Click Here!

Sigh.

DarkInuLord

Don't you just hate when you read a really great story, JUST what you've been looking for, but then all of the sudden, out of nowhere, it starts turning into a completely different pairing, with lemons, that make you stop reading?

I was in the process of reading Shrine Prostitute, an Inuyasha/Kagome, a few weeks back. It started off great, I loved it, but then out of nowhere (Even though I kind of expected it) it turned into Kagome/Kouga.

Now, no offense to fans of that pairing, but I just can't stand it. I had to (Yes, had to.) stop reading a great story, just because of that.

Now, I visit certain sections of the site to read certain pairings, and when people don't at least put somewhere in the description that it's going to change pairings half way through, it sort of puts me in a bad mood.

Okay! Some of you might be wondering why I'm making this thread, weeks after reading this. (By the way, it's not a direct attack at this story, I actually recommend it if you can stand Kouga/Kagome.) Well it was recently updated, and since I don't have the greatest memory, I was like "Oh! A new chapter, maybe I should start reading it again!" Well, I remembered why I stopped, once I started again.

So... Yeah, just a little rant, I suppose it's in hopes that people who read this will start to put warnings on stories in certain sections. (I think General is sorta a free for all, so it doesn't count.) It's like when people don't add on tags, like M-Preg, or rape, or um..... Well, there's a few more, but yeah, you get my point.

Ha! I read that same story awhile ago...I think I probably stopped right around the same place you did with a sort of what-the-hell feeling. I was actually pumped about it, too, because it really is well written and interesting.

If even your story is in the General section, please, please, PLEASE put the pairings. If there's not room in the summary for it, at the very least put it in the first chapter (preferably the beginning so I don't get caught mid-story going, "NOO!!).

• 3 months later...

Okay! Some of you might be wondering why I'm making this thread, weeks after reading this. (By the way, it's not a direct attack at this story, I actually recommend it if you can stand Kouga/Kagome.) Well it was recently updated, and since I don't have the greatest memory, I was like "Oh! A new chapter, maybe I should start reading it again!" Well, I remembered why I stopped, once I started again.

I do agree that it's important to thoroughly tag a story, but I don't think you should give up on it if you like it, because you can't stomach the pairing. I'm glad to tell you that the relationship doesn't last long; in fact, on her second night she realizes it's like having sex with Souta and she abruptly calls it off. Yay. rolleyes.gif

Here's the chapter right after the last Kouga-sex bit, if you're still interested in it.

http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?n...8&chapter=8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can completely understand what you mean... IT's about as bad as Kagome's tendency towards Stockholm syndrome in Naraku/Kagome pairings. I am not saying all those stories are like that but I mean come on. You are not going to fall in love with someone who has killed people and royally fucked up your life; not to mention if she was raped, it simply does not make sense to me.

I know its fiction and fan-based, but lets try for some realism in these stories??? even if its ooc, you have to keep a character, well in character.

• 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.