Click Here!

Review Replies and Discussion for The Forever Game

Jade Tatsu

Chapter 8 Replies:

Dragonclaw74 – thank you for the review. I’m not entirely sure how you came up with Goa’uld but congrats for thinking outside the square. Unfortunately though, nope, not a Goa’uld.

unneeded – thank you for the review. Harry isn’t immortal yet, but he will be in time. Other questions answered via email!

savannah19742001 – thank you for the review.

Selera – thank you for the review. I’ll accept any reason for posting and while Nephilim is a good guess, I’m sorry but it’s not correct. I hope you continue to enjoy.

Me – thank you for the review. Updates are every three days. And sorry to say not a shape shifter demon.

Maiyanna – thank you for the review. Dumbledore PRETENDS to be reborn because he’s immortal but it isn’t actually happening. So no a phoenix is not the right guess but it’s a good thought.

Mitch – thank you for the review. I didn’t actually say Dumbledore was the same, only that Voldemort suspected it at this point in time. So I am sorry to say not a demon.

varaivolf – thank you for the review. And sorry to say, not a basilisk hybrid. Read the clue at the end of this chapter carefully though.

Miri Daray – thank you for the review. Unfortunately not a King Cobra either. :D I’m going to be so dead when this comes out.

Blue waterlily – thank you for the review. Your reasoning is good but not a manticore. Sorry,

Mao374 – thank you for the review. Demon got guessed in this round of guesses but sorry to say, not a demon.

Replies to Reviews on Chapter 8

We have a WINNER! Two actually! Congratulations to chineseartist and Blaze Lupin!

Anon – thank you for the review. Sorry though not a demigod. It is an obvious choice but not the right one here.

Wednesdayfaye – thank you for the review. Sorry, not a dhampir either.

unneeded – thank you for the review. And yes typos I know. No beta’s at this point but me and I was in a hurry. Voldey can’t see Lily’s allure but he also can’t see what Snape sees in her either. He figures that eventually Snape would have given up on Lily but he didn’t. Ronnikin’s as a snitch seemed the most likely :D Neville will be suitably powerful but what happens will be shown in due course. Let’s just say they went with something different for Neville as the Saviour and now that they know that Voldemort is still alive, the Saviour will have to do his thing again. Hopefully people aren’t kicking themselves too hard now since people did get the creature right this time :D Thanks again.

Ayla – thank you for the review. And sorry no, not a demigod

Graham – thank you for the review. No, no he’s not a demigod. :D He’s something else which fits in those criteria

Chris7100 – thank you for the review. I completely understand your concerns and hope you can stick with it until chapter’s 11 to 15 when we really get into plot.

All I can say is with the opening notes in chapter 1 that explains that when I sat down to write this I wanted more smut, less plot and while the plot lines were created secondarily, I do and have taken them seriously. The little bits that have been revealed all build towards one thing and then new events will come into play. I’m not really sure how I could have made the pacing any faster so if you would expand that comment a bit I’d be really interested in hearing ideas. Not so much for this fic but for next time.

I’ve covered about 15 years in the chapters and the events that are shown, especially in this chapter help to show that the war was still being raged. Voldemort was still a player so life wasn’t completely idyllic. Though there is also the possibility that you feel the pacing is slow because I’m in the part of the fic I call ‘Courting’. This goes over Harry’s childhood and lasts until he’s about 17. The ‘real time’ or the sex bits of the chapter are actually set in the next part of the fic, named Consolidation which is when Voldemort was suring up his power. The last bit of the fic which hasn’t been mentioned yet is Companion where Harry is becoming the co-ruler.

So yes, perhaps that also explains it, because we are in the courting phase, the flash backs are focusing on the parts and events of childhood, showing how Harry helped Voldemort win, but also showing how the Dark Lord acted to court and seduce his mate. I hope you do stick with it because even if the plot came as a secondary to the initial chapters, I worked hard to build it logically so that the future events and the takeover of the wizarding world was not just something that happened by ‘magic’ but was instead the culmination of a long plan.

Thanks again.

chineseartist– thank you for the review. And congratulations! Cambion it is! I emailed you chapters :D

she-who-waits-in-darkness – thank you for the review. Sorry not a draken.

Blaze Lupin– thank you for the review. And yes! Yes he is a cambion! I don’t know an email addy for you though!

djaddict– thank you for the review. Voldey has magic and a sticking charm to ensure lack of breakage :P

Vanya– thank you for the review. And yes, someone guessed Goa’uld which I thought was quite out of the box and original! And not a Demigod.

And now for those going ‘what cambion?’ let me explain and point out the hints that should have been ignored. The tongue seems to have confused people but this is the context - Chapter 5 - letting his own long snake like tongue wrap around it. There were certain things he could do because he had altered his human form and licking every inch of Harry’s dick all at once was one of them. That tongue isn’t natural! It’s what he altered on his human form.

Hints that helped as the two I pointed out last chapter and the various comments about how beautiful he is, including one in this chapter :D

What is a cambion? Reply stolen from Wikipedia :D

A cambion is most often depicted as the offspring of an incubus and a human woman. At birth, the infant has no pulse and no breath. This continues until the child is about seven years old, where it becomes increasingly difficult to differentiate one from a human. A cambion is usually devilishly cunning and angelically beautiful, able to persuade even the most strong-hearted individual to do his or her bidding.” If that last sentence isn’t Voldemort before that fateful Halloween, I don’t know what is!

Merlin is said to have been a cambion so not all of them are necessarily evil. There’s two descriptions of how they are created, one requiring a human mother, the other saying they are simply the offspring between incubus and succubus. For the purposes of this fic, I’ve gone with the human mother method.

To the people who guessed Incubus… yeah…. So close but yet soooo far! :D

Please don’t kill me.

Back to fic: http://hp.adultfanfi...hp?no=600096366

Review Replies to Chapter 9

Brenee thank you for the review. Yeah it wasn’t too hard to figure out who the Death Eaters were but I figured I’d ask to see if anyone was awake! So cookies for you! And it’s no problem sharing this fic so I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Kybuubichild717 – thank you for the review. And yep those are the four who got dead! So cookies for you! In this fic, Sev won’t be remembered that much. I’m not really that fond of the man to be honest but I thought I’d at least give him an honourable death. Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy the fic.

Unneeded – thank you for the review. Though you always bring up details! :D this fic I decided not to worry about details so much and so some of the things you are asking about just haven’t and won’t be dealt with at all. In Weapon I have a passion to tie up all the loose ends, not so much in this one. But I hope it all still makes sense.

Riddle Sr. wasn’t Voldemort’s father in my version. The Incubus looked like him but it wasn’t him and all that. The actual details of conception aren’t that important to me to be honest. When I read the description I just thought it was perfect for him.

PDA’s are strictly bedroom things for the moment though as time goes on, they will become slightly more demonstrative outside of the bedroom. Certainly Harry’s entire family will know he has a great sex life :D But that I think is only caution speaking. If you were Voldey would you let the world know you had a lover when that lover is still in school and thus not very skilled? … skilled in self-defence that is… I know I wouldn’t so you won’t be seeing anything greatly public for a little while. But remember I haven’t even gotten them out of the bedroom yet in ‘current fic’ time. :D

Severus is one of those details I don’t really care much about to be honest. He dies an honourable death, gets a brat named after him and that’s that. So I really didn’t think about the book or an Heir or anything like that.

It’s a bit of both as to why Harry doesn’t feel anything for them. In the wizarding world they see a lot of things and some fairly brutal that I think in some ways they are very desensitised in the end. But Harry also has, as you pointed out a bit of the Dark Lord in him which would help separating him from any bad emotions. Bell Bell and her Boys and Couch survived the first wave of execution because they were loyal. They were probably loyal enough to appear to go along with it but yeah in the end the truth will out.

Thanks again for the review that is always so wonderfully thought out.

Miri Daray – thank you for the review. Bellatrix and the LeStrange Brother’s yes! So three quarters of a cookie for you but not Lucius. Barty Couch Jn. So hehe, I get to eat the quarter cookie! YUMMY!

Archon – thank you for the review. I’m not sure which chapter you were reviewing but Voldemort was already correctly guessed to be a cambion. So related to an incubus but not actually an incubus. Thanks for the review.

Foxfyre99 – thank you for the review. Cookies for you! And I hope you continue to enjoy this fic. Though if you are waiting for a big finish on Weapon that’s going to take a little while. Fic time in Weapon we are only approaching December and I said a year at some stage so that means June/July needs to be reached fic time. I’m happy that you are enjoying though and thanks again.

All the cookies belong to me! :D Thank you to everyone who reviewed

Return to fic: http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600096366

Review replies for Chapter 10

Savannah19742001 – thank you for the review. The next few chapters are more story than smut but hopefully people will enjoy them.

Jan– thank you for the review. This fic gets updated every 3 days so I hope that is fast enough for you!

Unneeded – thank you for the review. Not preview, just bonus stuff that I couldn’t fit in with the normal chapter. There’s a few more of them in later chapters. They were meant to go in as flash backs – most of them but they just didn’t work out that way. One or two of them are from someone else’s POV so they really didn’t fit.

Voldey isn’t going to do anything about the wand. Harry will but you will have to wait to find out exactly what he does to Neville for the wand… and to Dumbledore :D

Yeah that scene at Madam Malkins (spelling) is just too good to give up so Draco go to repeat it, except Harry isn’t the Boy-Who-Lived this time but instead the eldest son of the Leader of the largest single block in the Wizengamot. And given that they haven’t been at war for the last 10 years, and the Malfoy’s are political animals, Draco really knows he screwed up.

You lost me with Silver to be honest and his friends at Hogwarts aren’t really a focus. You’ll see why soon enough though if you read the chapter first you may have already seen. Harry does go to Hogwarts just not the entire time :D By the time I was writing this, I was wanting to get into the future so didn’t want to waste time on Harry’s schooling.

Thanks again though and you will unfortunately just have to wait to find out what happens to which individuals for this fic :D

Miri Daray– thank you for the review. Oh well! Lucius will appear later :D and for some reason I always think of the LeStranges and Crouch Jn as being fairly closely linked. The cookie bit was yummy!

disgruntledfairy– thank you for the review. I’m really happy to see that you liked the bonus stuff. I meant to get it in as a flashback somewhere but it just didn’t work so rather than just delete it I figured I’d put it in for people to enjoy. :) I hope you like the next couple of chapters. They have very little smex in them but instead deal with the Wizengamot and then more of the past before we move on to the future. And I’ve still got to get a few tags on the fic out! :D

Thank you to everyone who reviewed

Review replies for chapter 11

Annabelsmith - thank you for the review. Nice catch by the way but it’s part of the plot. Harry starts off going to Hogwarts but then events transpire that mean he is pulled out of Hogwarts and home schooled. I considered having him go to BeauBaxtons or Dumstrang but I decided home schooling would be better and would promote a much closer family life. Hopefully the next two chapters will clear up for you what happened and how it is that Harry and his siblings became home schooled. I think I mentioned it somewhere else but Harry’s education is not the focus of this fic. The relationship and the conquering of the world is :) Thanks again

Miri Daray – thank you for the review! And I’ve said it to lots of people but updates for this fic are every 3 days and that will continue for the foreseeable future :D

Thank you to everyone who reviewed and or rated

Review replies to chapter 12

Djaddict – thank you for the review. More little tidbits will be coming! :D

Savannah19742001 – thank you for the review. Yep, I am. Chapter 13 covers what the Dark Lord does to Harry’s Parents and also covers what had been done to them in the first place. Though I’m not sure if you will read this comment before or after you read chapter 13 :) Either way yes, things are explained… or at least most things should be explained. Thanks again.

Jan – thank you for the review. Updated now so I hope that is soon enough!

Unneeded – thank you for the review. The little bit of extras will keep coming. I think I had four of five of them and they help explain a few points.

Now you will need chapter 14 to really see what happened at Hogwarts but yes, Harry did go, and yes his siblings did go but then something happened. You will begin to see the start of it in this chapter, when James and Lily meet the Dark Lord but the real story comes next chapter. Really though what do you do if your child has been given a Love Potion at school? So if you still have questions after chapter 14, I’ll answer them then :D

Your answers to Harry’s parents are found in chapter 13. I’ve tried to make them sort of realistic. They live in a world where there is black and white and a whole lot more gray so yes, Voldemort is evil, but there are other sources of evil and they just have to live in the world as best they can.

As for who was doping Harry and all that, chapter 14 deals with that :D Sorry, I’d say more but I don’t really want to spoil too much what will happen. Who it was, and all the rest isn’t really that important. Dumbledore may or may not have known about it and may have decided to do something about it. But over all, it’s a trigger for something else.

As always thank you for the review.

Thank you to everyone who reviewed and or rated

Review Replies for Chapter 13

Imsandi – Thank you for the review. I’m glad that you are enjoying this fic and hope you continue to enjoy it.

Varaivolf – thank you for the review. LOL, you wouldn’t have guessed Cambion? Don’t worry, not many people did and to be honest, I didn’t want many people guessing. The whole point was because I thought Cambion sounded perfect for Voldemort. Anyway please continue to enjoy.

Snapelust – thank you for the review. Are there many fics in this style? I’m not the most prolific reader so I’m not sure. There is more smut coming, just not for a few chapters. Chapters 17-20 have smut in them which I think you will like but the sex scenes from then on become a bit shorter than the opening one.

Okay I admit it, that was to drag peoples in :P But hopefully the fic will explain most of the loose ends before we are through. But I know there are a few that didn’t get explained because they weren’t important. Cheers again and I hope you continue to enjoy.

Unneeded – thank you for the review. Yeah I know a smut free chapter. There’s a few more to come but I figured it would be a nice respite and that people deserved to see how Voldemort managed to deal with the Wizengamot.

Yeah, James is pretty smart but that may not be seen as well. I figured the Potters had to be okay given that they were targeted both by the Order of the Phoenix and Voldemort in cannon. And no, Dumbledore doesn’t really know what hits him :) which is fun so I am looking forward to that as well.

Peter died a fairly good death. He contributes more to Voldemort and Harry’s happiness than most other people so that’s something :D He might not think that. Yeah, a cambion for Dumbledore but it will hopefully make a bit more sense later when a few other things come out. I wanted something to be noticeable so him being immortal made sense.

Thank you as always for reviewing :)

Savannah19742001 – thank you for the review! Hopefully the next few chapters in the Wizengamot will be interesting.

She-who-waits-in-darkness – Thank you for the review. What do people usually leave out? I mean I know I haven’t tied up all the loose ends in this one and I probably won’t but the important things should be explained, hence I’m curious now!

Disgruntledfairy – thank you for the review. As I’ve said previously hopefully I get most of the big things explained. I know there are a few small things that aren’t explained but shrug. I didn’t want to have to tie up everything this time. I’m glad you are still enjoying the fic.

Delia cerrano – thank you for the review :D There are quite a few more chapters.

In case anyone is wondering, there are 38 chapters for The Forever Game. ;-) And from here on they are a mix of smut and plot. The tags I used on this fic are all accurate but we haven’t gotten to some of them yet. I think the next one is Rape and Major Character Death but the real question is who gets raped because I almost guarantee, it’s not who you think.

Thank you to everyone who reviewed

Review replies to chapter 14

Thank you to everyone who reviewed. You are the greatest.

Snapelust – Thank you for the review. I’m glad you are enjoying the fic and the method of telling it. I’ll let you in on a little secret; I went for this method because it’s shorter! Can you imagine how long this would have been if I’d have decided to go straight narrative? I compulsively put in all sides, so we’d have another Weapon length fic! Shudder! But even so I’m glad it’s making sense. There are still a few flash backs but the end of the fic is completely in ‘current time’. Cheers again.

Kyuubichild717 – Thank you for the review. I did giggle a bit when people were guessing Incubus, going mentally ‘so close, but yet so far’ but Voldey was always a cambion in this fic, even before I started. You can’t see the file names on my computer, but they are labelled cambion_01, etc etc. :)

With Harry’s siblings, we will get to them but I haven’t really done a chapter on what they think of it. Not specifically anyway. It’s more that some of them grew up knowing exactly where their brother was sleeping, and some of them had to get used to the idea. But the Potter’s have the Dark Lord around for ‘family dinner’ when they all gather, so they had the chance to get used to him. Or something like that anyway. So the reaction of Harry’s siblings is more implied than spelled out. You will see.

Thanks again.

Savannah19742001 – Thank you for the review. You know, I don’t think it’s ever said in cannon how ‘powerful’ the Potter’s were. We all just assume that because of the mounds of galleons they had to be fairly powerful but those galleons could have come from thankful donations once people realised that Voldemort was dead and wanted to express their thanks to the family. Still I like the idea of James having political clout and I’m glad you have as well.

unneeded – Thank you for the review. Will Harry’s siblings return to Hogwarts once Dumbledore is out of the way? Honestly, not specified in the fic and unimportant to the way it continues. Unlikely though since Harry has done so much better out of Hogwarts with private tuition and it would be far far safer for them not to be in Hogwarts once it is know who the mate of the Dark Lord is. At the current time, it’s not know but eventually it does get revealed and the wizarding world really doesn’t believe in mucking around, so home schooling is the best for protection.

Voldemort’s Lordship and the lack or actuality thereof comes up in chapter 15 and is properly dealt with. I hope you like the hair splitting I’ve indulged in for that chapter about Lordship and what the rules of the Ministry actually say :D

And you are correct, they don’t get rid of Dumbledore that easily but they will get rid of him. I’m not really interested in showing a long drawn out fic where they are fighting so it may seem easy but you will see what happens to Dumbledore… very soon actually :D

Cheers again.

Tinkerbabe7 – Thank you for the review. I’m glad you are enjoying and are liking the format. As I said previously to snapelust, the reason it’s written like this is in the interests of keeping it short but I also think that it works. So I’m happy other people are agreeing that it is working :) you shouldn’t have to wait too long to read more since I update every three days. Cheers again.

Miri Daray – Thank you for the review. It’s no problem with the chapters :D I’m glad people are enjoying. And good suggestion on Draco for not being the obvious choice but not him. The fic is very centralised on a couple of characters so it’s one of them. But don’t worry, you’ll find out in Chapter 16 or 17. :) Thanks again.

Thanks again to everyone who reviewed. I really am grateful.

Review Replies to Chapter 15

Savannah19742001thank you for the review. I’m glad that you liked political savvy James and the complications he makes for Dumbledore. Dumbledore didn’t like it, but meh, that’s not the point. I hope you continue to enjoy.

Unneeded thank you for the review. Hogwarts does understand. What no one pointed out is that dinner time, early November would be dark outside. So a cloud racing across the sun is a no go. I wrote the bit, then thought about it then went meh, it sounds better this way, and it’s the effect not what really happened.

And no, you made no sense. :P But thanks for the sentiment :D Remus is mentioned somewhere later I mean. Most of the ‘big’ characters get a mention so you know what happened to them but some of them are only mentioned so fast that if you blink you will miss it. Oh well.

As I already emailed you, yes Dumbledore knows the real prophecy. He’s the one who planted the fake prophecy anyway. As to why he’s soooooo stuck on following the fake one, that will have to wait a little bit. It is considered and answered but not for a while. Dumbledore was so central to the resistance against Voldemort that no one really had much time to consider why he was resisting, just that he was. And the true prophecy isn’t well known, just the fake one that makes Neville into the saviour. All I can say at the moment as to why Dumbledore follows the fake prophecy, is that he truly believes Neville to be the prophecy child.

Well with this time skip you won’t be seeing much how things have changed. At least, not for a few chapters… :D Remember the purpose for this fic? We’ve had 3-5 chapters without that purpose, I was feeling deprived :P

Billthank you for the review. And to answer your question, yes, you will see Harry becoming immortal, and Dumbledore checking out off this mortal coil but you will also see what happens after that. In my mind, so many fics end with Voldey and Harry ‘winning’ over Dumbledore. Well I wanted to consider what they did next, so that has been written in. Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy. :)

Thank you to everyone who Reviewed. Please continue to enjoy the fic.

Edited by Jade Tatsu

Review Replies to Chapter 16

Jan - thank you for the review. While I like encouragement to update faster, every three days I think is going to be the fastest I update and since I’m pretty regular about that, I think it’s okay. Thanks again ;)

Miri Daraythank you for the review. I know, with Dumbledore. What can I say? The author may be on V/H side, but doesn’t mean that the author is not going to angst them a bit first. :tongue2: Though I have kept that to a minimum. Thanks for the review.

Unneededthank you for the review, though I hope the site works better for you now. :think: Yeah, yeah, poor Harry and no artificial insemination. That’s why I put in these words “it had to be taken in the moment that all self was lost,” so sorry he doesn’t get off that easy. Yes, he’s stuck with the memory but he did reserve the right to an obliviate so Harry may just use that but Voldey will have some more plans shortly to make Harry forget. :shifty:

As for what happens to Neville, that will be revealed in time. For the moment he’s good hanging on the wall dripping blood everywhere. It’s not really Neville’s fault that things turned out the way he did and in many ways Neville is the victim of circumstance. Voldey made him the Prophecy Child when he pretended then the wizarding world blew the whole thing out of proportion so yeah, Neville isn’t necessarily the bad guy here. But we will see if that’s enough to save him. ^_^

Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy.

Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed. Feedback is always appreciated.

PS guess who found the emoticons? :whistle:

Edited by Jade Tatsu

Review Replies to Chapter 17

Savannah19742001 – thank you for the review. I’m sorry, I know it was evil but I had particular lengths I wanted each chapter to be approximately and the word count was up. Well not quite but that was the right place to leave it. Anyway the next chapter is now here! ^_^

SnapelustThank you for the review. That is not the worst cliffie ever… Chapter 18 is the worst cliffie ever… or maybe 19. :P Enjoy!

Unneeded – thank you for the review. I see you are having the same trouble as me had. I couldn’t remember for the life of me what my password was with the reset after the down time. Oh well! Thank you for diverting the legion of angry readers :) Unfortunately for Harry though, he’d better keep remembering stuff ‘cos things just keep getting worse.

Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed. You guys are the greatest. :mademyday:

I don't have to be the only one writing here, people are allowed to post in this thread and you might even find that I reply.... :safetocomeout:

Review Replies for Chapter 18

Savannah19742001 – thank you for the review. Harry will be fine :D He has a big strong Dark Lord to comfort him after all and the ritual is almost over.

Unneeded – thank you for the review. Still having problems with the login? Sigh, it’s annoying isn’t it. Harry has ‘collecting ingredients for a potion’ firmly in his mind to try to make it easier, and of course, it helps that Voldey was so attentive during their first time which gives him a nice memory to retreat into.

Neville and Dumbledore still have an important role to play and they will do so in due course. Thanks again.

Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed. You guys are the greatest. :mademyday:

Review replies to Chapter 19

savannah19742001 - Thank you for the review. Yeah, sorry, just a little break because I'm getting tired posting every three days. I didn't think it would or even could be that much work! it is! When we come back to the fic, Voldey gets to deal with Dumbledore! :D So that's something to look forward to. Thanks again.

Unneeded - Thank you for the review. Weapon should have been updated on Friday but my beta suggested some largish changes to the chapter and I haven't been able to concentrate on it lately.

Dumbles doesn't die just yet. But you will see him die in Fic time in the next few chapters. I wanted Dumbledore and Harry to have a brief conversation first so that's what has to happen when we re-open with the fic. Though Albus hasn't lost his magic, he might as well, since Voldemort blocked it. So he still has it, he just can't use it. Voldey needed Dumbledore alive - for a short time - but he also didn't need him fighting, so he took the appropriate steps. Of course, there is the question you raised earlier to also answer - why did Dumbledore so blindly follow the false prophecy?

Hope you are doing well and thanks again.

:beer: Thank you for reviewing, you are the greatest.

For everyone lurking :lurk: and reading the thread :safetocomeout: feel free to come out of hiding :D

Edited by Jade Tatsu

unneeded --> :hug: <-- me

:worship:

Someone replied! Now we need a few more people for a good gossip :gossip:

Though honey, you know you can actually ... borrow the emoticons... They are just like regular images, so right click and save image as and bingo, image on your computer :ph34r: I said nothing. :whistle:

And yes... going for gratutious emoticon useage :D

Edited by Jade Tatsu

Review replies to chapter 20

Thank you to everyone for reviewing.

Imsandi – thank you for the review. Hopefully I haven’t been away too long :D And I hope you enjoy as we go into newish territory.

Djaddict – thank you for the review. I hope you didn’t have to pretend too much on the patience and that this didn’t stress the pretending too much. Hopefully you’ll continue to enjoy as we travel into the territory when Harry can be considered the equal of the Dark Lord.

Unneeded – thank you for the review. Yes Harry has some good memories to retreat into but he sent off Voldemort because he really didn’t want Voldey to see him as he goes through the pain. Plus the Death Eater’s really do need someone to mind them all the time. And Harry knows that, and the new chapter will show this.

Thank you to everyone who reviewed, I hope you continue to enjoy

Review replies to Chapter 21

Thank you to everyone for reviewing.

Miri Daray – Thank you for the review and please continue to enjoy.

Unneeded – thank you for the review And yep Harry cares for Voldey but we will get to see soon how much Voldey cares for Harry, just not in the conventional way. After Dumbledore dies… And yes, I think I proved with this fic that I really don’t like Lucius that much… but he’s one of the most recognisable Death Eaters so he’s easy to use in events! Another wizard who has a surprise coming for him.

Thank you to everyone who reviewed, I hope you continue to enjoy

Review replies to chapter 22

Savannah19742001 – Thank you for the review. I decided I needed to have Dumbledore and Harry have at least a short chat before he checks out. Though what happens to Neville will be revealed in good time. I think people might be surprised how lenient it is but I think it was just. Now the thing with power exchange is that unless you have some way or measuring magical power, you can never be sure if it’s real or imagined :D Thanks again

Miri Daray – Thank you for the review and sorry Dumbles will check out shortly. I wanted some smex first!

Unneeded – Thank you for the review. Yes, Harry has to do the killing for the ritual so that no one can take Dumbledore’s immortality from him. Voldey decided that the DE’s should see it because he does reward his followers occasionally and they’ve been good so far… most of them anyway.

Dumbledore will die shortly and you will get the answer to the question you asked a while back :D As for what happens to Neville, that will also come in good time, though as I said to savannah, I think people may be surprised. Thanks again.

Thank you to everyone who read and rated and reviewed.

Review replies for Chapter 23

Thank you to everyone who reviews and rated. :wub:

Snapelust – Thank you for the review! Before you go seeking out your own Dark Lord, you really need to check the reality of the situation first. If you find yourself in an alternateish type world, go for it, otherwise, I gotta warn you, Dark Lord’s bite! :bite: Thanks again. :D

Savannahn19742001 – Thank you for the review! I’m glad you are liking how Harry and Voldemort interact… given that it’s about the only interaction in this fic! Cheers again :cheers: and I hope you continue to like.

Miri Daray – thank you for the review. Dumbledore’s death is in chapter 24 so I hope that you like it. It’s really pretty simple but I thought that suited the events and hopefully you will agree. Thanks for reviewing. :)

Unneeded – thank you for the review. Hey! :whistle: It’s not my fault that Voldey is a horny old wizard! Otherwise we would have killed Dumbledore last chapter…. And yeah, sorry, Dumbledore’s death isn’t that protracted… Protracting it just gives him time to escape so better ot get it over and done with. Besides, by this stage he’s lived with Voldemort as the Minister for about 5-6 years so he’s been put through agony for a good long while. Don’t worry though, he dies this coming chapter. Thank you for the review and I hope you continue to enjoy but! At the time the email notification of your review came through – weren’t you meant to be asleep? You have a lot of explaining to do!

Review replies for chapter 24

Thank you to everyone who reviewed - :wub:

Unneeded – thank you for the review. To answer your questions in order, here goes! Yes, the blood thing was needed though I think it probably upset a few peoples. I said earlier that the ritual began and ended with blood so Harry has to get that. He was actually thinking about that in the previous chapter but I don’t think anyone picked it up. He offered it to Voldey, knowing the answer would be no as a kind of gesture to show that no matter who he is, he is still loyal to the Dark Lord. That gesture was for the Death Eater’s benefit. :P;)

The purpose of the display was to kill Dumbledore and to show the Death Eater’s Harry ‘properly’ but not yet to tell them who. Voldemort isn’t going to reveal Harry until he is properly immortal and right at the moment he has only the potential, not the actuality. So the Death Eaters, saw a robed and hooded figure, who is not a Death Eater but who their Lord replies upon. They had seen Harry before but most of them thought he was a Death Eater then, now they are being introduced to the fact that he could be something else. ^_^ They will have approximately two days to get used to the idea. :whistle:

Lily doesn’t have a job. Running the Potter Household is job enough, especially with all the children she and James have had. She does have some qualifications, Charms because that’s canon and Potion levels because they are needed in the household but apart from that she doesn’t work for a wage. She is married to one of the biggest Politician’s so has duties there to attend as his wife as well. I don’t see this as a weakness or unintelligent, just a different way for Lily to have lived her life.

And yes :yes: , at 3am you are meant to be asleep! :hug:

Thank you for the review, and I hope you continue to enjoy.

mihoshi05 - Thank you for the review. :errm: I must admit I never really thought of that but I’ll have a look at it for the future. Cheers and I hope you continue to enjoy. :wiz:

Review Replies for Chapter 26

Savannah19742001 – thank you for the review. Lucius will cause some trouble but he’s forgetting what he’s dealing with. The wizarding world hasn’t had large families for a while so poor Lucius doesn’t realise exactly what that’s going to mean. Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy.

Unneeded – thank you for the review. No V doesn’t bottom very often but for Harry occasionally he does. Though the rest of the fic is a bit biased but that’s because I touch on the high points and the points that Harry is going to need comfort.

I don’t hate Lucius as much as it seems, but he is one of the more recognisable Death Eaters and such a good character to use to secretly oppose the Dark Lord… and in my case probably fail. Voldemort has a soft spot for Harry but only for Harry so while he has a purpose for James, Harry is one of the reason James isn’t dead but shrug, you do what you have to.

Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy.

Review replies to chapter 27

Savannah1974201 – Thank you for the review. Yes, Dumbledore made the mistake. He knew that he had one of two mates and he assumed that because Neville was also the same species he was, that it was Neville who was his mate. He didn’t even consider Harry because Harry was mortal, which is a bit silly if you stop and think about it. Why would an immortal need to take someone else’s immortality? But then Dumbledore never was one for clear thinking. Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy.

She-who-waits-in-darkness – thank you for the review. What Harry’s idea for Neville is will come out shortly. But I thought it was appropriate since really everything that happened wasn’t his fault.

Unneeded – thank you for the review. Dumbledore always knew that Frank wasn’t Neville’s father, so he could have held that over Neville in any number of ways. Not to mention the blackmail opportunities against Alice. But Dumbledore was considered a great man, the Leader of the Light, so they would have been happy to have him show attention for their son, because he was known as the boy who defeated Voldemort… even if we know that Voldie staged the entire thing. The papers aren’t getting the story. Voldey doesn’t care and he is the Minister now with no opposition.

Yes, Voldey gets distracted but I think it’s reasonable. He found out that Neville was immortal, and he is immortal. If you had a destined mate, wouldn’t it be easier to have someone who was already immortal who could then help you build the future. Yes, he’d put all that time into Harry, which was why he wasn’t going to abandon Harry without making sure and he thought that Harry didn’t notice… But he did. Oh well, things all worked out in the end. Thanks again.

Inkwave – thank you for the review. The actual amount of the time jump is right at the end, when Voldemort wishes Harry Happy Birthday – for this one hundredth birthday, so the time jump is just a smidge under 80 years. Hope that makes it clearer and thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses to Chapter 30

She-who-waits-in-Darkness - Thank you for the review. Send me some baked goods! :D I think I was a little frustrated. I know people are reading, but it seems that no one is replying. Now that can be frustrating for authors but I’m guessing that for some parts of the world they are very busy at the moment.

I don’t read a lot of other fics so I’m only vaguely familiar with that one. And a fight with some of the American Wizard’s is coming up, though it probably won’t be what people expect and that should be clear when people remember that plot took a back seat.

Thanks again

Snow – Thank you for the review The flash back’s cover years but the amount of time that goes passed in the ‘present’ is rather small, no matter which present time we are in. But that was the best way to write this and I admit I was experimenting. Thanks again and I hope you continue to enjoy.

Unneeded - thank you for the review – the answer thread is still there but sometimes, when I can I email the replies. Don’t worry hon, you are still on the email list anyway!

Voldy always said he wanted to rule so that’s all he’s doing with the collection of countries. Plus with Harry modulating his more violent plans into something more tolerable, he’s not considered a bad leader. What happens exactly with Muggle Infrastructure is coming up… since some of it is essential for life and is beneficial for wizards as well. Though no, with the countries they are taking over for the moment, they are only ruling the Magicals. No point in showing themselves to the Muggles. If I was a magical conquerer, I’d follow an example of ‘world domination’ I saw elsewhere in a non HP world but the principle is the same. I’d conquer all the magical world, then I have forces in place to conqueror the non magical world in one day. Simultaneous attacks, on a global scale, no country ignored, and no country able to help another because they are too busy themselves. That is what I would do.

Neville got another chance at life but even if he and Nagini have hatchlings, they don’t have any chance of immortality. Neville is a Halfling anyway, there’s a chance he is sterile but let’s assume the transfiguration to a serpent fixed that possibility and we have him being a serpent alone, I still don’t believe any children would be immortal or be able to be immortal. Long lived, yes, immortal no.

I needed something for them to do without all the bubbling and goodness that was Dumbledore. So those two work together and they like money hence the Mafia seemed like a reasonable role for them. As part of pranking they would have had to keep track of everyone so that they knew when and where they could place spells. So yes, they might have opened that Joke Shop, but it would be their legitimate business side to cover their more illegal activities.

Harry and Voldemort have been especially careful with gathering countries, at least for the moment. They don’t yet want open warfare.

In answer to your emailed question – even if one of Harry’s Brothers or Sisters marries into another countries Hierarchy, that doesn’t stop them. There is a run down of conquered countries somewhere and that includes a few where a brother or sister was married to the leader. In those cases, it just made it easier to tailor the plans

Thanks again for the review! I hope you like the next chapter as much as those that have gone previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses to Chapter 33

Deylyn – Thank you for the review. As for Hungary – opps? That’s definitely an opps, probably left over from when I was experimenting with the order that I wanted each country to fall in. Oh well… Thanks again and nice pick up!

Unneeded – Thank you for the review. On Harry’s siblings, those who married into countries that were becoming part of the Empire, helped the transition. For those who are married in countries that aren’t yet a part of the Empire, yes, there is some antagonism but they usually have their spouse so wrapped around their finger that it’s hardly worth mentioning and some of them aren’t married to people with grand titles.

Voldemort doesn’t have a dim view of MB’s anymore, so long as they have magic, he’s fine. Just with Hermione, she had developed some very useful and very powerful charms and thus knows what the counter charms are. Powerful charms are more powerful if you are the only person who knows it so it was security, not hatred, that drove his desire to remove Hermione. Hence his agreement when Harry gives his word. And yes, Hermione is the Head of all the Unspeakables, while Leilani is the Research Head.

Snape didn’t invent Wolfsbane potion, but even before that werewolves were kept under control. But just because Harry and Voldemort own the magical community is no reason for the other magicals to go insane. They realise that they would be hunted by the humans if they showed up so their Statues of Secrecy still apply.

Yes, Leilani and Celandine don’t have listed partners. Calla does. I didn’t want Celandine to have one because I wanted to show that she was still too close to her Brother to bother and with Leilani… I think I just didn’t want to reveal what she was up to at that point when I was writing. Oh well.

Have you ever known American’s to keep their noses out of things? :P

The poor Magimerican isn’t going to die… just yet, though he might wish that he had. Still he will serve a purpose and for that he should be thankful.

Thank you for the review and I hope you continue to enjoy. I also trust you have been well lately.

Guest unneeded

i'm a bit stiff and a bit sore but hey, i start swimming again tomorrow and we've booked in for my first attempt at a market stall so that will be exciting. ma's been sorting stuff into more readily accessible forms. I'll probably only take a bit with me the first time. we'll see how i go. on the downside, my final rat is being put down today. he's very cancer lumpy and can barely get his body over the rim of the food dish. This will mean i'm down to a cat as a pet and i'll rather miss having a rustling presence in my room... even if i'm not up to changing the cages anymore. >>

jewellery continues as usual and i've been studying up on techniques and sharing the links i found with the lady who runs the class. we're building like a portfolio of ideas and tutes for anyone in the class to use. ^^

Well, that's all from this end.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.