to make it kinda quick when it comes to saying what happened, since I wanted them to get home already and have their scene. I'm glad that you picked up on their ease of being with one another. Draco I think is just an observant person. That's not an inherent Dom trait, but good question anyway. I wish it was, but alas.... He's an incredibly intelligent person in my mind, which is why he pairs with Hermione so well. In order to be manipulative (like anyone from Slytherin leans toward) you have to be pretty observant to their behaviors. So I want to lean toward he's like that just as himself, but I will never deny that the things he's been through would have added to or sharpened his natural inclination toward being observant.

I will be continuing this story, for sure. I am really glad you pointed out the loose ends. I thought I had gotten to them all, but reading through the list you made has made me realize that I neglected to explain some things. So thanks! Great review! :D

Aranel- Smack him? Why would you want to smack him? Was it a typo? Am I not reading what you meant?

Anyway, Hermione's insecurity is like a part of canon, and everyone who writes fan fictions addresses it, but what about Draco? He plays cool and aloof all the time but is he really? I want him to be imperfect. The imperfections make us human. Even the most narcissistic people are filled with self-doubt and insecurities, whether over real or imagined issues. And to have him own up to them... makes me love him a little bit more. Do you understand? I don't know if I'm making sense. Ironically, real life is kicking me in the ass once more. What can I do? lol, nothing except take it a day at a time, like you say. But thanks!

The Christianity issue.... I know will come up once more from Primrose. Hermione will ask her about her comments and I'm still debating whether Primrose will answer. I'm leaning towards just leaving the topic alone. You're totally right. It's too much hassle, lol Thank you so much!

Eris- ooh, good word, "thrice". Love the hell out of some random college/old timey words! lol you're so dang funny. My favorite part was "I was like "Yes Sir" every time he asked a question..." You're just too funny for words, lady. I think I'm supposed to infer that my pairing is a good Dramione pairing? I will be putting more chapters up, but slower, I think. Not exactly sure. Got real life to deal with until next week.... :( boo. But I'm so glad you liked it!

Victoria- Aw... *Sniffle* That was so sweet.... That last sentence.... :cry:

Ok, lemme pull myself together. Yes, more chapters. Totally. just not sure on the scheduling. Real life n all that... Yes, got some other loose ends to tie up, I suppose but it's a good idea to spin off some of the OC's into stories. I think I would enjoy writing that. Hmmmmm.....

Thanks though!! Good review! I was so touched by the last line! :dancegirl2:

brioche- Well, I certainly am glad you decided to join the community! Thanks so much for your review! Eris' story really is good isn't it? I'm obsessed with hers also. She's a fantastic writer and I'm so excited every time she updates! I know she has lots of effort put into her story, which is why she takes a long time between updates. As for me, well, I was doing an update every other day at the beginning of the story, but real life has started creeping into my writing time. I'm sorry! I'll try to get more time to write, but with the way everything is going right now, I'm not sure how much time I can devote to it! I am going to continue, and I'm going to try to update Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays starting next week. So you don't have to be refreshing all the time anymore! Yay! Thanks for your compliments and for your review!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.