Click Here!

Help! I'm Burning Out On My Most Popular Fic

Roxotaku

My story, "Can't Get Enough" has been my most popular to date and my muse has moved on to other fics. I know how it is going to end but I just can't get there! And I am afraid of posting a lame chap because I don't want to disappoint my readers. Need advice on what to do in this situation. Any veteran InuYasha fic writers got any ideas on what to do? Or do I just wait for my muse to come back to this story again? I really want to finish it! sad.gif

My story, "Can't Get Enough" has been my most popular to date and my muse has moved on to other fics. I know how it is going to end but I just can't get there! And I am afraid of posting a lame chap because I don't want to disappoint my readers. Need advice on what to do in this situation. Any veteran InuYasha fic writers got any ideas on what to do? Or do I just wait for my muse to come back to this story again? I really want to finish it! sad.gif

Then finish it! I don't write InuYasha, but I do write FFVII and I am so freakin' burnt out on writing it, I don't know what to do with it. I made the mistake of waiting for my muse to come back, and now the story doesn't feel like me anymore. Like the person who wrote it is a totally different soul.

My advice: If it is your most popular fic, then chances are your readers are gonna like the new chapter (I'm sure some will bitch though, there's always someone out there who doesn't like what you wrote) but write because YOU want to write! Write because you know how it ends and knowing how it ends is better the floundering and going from one story to another.

Perhaps you wanted to write because you wanted to see this story become real and not running around in your head, always remember: it is your story, and if it feels good to you, and right to you, the chances are that it will be a decent chapter!

I don't write this fandom, but I suggest rereading your own story as if you were simply a reader rather than the author. Maybe even read it online rather than from your own files (assuming you aren't composing directly into the text box.) That may spark your muse. It does mine sometimes.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.