Click Here!

Blood on the Ground (DM/HG) Discussion time!

MorningSnow

Ok, so my lovely reviewer margerie mentioned that there were some questions pertaining to this story, so I took the idea from ErisNight (Who is writing a good story called A Match Made in Convenience- I would reccomend.) to post in the forum for discussion about any questions anyone might have.

http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600097195 is the link to the story, if you haven't read it yet (Shame on you! haha!).

Uh, the FAQ recommends a brief summary of the story, so I guess... Here goes:

Draco is given asylum in 12 Grimmuald Place and there is some boring buildup stuff that goes on there (Honestly, chapters 2-4 are my least favorite. You know, I have to set up the story and all that, give you the poetic ways of where we are in the cannon and how the story will change). Then, when Ron finds out that Hermione and Draco are kinda-sorta-maybe seeing each other, he disappears and does some very naughty things.

There. I think thats a loose enough synopsis to not give anything away, right? Yep. It's at 15 Chapters, and I'm working on Ch. 17 and editing 16 when I get stuck on 17. It's just my way, not like I'm trying to get more reviews or ratings by posting a new chapter every 2-ish days, just the way I work best.

Uh... so anyone want to talk about the story? :indubitably:

Anyway, Grace gave me a lovely review and I just wanted to say thanks to you for giving me the highest compliment I think any writer can get: ‘I couldn't stop reading’. Internet hugs for you!!

That was seriously a good compliment from the other side of the wold, and it meant a lot to me. Thanks!

A thanks to AtlanteanDiva for a couple of reviews also. Gave me the feeling like you were reading it and reviewing each chapter? Hopefully your opinion changed as you continued! If you stopped, Well, I'm sorry you didn't like it

margiere, I know exactly what you mean. I have had one hell of a week also. Sorry yours was bad though! I hope your layover wasn't too droll. (I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence! Check that off the bucket list hahaha!)

So on to questions- In the story, it won't come up, but there was a teeny tiny allusion to who Imperioed her. It was Bellatrix and the allusion was "She tittered as though she had learned the skill from her sister’s madness." She really did learn it from her sister.

Draco killing his father won't come up but once more, mostly because this last chapter is in mostly Hermione POV (Duh, sex scene ha). The complex emotions- which I would need to describe- are not easily translated into English from their natural free-flowing state, so I (As a young-ish writer) am having a really hard time writing his side of the after-effects.

Not really normal, don't worry you won't have to go through it because of the Dom/sub stuff. But as an aside, the feelings she is dealing with and the strength of them are very similar to sub-drop. I was so happy to hear you learned new terms because of me!

What's going on in that scene- or what I intended to portray- was a complex mixture of Hermione feeling lonely for the first time in our story, which causes her insecurities to surface once more, which she deals with by asking for help from others. I mean, she's an 18 year old girl, dealing with her first separation from her lover, she's using the scientific facts of being in a Dom/sub relationship as a crutch for dealing with how powerful her love is. It's a very hard thing to deal with, being a mostly independent person who needs to have a Dom/Domme.

I've had conversations with my husband about his dealings with being separated from me on the rare occasions it's happened, and as my only real base for how a Dom would deal with the separation, he's told me it's hard. Not nearly as hard as it is for a sub- remember the dependance which can sometimes result in any relationship is a major concern in BDSM. He told me that even though our dynamic is tied to the bedroom, he can no longer ... find his completion without a heavy dose of a feeling of power. But remember, this is one example in a question about generalities that I can't fully answer.

So, yeah. Tomorrow I will post the last chapter, and there might be an epilogue if my brain refuses to let this story go.

:dance:

Guest Margiere

Thank you so much for the explanations. I keep forgetting that Hermione is only 18 years old. The horrors and challenges they have all gone through makes me think they are much older than mere teenagers. The Dom/sub dynamic of your story is very interesting. I guess you can say I have a healthy curiosity about this lifestyle. The exchange of power (or the perception of it) is extremely frightening to me (major control freak here) but I’m drawn into the descriptive imagery you have given each scene. The fine line between trust and terror is there that never fails to have me on the edge

Oh no! Story was missing a tag and they took it down!! :( Rest assured, I've fixed it as per the Admin's instructions and (HOPEFULLY) it will be back up soon.

MARGIERE! You found your way over! Hooray! I'm a control freak too, well outside the bedroom. It's a very freeing experience to give up control during a scene, and that was what I was trying to convey most of the time during their scenes. Well, to me. I've known since I was a young girl (maybe 11 or 12) that BDSM was for me. I never knew what it was called until years later, it was just something I knew. But, not everyone is like that. Some people can only achieve release in the right setting (In their role for example or even through pain) but I can without a scene... It's just not fulfilling. I usually describe it to my vanilla friends like this: There are 3 things that need to be satisfied for a fully satisfying orgasm.

1. Your body- duh, right? That's what actually orgasms, and you don't need a person necessarily to achieve it.

2. Your heart- I mean like your emotions, obviously that comes from loving the person you're with, harder and rarer for people not in a relationship.

3. Your mind- this is where knowing yourself and what you want comes in. The communications of those desires must be openly shared with your partner. Some people role-play (Being pirates or playing out a specific fantasy... or writing fanfiction...) others bring in toys, (Interestingly, these things fall under the umbrella of BDSM, but a vanilla-ish side of it) and there are all kinds of things people do to satisfy their #3. For me, in order to be fulfilled it's through Dom/sub.

This is all my theory. (Puffs out chest proudly) But I think it's accurate.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bdsmfaq is a great way to begin larning a lot about the BDSM lifestyle. The mods of that site are amazing at handing out info and directing you to various places which help the understanding of the topic. I encourage you to check it out if you're still looking for new info. Hell, even if you're not. Still worth a look over ;)

And, no epilogue. My brain (read muse) has decided to let this one go and not give inspiration for a new one yet. Although, I was floating in the pool on the Fourth and daydreamed about Draco coming to save me... Might be a story coming about that. Never know... :-D

OMG... so I noticed you had a forum for story and was coming here to gush even more about how I just power read it lol and the first thing I read is about my story and you've even promoted it in your own space.

I have no clue who you are in the world but can I just say you are the best and that is the nicest thing you could have ever done for a new author:)

I really appreciate your amazing writing, your good team work (with being a supportive author to new authors) and the fact that you are doing your best to help me out!

Morning Snow, my name is Chantal and I am beyond honored that you are reading my story. I really truly hope to get to read more of your amazing work in the future and eventually be able to get as good as you are.

Thank you for being so damnned Wonderful!!!

Aww, you're too sweet. (blush) I guess... You're welcome. Haha! Seriously the sweetest things anyone ever said about me online is all that you just said.

Seriously, you are a good writer. Of course I would promote your story! It's a good one! Plus, the idea for me coming to the forum wasn't my idea, it was yours... I'm just giving you credit... No, wait that sounds like I'm belittling your praise... You are a good writer, and I don't consider myself to be a great one, personally. Damnit, still sounds belittling... &*%^#^(&*%$*))#* Sigh, I get so flustered with praise... Screw it. Thanks for the praise and you're welcome for the promoting of your story... that should work right? oh look you're on the chat thing...

I prefer to not give out my real name on the interwebs, so forgive me for not responding in kind to your introduction. It's a privacy thing, you understand, I hope.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.