Click Here!

Sluts And Fools

Guest Zyx

All I see when I look around is sluts and fools. Is there anyone out there who knows what I'm talking about? Anyone surrounded by girls who've forgotten what romance means; Surrounded by men who've forgotten what honour is, what it means to have pride. And these are things I can't simply ignore. It cuts me deep inside to see the most beautiful girls sell their body or simply give it away. It saddens me to see men take these men plunder for no reason other than simply to plunder. These girls are their own rapists and these men are not worth life. Not much to do in times like these, when there's too many people and not enough space. But still I feel it could be so much better. Because it's come to the point where rape is no big deal and murder can't be justified. You may not understand what's wrong with the fact that "murder can't be justified" and maybe that's just me but I'll try to explain. There's used to be things worth your life: Your honour, your love... Things that were worth your life ten times over. But in this world these things are truly lost... And life has become the only thing of value. You cling to it and if you're like me: you hope for better times. You cling to it and if you're a slut or maybe a fool: rape and pillage all around.

I know the feeling.... I sit and wonder what this world is coming to on a daily basis. I'm starting to think that I'm the only person on the face of the planet with old fasioned views about sex. Everyone is digging themselves into a hole and using booze, drugs, and sex to forget about how much they've screwed themselves. And when they're actually sober they blame everyone else for their misery.

I live at an all girl's college where everyone seems to think that there is no such thing as obsession or stalking and if you don't have a boyfriend you're either a, and I quote 'dyke' or some sort of freak. Last year one of my classes had to talk about rape in a story and we got off on a tangent. One girl said that women should stop 'whining' and be 'better sports' and that it was no wonder so many girls didn't have boyfriends cause they were so uptight. Ugh. So, I can understand about 'sluts and fools'. Nothing in this world is black and white and, unfortunately, there is no easy solution to life's problems and no one seems to want to take the time to fix things. If it has an easy answer, there all over it, even if that answer is not what is best for everyone else.

Guest Savaial

I take a more fatalistic view. I don't think a thing has changed about humanity, just that there's more people and quicker communication for us to discuss it.

I grew up in the 70's. We didn't have quick communication via email and cell phones, but the news always picked up the most sensationalistic information to spread to the public. That is what sells, sadly. Your average person will be more interested in tragedy than triumph. Look at the magazines in the checkout lines. Brangelina shit just abounds. We pay more attention to celebrity scandal than to the real problems in society.

And I blame everyone for this, but mostly I blame the way we distract ourselves from our own pain. We get mired down in trying to make ends meet, in trying to keep our families together, in just making it day by day. (lack of money root of all evil, lol) We don't have the energy to address the real problems, to get involved in dirty politics, to think about the war, blah blah blah. So we just focus on the most immediate problems, continue to label people for our own convenience, and lament the way the world is changing.

It hasn't changed. There are just more of us to point fingers at and quicker communication for the pointing to occur. I think that's the bleakest outlook of them all. We are all sluts and fools.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't hope for better times :lol:

Times are always the same... Humans don't change, in general. There is always a need for love and acceptance in us, as well as greed and weakness... That's the way it is.

I guess all I can do is to accept the fact that world is not perfect and try not to blend in with the background. It's difficult but worth fighting for :(

I can completely agree with the idea of "Sluts and Fools" as well as the fact that all of this starts at youth.

I taught a summer math course last summer as a favor for an old friend. The students were about 9-10th graders so they were about 14-15 years old. Now, in the program the rules clearly states that they must dress in an appropriate manner.

They must have not read that rules.

The girls wore tight pants and shirts that looked more like napkins = Sluts

The boys wore do-rags and hats and pants hanging off their asses = Fools

All the girls talked about was how they were going to meet their "man" or "boo" after the program was over and what they were going to do with them AKA sex. Same went for the guys in addition to checking out the girls in the class.

Now mind you, I'm not old fashioned at all. I'm in the 18-23 range but this was way too much to handle. One day for about half the class time, around 35 minutes, I didn't teach. Instead I gave them a bit of a reality check, telling them they shouldn't be dressing like this their age or even having sex and that by acting like this they were disrespecting themselves.

Canterro makes a good point. Humans don't change. If they do, the process takes an extremely long time. The next day some of the students were still dressing like the day before but then again, there were some students who actually listened to me.

Edited by Psybee

The girls wore tight pants and shirts that looked more like napkins = Sluts

Yeah! I always wanted to be a slut! :blush:

You know, I may not run around naked (my prefered state in my own home) or wear stuff that's so skimpy it's pointles to wear clothes, but I do like a fair bit of exposure. :D

@savaial: Well, you're probably right though I'd rather think the past was better...

And @therestofyou: People may never change but the reason they don't is people thinking people'll never change.

• 1 month later...
I can completely agree with the idea of "Sluts and Fools" as well as the fact that all of this starts at youth.

The boys wore do-rags and hats and pants hanging off their asses = Fools

I'm in my mid twenties and I do indeed wear baggy pants but there's a reason for that. The State of Colorado and my local sheriff's department trust my judgment when it comes to carrying a concealed weapon and I exercise my right every day. Can't walk around in Dockers with a gun in my waistband, it would be pretty obvious. As for being a fool, I'm far from it.

Now, in regards to the topic of this rant the same complaint comes from every generation:

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on

frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond

words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and

respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise

[disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BCE).

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers." (Socrates as related by Plato, ca. 4th century BCE)

People have been having sex at that age since the beginning of time so I find it hard to believe that these kids are somehow cheapening themselves. We make the arbitrary distinction that people under the age of 18 are minors and are therefore incapable of reasoned thought, but that is only a recent phenomenon.

As for honor, what code do you refer to? Knights in the employ of a feudal lord who held to a code of chivalry as directed by the church were little more then legitimized brigands. Might made right and they did whatever they wanted (murder, rape, pillage, etc.), especially if their opponent was of a lower class, different religion or a foreigner. Were there honorable people? Sure. But were the before times of the long long ago really any different then now? Not really. Hollywood and pop culture have simply sanitized the past and made it seem as though the world was populated by better men then us.

Look at the 1950's. We have the images of mom at home making apple pies, dad working hard to bring home the bread, sissy innocuously daydreaming about holding hands with that dreamy boy on the football team, and junior industriously working on that next merit badge. Where did that come from? Leave it to Beaver and all those black and white reruns on Nick at Night. But what was it really like? Minorities were oppressed, religion was forced down your throat, anything that was different was evil, and people that didn't fit into society's perfect mould suffered in silence or were publicly attacked.

So stop with the cynicism, it’s all so cliché.

I believe that there are sluts and fools, but i believe that they have been there since mankind took its first bipedial steps. People say, 'this is the worst time to raise a kid', but that's bullshit. It's ALWAYS the worst time! Every generation has a war, clothing problems, sex problems, drug problems, life is like a never ending circle. Life will always suck, but it will also be wonderful if you let it. I agree that there are sluts and fools, but I try not to let that drag me down. This world is always going to have apathetic youth and parents who just don't understand. It's like little kids that say they will never be like their parents when they grow up, but sooner or later, they do grow up and a lot of them turn out exactly like their parents.

I'm one of the lucky few that can honestly say I'm nothing like my parents. I look at my mother everyday, and shake my head and walk away. My mother is a fool. She thinks dating guys 6 at a time will find her a rich guy to marry. She also thinks I don't know what she's doing. I wasn't aware I had stupid tattooed on my forehead. I would've thought I would notice that seeing as how much it hurt when I got my dagger tattoo.

It goes way deeper than sluts and fools, my friend. Just ask yourself why there are so many at this time in our history, try to find the reasons. Or not. It just opens a whole can of worms that sully your view of humanity and reality just by association.

I'm in my mid twenties and I do indeed wear baggy pants but there's a reason for that. The State of Colorado and my local sheriff's department trust my judgment when it comes to carrying a concealed weapon and I exercise my right every day. Can't walk around in Dockers with a gun in my waistband, it would be pretty obvious. As for being a fool, I'm far from it.

Now, in regards to the topic of this rant the same complaint comes from every generation:

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on

frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond

words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and

respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise

[disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BCE).

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers." (Socrates as related by Plato, ca. 4th century BCE)

People have been having sex at that age since the beginning of time so I find it hard to believe that these kids are somehow cheapening themselves. We make the arbitrary distinction that people under the age of 18 are minors and are therefore incapable of reasoned thought, but that is only a recent phenomenon.

As for honor, what code do you refer to? Knights in the employ of a feudal lord who held to a code of chivalry as directed by the church were little more then legitimized brigands. Might made right and they did whatever they wanted (murder, rape, pillage, etc.), especially if their opponent was of a lower class, different religion or a foreigner. Were there honorable people? Sure. But were the before times of the long long ago really any different then now? Not really. Hollywood and pop culture have simply sanitized the past and made it seem as though the world was populated by better men then us.

Look at the 1950's. We have the images of mom at home making apple pies, dad working hard to bring home the bread, sissy innocuously daydreaming about holding hands with that dreamy boy on the football team, and junior industriously working on that next merit badge. Where did that come from? Leave it to Beaver and all those black and white reruns on Nick at Night. But what was it really like? Minorities were oppressed, religion was forced down your throat, anything that was different was evil, and people that didn't fit into society's perfect mould suffered in silence or were publicly attacked.

So stop with the cynicism, it’s all so cliché.

I absolutely agree 100%

You do realize you're saying you're completely content with the way it is right? If there's even one little thing you're not happy with, you should do something about it. We're not the cynics, you are.

You do realize you're saying you're completely content with the way it is right? If there's even one little thing you're not happy with, you should do something about it. We're not the cynics, you are.

What is there to be discontent about? Everything you railed against is just a normal fact of life that every successive generation has dealt with. It only seems new and alarming to you b/c you haven’t seen it before. I think humanity has had a pretty decent run. Are there problems? Absolutely, but until we have genetic and behavioral conditioning that grooms people for specific life long tasks Brave New World style, there's always going to be kids who come off as "sluts and fools."

I'm on both sides, actually. There is a difference between cynicism and apathy. You can be too whiny and you can just not care about anything anymore. Some things need to change, yes, but you have to draw the line between what realistically can be changed and what cannot be. What we have been discussing is a personality difference in people, something you cannot change. And the reason there are so many sluts and fools? Its not because we live in a society that breeds more of these people than before. We live in a society where these people can behave that way in public without shame. There have always been people like this, we're just more aware of it now. Yes, I do have a very nihilistic view of humanity, which shouldn't surprise people because I'm a nature freak. That is not to say that I think that all of humanity is a waste of space, but realistically, as a species, we don't serve much of a positive purpose. To those of you out there trying to do what you can to make the world better for the environment and you're fellow humans, I tip my imaginary hat to you. But, percentage wise, you're in the minority. There a lot of people out there that just don't care about helping people (just look at Dennis leary). Being apathetic and irresponsible has become as much of a trend as being a bad ass. My younger cousin (he's only a year younger, holy shit!) thinks that its 'cool' that he doesn't have a job and just sits around and smokes weed all day. No honey, you'd be a lot cooler if you got off your ass and actually did something with your life instead of wasting your mother's money on food and utility. Nowadays, when you talk about the environment and trying to make things better for people who are homeless and poor, you get called a hippy or a bleeding heart. Since when did it become 'weak' to want to help people?? I guess my disillusionment with the supposed 'good' of humanity started with my very abusive uncle. I quickly learned as a child that 'there's a good in all of us', 'no person is born evil', and 'everything has a purpose,' these ideas are all lies. But that doesn't mean that everything's hopless, it just means that we shouldn't be surprised that their are people out there that make us want to scream and beat their heads into the wall. It has nothing to do with our generation or time period, we're just more aware of their presence then previous generations. I'm just glad my grandparents are dead so I don't have to hear them say 'well, in my day!' Well, grandpa, in your day people got lynched and none of the lynchers were caught. Why? Because put a person in a crowd, and they'll do unspeakable things. Racism isn't dead, its in hiding and in certain towns, people get congradulated gay bashing. It's not totally our fault, as mammals, we're predisposed for violence and psychology to do these crimes.