Click Here!

Birthdate Verifier

Guest DarkAvenger

I don't believe we're using that anymore, to be honest.

I believe that verifier only shows up for first-time visitors, people who've just cleared their browsers, or people that are using a browser for the first time. I get people asking about it rather often, actually.

It's legally binding enough to be a great defense in a court of law, if a parent of a minor were to find their child on the site and drag us in front of a judge. It was only implemented for that purpose, too. I don't think I can go out and sue anyone over it myself... unless you've got lots of money... -sniffs people for cash- :)

T'was an old idea to help protect the site from underagers, and is one that is likely to soon be revisited, at any rate. Do not :)!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this verifier is to stop all the prudes to try and get rid of it.. and the people that shouldn't be here. I did for the first few times put in my bday but after that it got really annoying and just randomly did it

Hmmm do Over 18 cards have a resigstration number on them? That or a drivers license, seeing as some people may not have a over 18 card.

Problem though with that is that it can be viewed as a privacy violation and is aganist the US' internet privacy laws. Unless theres like some sort of disclaimer or legal thing when you sign the thing with your number it could open to lawsuits if that number was used some how.

It would be a privacy violation, to be sure, to ask for that. I think the fact that the verifier is up, and that the site and its owner are doing what they are supposed to about under 18 access is what is important here, and what actually counts in this for instance.