Click Here!

Rewording your summary . . .

Solaris

Have you ever realized that your original summary is now not even in line with what the story is?

I actually did with my InuYasha story The day love found me, I took the old summary and changed it to fit what the story really was about. Here is my updated summary. Summary: When things get bad they can get worse, a challenge issued may be a blessing or a curse, when a modern girl must face herself in a world and time so different from her own, will the chains from her past bind her or will she entangle herself in the moment?

So have you edited your summary or rewrote it to suit your story after you wrote on it for some time?

Beth

I've never had to do that before but I think I will with the story I'm currently working on. I only have one chapter posted so far but I just got done outlining the whole thing and now the summary totally doesn't fit. I guess this happened because I usually outline everything before I even start writing. Oh well, the one I wrote before was shitty anyway. B-)

• 3 weeks later...

Though I haven't had to do this with my story (yet) I have noticed other stories who's description doesn't fit. I'm hoping I dont have to re-write mine any time soon. I rather like it the way it is lol. Or maybe I'm just lazy? Who knows ^^

• 3 months later...

Yes. I just did this with my story. I don't know that it suits the story any better, but I was hoping it would garner more interest in the story. I thought that maybe people weren't viewing or even reviewing because they dislike the summary of the story vs. the story itself. Silly, I know, but I'm just trying to figure out why people aren't reviewing. Hence why I thought rewriting the summary might help. And yes, the more I think about it, I think it was a good thing to do, even if it doesn't garner any reviews. I also just don't want people thinking it's a Snapefic. Yes, he's a major character in my story, but it's really my OFC's story even though I will focus occasionally on other characters if the scene(s) require it.