Click Here!

Shiloe review replies

Sablesilverrain

Guest Sablesilverrain

unneeded: I totally agree that Harry is going to be glad to be rid of Trelawney (as am I, can't stand her), and probably glad that Sirius is living with him so he doesn't have to worry but I doubt he'll find the rest of the changes as easy to handle. And I may have been wrong on the veritaserum, but if I am, let's just pretend that never happened. After all, J.K. Rowling was ommitting and adding days in GoF, and it didn't coincide with the real '94 calendar year AT ALL. So, I should be allowed to mess with canon, since canon disregards reality in quite a few cases, LOL. And as for the rest, I added a little note at the bottom of the review responses. All Shiloe have access to latent powers, since they are stored within the core and Shiloe are pure magic, so they are able to harness every last vestige of power in the body. If Shi wanted to, he could put ALL of his magic into a spell, including that which enables Harry to live longer than a muggle, which is passive magic Harry can't ever access himself. He would never do that, though, because then he would drop dead, literally, and he knows it.

SilverLion: I have several ideas for fics, so I really shouldn't adopt any, but I will see if I can come up with anything, and maybe I will adopt it. Also, I will add in some Cedry action soon, I promise. I'm just trying toget some other things dealt with, and I promise I will get that scene worked in as soon as I can. OK? Be patient for... Two more chapters? I can add it in as soon as I finish the scene I'm in the middle of. Is that soon enough?

kittyfiction2008: LOL, I'm glad you like her. I couldn't resist that, I remembered how she offered to "share her stall" in CoS, and I HAD to make her offer Shi the same, LOL. They could have little ghostly babies! (Eww!)

tkykitty: Thank you very much!

hope: Hey, Shiloe's big on manners. Not his fault. And besides, Hermione was only trying to help keep Shiloe at the table. She fought so hard to get him to join them for meals, after all. And yes, now that Shiloe is forming his Pack, Ron will have a bigger part in the fic, as will Hermione.

*****This has been mentioned more than once, so I am going to try and clear this up now: Shiloe are active for a full month or two the first time they become active. Then, they have short bursts of activity, usually not lasting more than one or two days, and they are usually able to feel when they will be active and when they will go dormant shortly before it happens, although not always. Thank you all, and I hope this clears up a few things.*****

unneeded: Goddess, NO, there wouldn't be any sex at six (the youngest age a Shiloe can Manifest)! *giggle* I may be sick in the head, but even I have my limits! Blood Feedings would be used until the Shiloe made the first sexual advances toward their anchors, which would usually happen around thirteen or fourteen, once puberty is fully underway. Until then, the Shiloe would react violently to any overtly sexual attentions, since instinct would force them to reject anything thier bodies were not prepared for. I know the month seems long, but we are almost done. Just give Shi one last chapter after this one, and Harry will be back, OK? And Dumbledore can't give the Dursleys to Shiloe since they are in custody awaiting their change into Harry's personal house-elves. *evil chuckle* Since Harry passed on some of his memories to Dumbledore to deliver, there is no trial for them. And yes, Harry is still going to be friendly with Dumbledore. *manic giggling* Severus totally SHOULD "pull the plug," so to speak, LOL. But no, it's not him.

ChaosLady: Two more Shi chapters, just to tie up a few things, then Harry will be back. I promise, I have it written already, just need to post the chapters I have and you'll get your Harry back.

hotflower901: I'm sorry you feel that way. I've never thought of my writing as being particularly dark, but I suppose this is quite different from my usual fare. And, again, Shiloe is based on Rayne, Rayne can be a dick at times (especially to me), so I guess this is a little darker than most of my fics have been, but if you can keep with it, things will be getting better soon. I think...

unneeded: I'm glad it's just the wait making it seem longer. One more chapter of Shi (this one is nice and long) and then Harry will be back in action. Yeah, the Horcrux is still there, and I have an interesting idea on how to get rid of it. Hmm... Ok, this will be cool. *snicker* Anyways, yeah, he still has to seal he bonds with Bill, Charlie and Remus and then form and seal the bond with Krum. He'll get to watch an anchor bond form. If there is sexual abuse, there is a different creature, and maybe someday I will create it and write a fic for it, LOL. (Maybe it's called Eolihs... Or not.) Yeah, usually letting someone get hit with a blast of accidental magic is enough to stop the abuse, but that only works if the magic is allowed to lash out. Suppressing it causes it to overthrow the Host in order to preserve the Host's life (which is why Shi was so snarky at first). If a child that is too young to defend itself is abused, their magic will form a "protector" Shiloe. These types start out like older siblings, much kinder to their Host than the you-held-me-back-I-had-no-choice variety, like Shi. Anchors are allowed to boink anchors. Beyond that, Shiloe are homicidally jealous. They will let their anchors pursue other Pack members once they are Mated for life, but even then if an anchor wants to pursue a relationship, Shiloe has to meet the person and come to trust them first, unless the anchor decides to sever the anchor bond. If they do this before Shiloe forms permanent Mating bonds, the Shiloe will die. (Not to mention Shi will try to win back their anchor any way they can before they go.) Heart bonds are unlimited, and can be formed throughout life and severed without consequences should Shiloe be betrayed by a Pack member. If a Pack member is hurt, Shiloe will be pissed, but not harmed. If an anchor dies of disease, Shiloe will die shortly before their anchor passes. The other anchors will survive, and will usually come together stronger than before in their mourning. I love the reviews that make me think like this one did. You just gave me at least two ideas for later on.

kittyfiction2008: Hahaha! No demos, but there is a nice long description, LOL. Shi is so shameless.

• 1 month later...

ChaosLady: I'm glad you approve of the Animagus form. There are a few more as yet undiscovered, they will pop up in time.

unneeded: Yeah, Most of the time I don't plan either, but this one has some ideas in store still.

Well, the ones that are "strong" (read: arsehole-ish) enough to get by without help are pretty much prevented by thier demeanor from letting their magic take a will of its own.

Once the mating bonds are in place (when the Host reaches adulthood), the mates are pretty much guaranteed to be so deeply in love with Shi that they'd never leave him (or her) willingly. That's why only a few of the anchors are made permanent mates.

Heart bonds can grow stronger, but they can also be broken without too much pain for Shi.

Seff I actually yoinked from "Jaded" on hpfandom. It was the name for Harry's animagus wolf, and it means "wolf" in Hebrew.

Since Seff is a sub, he will be Moony's beta, yes. Heehee, so many Gryffindors, Sev will LOVE it. *evil giggle*

Harry is allowed to love/marry whomever he likes, BUT Shi has to meet and learn to tolerate, if not like, his chosen lover, first, since he will be spending a lot of time with them. He will also help raise the children Harry has, if any. So he needs to approve, but he will let Harry have as much choice as possible.

(Don't worry about the length. If you have more, keep 'em coming, I don't mind.)

SilverLion: LOL, I don't think Harry will experiment, but you never know. If he does, it would most likely be with Neville. Or maybe Blaise. Someone he feels most comfortable with.

kittyfiction2008: I have the Werewolf!sex written (on paper), so as soon as I can think of a suitable title (maybe "Shiloe: Just the two of us" or "Shiloe: Private moments") I will type it up and get it on here.

nekluvshp: I looked at some of the clips, and I think that's a pretty good approximation. I always just hear Rayne's voice, since that's who he is modeled after, but the two are actually similar. Scarily so, as a matter of fact. And now that I've seen some of the clips, that game is looking like something I want to play, LOL. And thanks, I try to keep new stuff in my fics, so they don't get lost in the throng of similar stories out there.

tkykitty: Thank you very much! ^_^

hotflower901: Ah, don't we all? A wicked Shiloe is the best kind, IMHO. And there will be Werewolf smut soon for Seff, but it will be in a side story that might end up totally non-linear. *shrug* It happens.

Morbid_and_Sexy: Thank you. Glad you liked it.

• 1 month later...

ChaosLady: Thank you. And don't worry, Harry will have his own Significant Other (don't want to give it away just yet), so he won't be sharing any lovers with Shiloe, unless it's for experimentation. I think that should make you happy, yeah?

Green_eyed_lover: Thanks. The title was good, but I do hope to have some Harry interactions in there, too, if I can manage any, so it wasn't totally IDEAL, per se.

I do plan to read your story fully, but it needs to be when I have the time and patience for it. Probably when my son starts head start in September would be the best bet for me to get all the way through it.

pucks: LOL. There are more chapters than just that, so it doesn't quite work, but it's cute.

Morbid_and_Sexy: Why, thank you! I'm glad you like it that much!

SilverLion: I know, I've been reading RotD, and that's where the idea stemmed from. It's also a good way to keep "Shiloe" relatively Beastiality-free for those sensitive readers, and still push my squick limits at the same time. Mostly, though, it's an excuse to have little interactions of the Pack that don't really have a place in the fic, and maybe add some past scenes that don't quite fit in the story. I will see about your smexy foursome, okay? ^_^

kitty: Cute idea, but sadly, not quite what I was looking for, for reasons stated above. I'm glad you're liking the story, though. That's always wonderful to hear!

hotflower901: Well, yes, but Shiloe and Harry are still getting used to each other. It's not the easiest process.

LOL. Gods, the Baha Men. That was one of my favorite songs when I was... Much younger. Thirteen, maybe? I don't even remember.

unneeded: Uuhmm, where to start...

Well, when Shi takes over, it's pretty much that same as with DID/MPD--He loses the memories when he's back in the "Driver's Seat," so to speak.

Shi did help with 'Imperio,' but Harry would have fought it himself (eventually).

Yes, Shi knows when he's taking over, so he's prepared, but for Harry, it's kind of like a time-warp and leaves him a bit discombobulated for a few moments. I've gotten rather familiar with the feeling, and trust me, suddenly being in my room at night when the last thing I remember is fixing my son lunch is SO BIZARRE!

I feel that Harry has a right to use Slytherin tactics, such as manipulation, every once in a while. Whatever works, right?

ssingley: Thank you!

Saphire Phoenix: Charlie will be an anchor, he just hasn't made it on-screen yet, is all. But remember what the first task is. *giggle* He'll be there soon.

I hoped it would be original enough to be interesting, and I'm happy my mental issues proved to finally be of use, LOL.

And I totally agree about Dumbledore. I think he's stupid, but I don't really hate him for it. He's only human, and that means he's not infallible.

ChaosLady: Indeed. Even I don't know if he'll be cured at all, yet. It's still under consideration.

SP777: Harry will be getting to know them, slowly, since Shiloe is so protective, but he will have his own girl OR boyfriend. I won't say more than that yet, because that would be telling. Besides, he's only fourteen, he can take things slow in finding love, right?

And yes, he will be taking on more of a role in the story, I just have to get to the parts that I need him for, is all. Shiloe needed to be established and have his views and temperament explained, and now, we get to the real story. ^_^ You'll see both of them frequently, no worries.

SilverLion: You'll see a lot of Luna in this story. *giggle*

And I hadn't thought of the twins, but now... You have a good point, and I can see a way for this all to work out now. Hmm... I owe you a thank-you for giving me a wonderful burst of inspiration!

• 1 month later...

tkykitty: I dunno if he'll ever kiss Draco. Maybe, but I don't think so. It's fully possible, though, with the way my mind thinks.

Huntresss: I'm sorry you feel that way, as this is a fic you kind of have to bear with for a while before things get better. If you stick with it, things will be looking up soon. And yes, Rowena is a bit of a bitch, but that's her teaching style.

unneeded: Shi likes Mione because he's realized that, though she's a know-it-all, she's a KIND and LOYAL friend to Harry, and Shiloe really respects that. Yes, Harry does seem a bit of the dumb twin, but there are a few things that Shiloe will be pants at, more info on that later in the fic. Any children with the anchors will be known to the world as the other parent's child foremost, and yes, they will be considered illegitimate in THAT way, but as far as family life goes, they will all be treated equally (once Harry gets used to the idea of having a kid around, he'll love them). Draco knows about the curse, but it only affects life span if they are reckless once the damage has progressed far enough.

Lily: Thank you!

BlackCatHikari: Thank you! I was hoping that Neville's building confidence was going well, I'm trying to make it gradual enough to be believable, and I think my Neville is going to shock some people if one of my future scenes I have in mind pans out well. ^_^ I try to keep the fic humorous, since laughing through a fic is one of my favorite ways to read (and write).

kitty: Ahem, I'm not going to say anything about that except get out of my head, please. What with the alters and the muses and the plot bunnies, it crowded enough already, lol. No giving big plot points away before I'm ready! And I'm glad you like Luna, I'm trying to build her character and make her likeable enough to fit in when she finds her place in the hierarchy of Harry's very strange new "family."

Joanna: That's already been written, so it is coming up within the next five chapters, no longer. I think it's done well.

ChaosLady: Oh, wait until Neville opens up more and Harry finds out about the others. Good times coming up!

• 1 year later...

IT LIVES!!!!!!!! Finally, lol. And now, for review replies:

WolfPup5683: Dork. You don't have to review. Just call me or text me. It's faster.

Sera21: I'm not so sure about that. I had a boyfriend who was a virgin, and he just couldn't manage to come easily his first time; It ended up lasting almost three hours. So, it's possible, just not very probable. But, I didn't have the heart to leave anyone unsatisfied. So yes, not the most realistic first time, I'll admit, but it's just going to have to stay that way. And thank you, I was a bit iffy about that note; Some people get weird when I bring up my mental issues. I can't really help that I'm a bit damaged, and I knew that stating it like that was a bit of a risk. I'm glad someone commented on it, and better yet that it was a positive response.

Fushigithedruid: Why, thank you! I plan to finish it this time, and I'm finally in a stable environment where I have internet access that isn't at the mercy of my (rather limited) checkbook (or lack thereof). It's finally past the second task, and I'll be posting several chapters a day, or close to every day, until I've got all I have so far posted. Then, updates will inevitably slow, but they shouldn't be too terribly far apart for at least the near future.

Rocmom: Oops, forgot one! Yes, this is a repost, and pretty soon it will be back to where it was, and then some. It was down for quite some time. It's also up to chapter 30 on hpfandom right now, but this will be the only site that has the companion fic, "Shiloe: Just the Two of Us," and "Shiloe, From Brutal Beginnings," the (admittely short) textbook I wrote to accompany this. They'll be up... Soon-ish. As will the rest of the fic.

Sera21: Well, in my defense, the real friction between them comes a bit later. LOL, I know, the tite doesn't really fit, but I didn't want to bother renaming it, so it stands. Maybe I'll change it later. Or maybe I'll redo the chapter, we'll see. I'm glad you liked the sex scene, I try to write it well, but I'm never sure how well I actually did. There's a few in here I'm not proud of, but oh,well. I'll fix them when I'm having a mania, I'm sure. My alters have never really gotten me into trouble, although that may change. I have woken up in places I didn't recognize, those were the scariest experiences of my LIFE, but it hasn't happened in years, thankfully. Hope you continue to enjoy the fic!

Isa: Your english isn't too bad. At least I understood what you meant. Hope you continue to enjoythe story!

milapink: Shiloe loves his anchors, yes. He trusts that fate wouldn't assign him anchors that would be bad for him, so he lets himself feel for them without reservation. Hope you like the new chapters!

Sera21: I know, I know. Think of it like this: They're special MAGICAL cock rings, OK? LOL. I feel if you have a way to improve on a good thing, why not go for it? And about the smut getting better... Well, you may not think so after this chapter. I may rewrite the smut scene, if enough people would rather I do so. As it is, I'D rather I do so, so it'll probably happen, regardless of what others say.

Norische: I'm glad you like it so much! Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside! ^_^ I hope you continue to enjoy it!

• 1 month later...

UniciaScout: Thank you. Every little review helps keep me sane. Well, as sane as I get, LOL.

Mick: I'm glad you like Shiloe, haha. There's someone over on HPFanfdom who delights in telling me that they hate Shiloe, and he should be locked away all the time, and the story should center on Harry, and Harry only. I haven't quite decided if I'm being trolled or what. I told this person that if they feel that way, they don't have to read it, but yet they persist. -.- Whatever.

angel: I'm glad. I was seriously wondering for a while there.

Katie Poppy: Last I checked, I believe there are two more. The last one will show up right before the Third Task, and doesn't get a chance to do more than seal the bond before this story ends, so I AM planning for a sequel. And who knows, Harry just might end up doing a bit more with Neville.

n: Charlie is going to show back up soon, but he's about ready to head back to Romania (after visiting with family, of course). No worries, he'll see Shiloe right before he heads back.

Kat: I'm glad you like Luna. I was a bit nervous adding her, as this is primarily a slash fic, but responses have been mostly positive on that front.

Rosealynne: For now it's a wait and see. I'm thinking Harry might be willing, but a lot of it would hinge on Luna and whether she gave him the go-ahead. But the possibility is there. (Cause I love Nev. He's TOO CUTE!)

Jupi: Thank you for reviewing. I'm glad you like it. I aim to please, after all!

• 3 weeks later...

Anon: Glad you liked it!

enlyasuregon: I'm glad you think so. I tried to come up with something orginal, and for the first time, my mental issues have actually worked for me, in helping me find a good premise to work with. And voila! We have Shiloe. It's great stress relief for when I'm feeling that I can't escape my problems any other way, and have to wrm out, and I'm thrilled that other people are enjoying it so much!

Anon: Glad you liked it. And yes, shadow-walking is a much more pleasant way to travel than Floo or portkey, and won't have any negative associations in Harry's mind.

WolfPup5683: Trust me, you don't.

RealmTender: Thank you. I happen to love Luna, so I had to have her in this story, and I think they make an adorable couple. I'm glad to hear you know about DID already, because, as I said, this is my way of raising awareness. I'm trying to let people know that it can take its toll on the people that have it, but it also isn't ALL bad. There are pros and cons to everything.

Kat: I agree with your review entirely! And yes, I do aim to make Draco and Harry friends, but the going is slow.

WolfPup5683: Yeah, yeah, I'm working up to that, be patient.

Anon: Yes, well, I've finished Shiloe and started working on the sequel, so I'm a little excited to get them all out. The chapter I most enjoyed writing is this next one: Truth or Dare.

Kat: Yes, the many faces of Shiloe, LOL.

WolfPup5683: Well, if you ever figure it out, let me know. I happen to really like that chapter. *pout*

Anon: Well, he IS Snape. I assume he can hold his own. To some extent, at least.

steve: Well, Shiloe doesn't really see it that way. He sees someone hurting his host and goes a bit ballistic as a result. He can't really contain his anger at that point very well, and it shows. I don't mean to bash Ron, but he really had no reason to push Harry away like that. At least, not in Shiloe's view.

• 4 months later...

Anon: It is sad, but I had the idea of a sexually abused counterpart to the Shiloe in my head from the first, I was just waiting for the perfect time to slip that info in. It had to be done.

Kat: I'm glad you like it! I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Georgie: So do I, LOL. Lucius will back soon, and both Luc and Severus will play big roles in the story, as Shiloe is really going to need their help with the war effort in the coming chapters.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.