Click Here!

Review Replies

Nerys Dax

- Actually, the out of phase spell was used before by Luna in Apprentice in an older chapter. Gellert identified it as such, but no matter, I have no problem with you using my shit. I just know there have been huge rows on fanfiction about similar situations. So, I only wanted to warn you. It's up to you to make a decision on what to do with it.

Oh for goodness sake. Yes. she did didn't she?! I had actually completely forgotten about that over the many months since I read it.

On the other hand quite a number of other fanfics have also used a concept of 'out of phase.' (I'm not sure and not in the mood to go and check just right now but I think Winterblume used it in connection with runic magic - which I have read since your use of it. There are a few others, the names and authors of which weren't important enough to me to favorite. Some even involve whole subphase or cross phase dimensions), as well as a number of movies and series (notably The Invisible Man, Doctor Who, xfiles and Fringe but there are many many other examples.) - in addition, my imagining of it is rather different than any of these - or Luna's/Voldie's use in your story and in fact since I watched season 2 of Fringe more recently than I read your Ch with Luna (and since i've read way..way..too much fanfic in a short period of time) its more likely that it was one (or in fact several) of the others that caused the idea to pop into my head.

So I'm going to go ahead and NOT attribute the idea of subdimensional layers to you personally. I hope you aren't offended. I don't believe you created the idea itself. It's a larger, more general idea that has been interpreted differently by many different authors/screenwriters.

In fact - it would be more likely the mass of material I've read in physics, parapsych and esoteria (e.g. ancient Hindu concepts that I recently had to study for a masters) that would place that and other related ideas close in my mind.

e.g. "The newest theory in physics is string, superstring, and M-theory. The new theories use extra dimensions of space beyond the three we are familiar with, but the 6 extra dimensions are not observable as they are ... curled up in a tiny space less than the Planck length. However, M-theory, an integration of string theories and beyond postulates extra extended dimensions like our familiar universe. The branes that compose a universe may come in multiples and interact with each other according to some theorists.

These strings can vibrate with different frequencies, and in so doing they create different types of particles. That's comparable to plucking a guitar to generate different notes. When physicists play the music of the cosmos, the faster a string vibrates, the more massive, or energetic, the particle created." http://www.astrosciences.info/Multiverse.html

But beyond that - there are some things I've written which I'm sure have been done before by someone or other - e.g. in PM Draco is a ferret animagus. Personally I have never read any stories in which he is - however I know there must be thousands. Actually I'm sure there are probably stories out there in which a character is able to manipulate raw magic. I don't remember any in particular but it's possible i've read one or two of them at some point. Its a rather primitive early fanfic'ers temptation to give their favorite character near invincible levels of power (and then of course they have to find a way to have them not immediately use it to rule the world - or not. I guess some do have them use it to rule the world.) I'm certain there are tens of thousands of stories in which Hermione or another character wakes up in captivity by Voldemort. I've even read a few of them. Not going to cite them. Didn't borrow from their work. Let's face it - It's a small potterverse and many ideas have occurred to a lot of different writers who have then gone on to express them in different ways.

If you can find the cage fic - I will joyfully read it (simply because I would love to read a fic about Hermione in a cage) - but I'm afraid I still won't attribute to it since I haven't read any fics involving LV and HG with Hermione in a cage before.

...Hm.. actually - since having had this discussion, I suppose I probably wouldn't read it now, cause then I'd only be tempting fate that someone might suggest that my own writing was derived from it (irrespective the differences in plot, characterisation, interpretation of concepts etc).

Fully agree with the Doctor Who comments.

Although the writing changed - I think there were moments in which Tennant would have carried off a moving emotionl moment. Matt was just.. unfortunately not capable of doing it effectively.

While it's great to get any new season of Doctor Who - I just found the new changes to be..disappointing, more than anything. I expected more. I really tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. I know you can never go back.

Perhaps it will improve with time.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I never meant to say my out of phase idea was original. I raised it because in your previous post you basically suggested I got it from you and I don't much appreciate that since you know I didn't read it because of Snape. I think I got it from watching way too much Star Trek and from reading Hawking's book, which is a real treat. I always find it amazing when someone that brilliant can explain things in a matter most people can grasp, because most professors are just lousy at simplifying their difficult theories.

And with all the fanfics around, there are bound to be similarities between fics. There are only so many plots out there. And I get the feeling you think I am attacking you about this, but I merely am responding to the concern you yourself raised over it. If you don't have any concerns and feel completely comfortable with the way you write your stories, then neither do I.

Yeah, well, Tennant also had some really emotional scripts to work with: Donna, Rose, the stuff with the Master and "The end of days" being the one that probably topped all of them. Seriously, I kept crying. I don't think they've ever before dragged out the death of a doctor like that before. It's almost like with Matt the writers wanted to start a new cheerfuller line... Maybe Moffat wanted to show how a regeneration took away the darkness?

And I do agree with you, I think Tennant or Eccleston would have pulled off more emotions in some scenes - with Matt, it's all jolly and good. I do like how he has this busy, ADD-like part of the doc nailed, but I am too not convinced about him pulling of the darker sides of the doc's personality. Hopefully, I will be wrong. *keeps fingers crossed* Playmobil design. *sniggers* Well, I can live with the Tardis changes, but the rest...

Oh, lala...Here I was, browsing AFF for what....the first time in two years and I just had to walk in the middle of a very unpleasant discussion.

First of all, I would like to proclaim I am no Gryff, that's for sure (SLYTHERIN!), so the reason I am willingly walking into this is Hufflepuffish...Or not..We'll see.

Anyway, I can honestly say that since Nerys does not respond normally to personal accusations and just plain attacts, then Serpie will have to meddle. For the greater good.

Dear Magentasouth,

You probably know me from FF, since I don't hang that often in AFF. You know that I am a nice person and I don't just bitch out of a sudden. I am, however, extremely pissed off at the moment. Nerys has been writing magnificent fanfics for as long as I have known her. If that person says that there are some VERY, very close similarities between Her fic and Yours, I would listen to that. I understand your comments about favorite fanfics having some sort of influence over your own writing. I, sometimes, have the same problem. But then, I DON'T write them down and try to put as many differences as possible between My fic and the one I liked.

I have to be honest- your comment, where you basically just walk over Nerys is a Big NO-NO. The autor tells you- Hey, you have similar shit, but I DON'T MIND. And you reply with the "I won't credit you with that, I won't acknowledge that, so fuck off". I looked through your fic and I was not the only one, and YES, the similarities, phraises and words are VERY close.

Nerys does not do Snape/Hermione or Lucius/Hermione, but I do. I must have read all normal Lumiones there, since I love this pairing.

And I find a lot of things in your fics that I have read before. I am not trying to accuse you of stealing other's ideas, I am trying to make you see the point that IF the author tells you THE EXACT facts that are shockingly similar, then YOU MUST LISTEN.

Nerys was the first to tell you of the problem that you, yourself, have brough up. Many authors just don't bother, or don't know. She cared and she explained her position to you. All you had to do was show respect. I have seen none. And I was not the only one, if you get my meaning.

If I see a great idea, or phrase in a fic that I like and I understand that were I to write my own fic down under the influence of the idea that I would somehow use that, I would either tell the author, OR, as Nerys told you, to at least make a small AN, giving credits to the said author.

I have no idea how I would react to the fact were someone to use Fate plus Death, Hamster, Parrot, Dumbles, or any other significant character or fact from my fic without at least giving me credits.

Nerys has been too Hufflepuffish in her reply to your comment, where you tell her to shove her credits into her arse. At least show some respect, uh?

We all get influenced by many great stories, but come on!

I read your and Nerys' replies and you contradict yourself on so many occasions! You state that you have read her fic, you obviously remember all the facts so possibly, re-red the fic and then you state, out of the blue, that "For goodness sake! It has been sooo long ago and it wasn't your idea from the beginning anyway"...So, what is it? Was it so long ago or not her idea at all?

I am pissed when my friend tries to be polite and respects others and in return gets brushed away as if she were some shit from outerspace.

I watch all kinds of shows too (Fringe, Doctor, Supernatural.....) and I get ideas from there too, but then, I do write it in AN...

It is not that hard to respect others, is it?

I know you only from your reviews of my own stories, and you seemed like a great person to me. Why would you be so twisted to Nerys when say you like her?

Anyway, I do hope you understand what I have been trying to tell you. Especially concerning the "Fuck it" attitude towards Nerys. Not good.

I feel like a Gryffpuff now...

I do hope you will understand that I am not bitching on you for the sake of just being a bitch; I am trying to tell you in another way what Nerys had tried before. She failed with her nice responce. I hope I won't.

For the greater goood and peace in our galaxy,

Darth Vader Serpie

Edited by Ssserpensssotia

Apprentice chapter 30

Review Reply to Morwen:

"I love your story!! The smuttiness is great and the plot is intriguing. Can't wait to see how it all works out!" - Thank you. I am glad you like it. I am planning to update in a sec.

Review Reply to DalekStar:

I am glad you enjoyed Bittersweet and are now enjoying this one. So, a converted Snapione fan? I'm honoured. Personally, that's not my ship at all, so I usually scare readers who love Snape away. *giggles* Thank you for your flattering review. And the update is here, as in now. LOL. I'll do my best to update soon again.

xx Nerys

Review reply to Ssserpensssotia:

FUCK I AM DRUNK from 2 glasses of Glög (hot wine)...Serp alreay suffered for disabling anon reviws on her cool livejournal...

dammit, its hard to write..Serpie wonders why...maybe cause I am drunk? O.O

hhehee...Serpie hugs her pillow (yesss, Serpie is lying on the bed while somehow typing with one hand all the while messing up the letters...) adn think about HOW THE FUCK she'll go to sleep tomorrow int he morning...O.O

WTF have I written? My wrist hurts already from delting, so ...Serpie wonder how she'll go to WORK in the morning after being shit drunk....I just drank 2 glassses...O.O

Uuuuuuuuu.......And Serpie is driving tomorrow...O.O

Fuck it all...I'm gonna to sleep. Don;t tell Serp that I was drunk in case she asks...Although I think I did review her story under my name...Waaaa

Anyway, UPDATE!!!

...Maaaaan, I am drunk! YAY!

ROFLMAO.

Somehow, I think your computer should come with a pre-installed breath/blood-analyser. For your safety. And everyone elses.

Nerys hides.

Drunk Serpie is scary Serpie. Even worse, slightly sick, drunk and nearing-period Serpie is scaring Lord Voldemort. Yep, he's in hiding. He read the comments and figured it would be safer to re-emerge in a week or so. ;)

I just wanted to drop in right quick to tell you that I really enjoyed your story. It was well written and the characters were so beautifully thought out.

I believe I stopped reading your fic when you killed off Snape. I'm sorry, I simply cannot read a fic where he's killed (if he were dead before the fic I could tolerate his character not being in a story). I have a soft spot for the dark bastard and simply find it very difficult to cope with his death when he's killed in the middle of a fic.

Now this is not me trying to make you change your story or to make you feel bad about killing him off or anything else--I simply wanted to tell you that despite me not continuing the story, what you did have down I truly enjoyed.

As a writer, I know how frustrating it can be not to get any feed back or reviews or anything else for that matter. I know for a fact that you'll really appreciate getting feedback--even if the reader does stay along for the whole ride.

Thank you for contributing to my procrastination (Uni homework sucks)!

Hopefully, there will be another story you post that I will stick around for.

Until then!

Strawberry Passion

Reply to Strawberry Passion:

"I just wanted to drop in right quick to tell you that I really enjoyed your story. It was well written and the characters were so beautifully thought out."

Thanks. I am glad you liked it.

"I believe I stopped reading your fic when you killed off Snape. I'm sorry, I simply cannot read a fic where he's killed (if he were dead before the fic I could tolerate his character not being in a story). I have a soft spot for the dark bastard and simply find it very difficult to cope with his death when he's killed in the middle of a fic."

LOL. Actually, I personally think without Snape the entire potter series would've been incredibly boring. However, for me personally, I always had a problem with him in romantic pairings. I just don't see him as someone who got over Lily Potter-Evans. He's so obsessively in love with her that it borders on becoming creepy stalkerish. As fpr him dying in The Apprentice, that was done deliberately, seeing how vital Snape was for Harry's victory in the end. All the things he now cannot do, make it interesting for me to write this AU story. And to be honest I also killed him off, so I wouldn't get reviews asking for more Hermione-Snape time as the story progresses. Snapione just isn't my thing. But to each their own, and I am sure there are plenty of Snapione fics for you out there. *grumbles in envy since that list far supercedes the tiny tomione one*

"Now this is not me trying to make you change your story or to make you feel bad about killing him off or anything else--I simply wanted to tell you that despite me not continuing the story, what you did have down I truly enjoyed."

Thanks. And I didn't get the impression you were trying to influence me or make me feel bad; you were just relaying your thoughts concerning the event.

"As a writer, I know how frustrating it can be not to get any feed back or reviews or anything else for that matter. I know for a fact that you'll really appreciate getting feedback--even if the reader does stay along for the whole ride."

Yep, feedback is always stimulating, even if it contains critism because you actually learn from those. On a couple of occassions I even made changes in my chapters when I felt the reviewer had a good point and I was still able to alter it. But if I can't make alterations or I disagree with the person's point of view I do always try to reply to my reviewers, because I feel it's the least I can do to show my respect for their efforts.

"Thank you for contributing to my procrastination (Uni homework sucks)!"

LOL. My time writing is again well spend. I am always happy to oblige a fellow procrastinator. XD

"Hopefully, there will be another story you post that I will stick around for. Until then! Strawberry Passion"

Well, I only write Tomione as a pairing, so if you're into Snapione, I might not be the writer for you. I do have two completed Tomione fics here that comply with your Snape-being-dead-before-the-fic-started. And I am working on a new Tomione bunny that I may start posting soon, which takes place after DH (EWE).

Anyway, thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

The Apprentice - Chapter 33 - Review Reply to Fleur K.

"I just finished reading your story.....and I think I am in love." - Thanks. I am glad you're enjoying the fic.

"I too have been wondering what it is, exactly, that the Keepers are "keeping"." - Yeah, sorry, it's not going to become known soon. There will be a chapter (I think ch. 35) where you'll see the Keepers in action again, doing their "keeping", so that might give a bit more insight into what.

"Also.....who is that girl in the bag?!" - Hmm... woman not girl. And it's a tiny spoiler. Let's just say Nagini dislikes me for getting rid of all her canon food. *wink, wink.*

"Since I am so addicted to your story, I think you should update asap :)" - *hides*

"By the way.....your Voldemort is way sexy. Seriously. *fans self* It makes it more believable when reading the interactions between Hermione and Voldemort.....more believable that Hermione would honestly feel pulled in so many directions about what she wants to do and what is the "right" thing to do." - Well, that's the intention. If it were easy for Hermione, there wouldn't be much of a fic. But I am glad you're enjoying the portrayal of Voldemort. XDDD

"Anyway....update? Please? Tomorrow? In 5 minutes? :D" - *hides even better* Well, seriously now, I am working on that blasted chapter, but it's giving me problems. Well, to be precise Hermione's interaction with Burbage is. I just can't find the drama muse at the moment - she went AWOL and is mocking me from a distance whenever I try to get that scene on paper. You have no idea how many stupid versions I wrote up to date. Ugh. Too bad the Bella, Lucius and Voldemort bit can't come first. *sighs*

Anyway, I want to thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

PS Sorry for the late reply, but I hadn't noticed there was a new review for Apprentice until now.

Guest Fleur K.

Woman in bag......Ohhhhhhhh....gotcha!

"Well, that's the intention. If it were easy for Hermione, there wouldn't be much of a fic. But I am glad you're enjoying the portrayal of Voldemort. XDDD" - Exactly. That is why some stories just......die.....or I stop reading them because they didn't develop in a way that seemed real (ie....actual conflict?)

In all honesty, I love that you put so much thought and time into writing really great fanfics. So, even if it takes you 6 months or more to update.....I will be here to read and review! I will control my own impatience *repeats mantra*

• 2 weeks later...

Review Reply to Apprentice's Chapter 33:

mrequecky

Finally caught up again and damn I want to see Hermione tear a new one into Bella :D

Ooooh, I had so much fun writing that scene. If only I could get the start of that chapter written, but the emotional scene between Hermione and the teacher is giving me headaches; so it will be a while longer. I am using Prisoner as a distraction, hoping it will bring the muse back for emotional scenes.

Thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

To Fleur K's earlier post in this topic:

How's the mantra going? Just kidding. I really appreciate your patience. I had a rather rude, anonymous reviewer on FFnet complaining in all my fics about lacking apprentice updates in a way that really stroked all my hairs the wrong way. I usually reply nicely or ignore pointless flames, but this time I made an exception and left a sarcastic review reply in my AN there. So thanks again for understanding that I have a life and can't sit behind the PC all day long to write Tomione fics. Alas. XD

Edited by Nerys Dax

• 2 weeks later...

Review Reply for The Gold Puppet from somebody french:

"Did you give this story up? I was really enjoying it."

No, we didn't give it up. Serp's muse is currently held hostage by her story "Somewhere in Time". Once she finds the time to write on this story with me again, we will continue it. We've got the plot lined out and all, so it will get finished eventually.

We're glad to hear you're enjoying it, though.

Thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Serp and Nerys.

Apprentice chapter 33, review reply to Keleals:

"Very interesting, I cannot wait for more." - Thank you. I'll do my best to update asap once I am finished with Prisoner (which will be a short story of around 10 chapters).

I'm writing that story as a distraction from the trouble my muse is giving me with the Hermione-teacher scene in Apprentice. Don't worry though, I've had these blockages before, they alway go away at some point. Usually all I need to do is to take my mind of it, hence the writing of Prisoner. XD

I'm glad you're enjoying the Apprentice and thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

Masters of Manipulation, review reply to Relatela:

Wow... I don't know how I missed this story before. I was restless after reading the latest chapter of The Prisoner, and I realized that I somehow never read this story despite having read all your others. I'm not done yet, but I absolutely HAD to review after reading chapter 19... soooo hot lol! That has to be the /best/ sex scene that I have ever read =) But what can be better than a threesome with two Voldemorts? =)

Well, maybe because it was posted so fast? I had a spur of crazed inspiration on that story and just kept writing like an idiot, so it was done in less than two months.

LOL. Chapter 19 ... I recall that scene ... *sniggers* Well, I figured what's the point of time travel and having two Voldemorts together if you do'n't get creative with it. Besides, it's the only person I can see him sharing with, himself. XD

Hmm... A foursome with three, a fivesome with... *drags mind out of gutter* :lol:

xx Nerys

Masters of Manipulation, review reply to Lady Miya:

Just thought you should know, you have named chapter three "chapter 4" in the document. Got a little confused there but then I realised I wasn't the wrong making some mistake, YOU were ;) Hehe, just teasing. I had forgotten most of this story so it's fun to reread it again. I had even forgot she was in Slytherin as well... and that Salazar sent her the book. Oh, well :) now I'll go to bed!

Ugh... that's because I split up chapter 2 into two for GE. And I forgot to change it back in the edited docs here. The only problem I have is if I change something in the doc now, it will plaster all the text together, due to the new feature. I noticed this happening when I corrected an error in Gold Puppet. Hope you slept well. XD

"She had not found the experience of having a piece of the Dark Lord inside of her a pleasurable one".... snort... I know for a fact she will change her opinion about that after a while ;)

Miya, Miya, Miya ... what are you suggesting? HP is for little kiddies. We shalt not corrupt the stories with smut! Oopsi, too late.. :blush:

Wait a minute... how come Hermione manage to see James, Lily and Harry when they are still under the Fidelius Charm and Peter hasn't told her about their location like he had to Voldemort? Hm... or did Voldemort use Peter to completely break the spell? I mean... shouldn't the secret still be kept since Peter is alive after all? Or did Dumbledore break the spell?

Something here, and in canon as well, doesn't make completely sense.

Hermione didn't see James, Lily and Harry; she saw the house and recognised it from her trip in the future to Godric's Hollow. You can see the building under a Fidelius Charm. You just can't see the persons inside. Past Tom also knew from her memories where he needed to be and he knew he had to wait for his counterpart to arrive before he could access the building, not realising his older self would have a different idea. And yes, they arrived at the moment Peter had already spilled the beans to the older Voldemort, and when he entered and started killing people inside, I think that's when the Fidelius drops completely, otherwise nobody would've ever found Harry. *snnrks* The-Boy-Who-Died-Of-Starvation. But you're right this is a bit dubious in canon. XD

Oh, and now I realise why I didn't remember her talking to Salazar, because she didn't... oh, well :)

ROFLMAO. No, she didn't. She only thought it was him. XD

thanks for your reviews.

Continuation of MOM review reply to Lady Miya:

At chapter 14 and finally finding a mistake to snigger about! "Hermione saw the robes fly towards her to bind" Hihi...

*head-desks* And if I want to change it now, it will mush all the text together. Oh well, I'll change it when I get to the chapter with my beta into editing everything.

sorry ;) It's the only one I've seen actually, so I don't think your mistakes are that bad.

That's a relief.

Or maybe it's just a proof of what a bad editor I am.

*relief gone* xxp

Nah, your English isn't that bad. It's just that our brains are wired to read over mistakes like that. It just interprets what needs to stand there and makes you not notice it.

Well... you would know about that seeing you have read what I've written. Anyway, at that sentence I just got such a visual of Hermione being attacked by a lot of flying robes. Which would wrap someone up just as nicely as ropes, of course ;)

Well, that was what I was going for. Wherever did you get the idea it should've been ropes? Tsk tsk tsk. *sniggers*

Oh, and I enjoy the little extra smut you added in this chapter!

I knew you would. XD

And nooo, they won't touch each other again, no, not at all...

Of course not. The horror!

Hehehe... loved the ending of this one. Tommy-boy up to his tricks, but he and Hermione is together ^^ Wiiih! And All was well. The new, "and they lived happily ever after".

Well, it's a given in Potter fanfiction. ;)

And yes, Tom would always be up to his tricks and I figured I could keep the ending I originally planned since I didn't post the sequel here.

xx Nerys

• 3 weeks later...

The Apprentice, Ch. 33, Review Reply to Hades Daugher:

Even though I've been following this story for what seems like years (it probably is actual years), I wanted to tell you how thoroughly I enjoy it. I've not found a lot of Hermione/Voldemort stories that are genuinely good but this one far exceeds them all.

Thank you. I really appreciate feedback from readers, so I am glad you enjoyed my story.

I first found this story through fanfiction . net but I have to say I enjoy this version much more.

Hmm... your review came precisely at a moment when I needed it. I actually have periods when I dislike the one version and then the other, and at times, I am really not sure if the version here on AFFnet is coherent enough. I sometimes feel some of the smut was too much too soon (for the characters, that is -- I understand that for some readers here there can never be such a thing as too much smut. XDDD).

I like it when Voldemort is actually portrayed in the right sense and not some love sick fool, I couldn't imagine him that way.

Me neither. Love sick Voldemort makes me want to vomit.

Hope to see an update soon!

Ouch. Er... *hides*

It will be a while longer. I am finishing "The Prisoner" first, before tackling the next chapter of Apprentice. Sorry. I know a lot of readers are waiting for it, but I wrote about a dozen versions of chapter 34 and none are good enough, so I need a bit of a break from it.

xx Nerys

The Apprentice, ch. 33, Review Reply to SarahLuvsZombehs:

Took me a whole day straight of doing nothing else to read this story, and I must say so far its simply amazing. I really hope you update soon because its simply addictive.

Thank you. It's good to hear you enjoyed reading it. I'm, however, currently focusing on "The Prisoner". Once that's completely written (it will be a short story), I will give chapter 34 another go. I have like a dozen versions of it already and none are quite it. So, I took a bit of a break from it by working on another story for a while. That often helps my muse to clear its mind and see what's the problem of the chapter not wanting to come out right.

Voldemort is such a sexy manbeast, although nobody seems to agree with me. "he has no nose! Hes bald! blah blah blah" I don't care I love him the way he is. Evil, sexy snakeman that he is! This story portrays him so very well. Evil, but with a dark sense of humor. Lucky lucky Hermione.

I agree with you! I agree with you!

Who cares about his inhuman exterior, pah! The way he holds himself and moves around with confidence is enough to make me swoon. Besides, he's deliciously evil-- like we can't be in real life. So, it's fun to read/write about people who trample over every boundary society puts in place. And he's definitely the biggest "trampler" of them all.

I am glad you're enjoying my portrayal of him. Lucky Hermione indeed. *grabs Hermione voodoo doll to get even*

Once again please update soon,

Reine

Will do my best to write Prisoner even faster. ;)

xx Nerys

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nerys

The Apprentice chapter 33 review reply to bookaholic:

Wow this is an amazing story and I can't wait to read what happens next!

Thank you. I am glad you like it.

Once I have finished my short story "The Prisoner", I will get back to writing on Apprentice.

xx Nerys

• 1 month later...
Guest Nerys

The Apprentice review reply to animenemo428

At first i wasn't amazed by this story, ill admit, but the more i read, the more enamored i became. Please update as soon as you can. ^^

Well, I am glad you continued reading then. :D

I'll do my best to update as soon as I can after I finished my short story the prisoner. I needed a bit of a break from Apprentice, I've been working on it for so long now.

xx Nerys

• 2 months later...
Guest Nerys

Review replies to Apprentice

Kmjb "Awesome story!!!! I am really enjoying Hermione's education with Voldemort! who would have though (dare I say it?) that he would actually care about her (of course he doesn't realize it yet)? Please update soon!!!!!!!"

Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad you like the story. Hmm... care... *zips lips* No, I don't dare say it. I like my limbs to stay attached to my body. LOL I'll see what I can do, but I do plan to finish the shorter story Prisoner first.

Midnight Lost" I know its been a few months, but I hope the next chapter is in the works!" - It's halfway done. XD

Jaspersluv1863 "This is one of my fave fanfics, will you update soon please???" - Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad this is one of your favs. However, I can't make any promises about when I will update, just that I will. Some day. Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Gakuhaitsu "Wow. Awesomeness. I've d/led this fic a while back, but I put this one on hold since I wanted to save something more lengthy (and guaranteed time-worthy)for a nice long one-shot reading day. I wasn't disappointed :)" - Thank you. *blushes severely*

"Is it one of the Weasley's (Ginny?) in the bag or someone else from Hogwarts?" - It's someone else from Hogwarts. XD

"Can't wait to see how the fight with Bellatrix will play out since Bella can't use her wand against Hermione. But there wasn't anything preventing physical violence was there? And we all know extremist Bella gets excited over physical torture too. Hm..."

*sniggers* I had so much fun writing their interaction. That part of the next chapter is actually done already. The easiest bit to write. XD

"As with your other fics, I love the dark, evil and in-character Voldemort that you portrayed, and how Hermione (and her actions for the most part) is the only one that can amuse him, and constantly make him smirk." - Well, I do feel the man has far too many morons around him, so he could use someone who can think for herself. LOL. And Hermione is perfect for the job to give him some much needed talking back to. Eh, I wouldn't dare. Me no Gryf. XD

However, I am glad you like my portrayal of him. Personally, I find him a lot of fun to write. Well, the evil, immoral ones always are. *wiggles eyebrows*

"His severe mood changes create quite of tension, and this was expressed very clearly too (it put me on the edge, one minute loving, the other biting and sarcastic, and then purely masochistic)" - I take it you meant sadistic. Maso Voldy, now there is a story. *sniggers* But yeah, he's very volatile and ever changing--hard to keep track of, which makes it difficult to be around him and stay in one piece.

"Loved the bit about Luna being one of the apprentices too, and how her uniqueness brings endless frustration upon others." - I love Luna and her "craziness". I picked her as another apprentice because I felt it's hard to see Draco as true competition for Hermione. Luna, on the other hand, is. She and Hermione are two pieces of a coin almost. What the one misses, the other has too much of.

"Update soon (along with Prisoner please);)" - *snnnrks* Preferably both at the same time and yesterday, I gather? *grins*

But I think Prisoner will be first. I have them both about 1/4 or 1/2 finished now. However, I am trying to focus on prisoner since I want to put a completed sign behind one of my stories and Apprentice is nowhere near the end yet.

Anyway, thanks for reading and reviewing,

xx Nerys

• 1 month later...
Guest nerys

Apprentice review reply to Kiwiambrosia:

"Please, please, please, please, update soon!" - I am working on finishing my short story, Prisoner (10-12 chapters), first, so this one will take a while longerto update. Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Masters of manipulation review reply to CherryPower:

"i don't understand, so both Tom and Hermione are evil? Or are there just some after-effects haunting Hermione and Tom just wanting to rewrite all the novels for proof?"- To be honest, it's been a considerable time since I wrote this fic, so I am not entirely sure what I did at the end by heart. However, if I recall correctly, I let some of it deliberately open to the readers' interpretation. Since I only show a fragment of events 19 years later, there is no background as to why things are the way they are. So, if that's your interpretation of events, that's fine. I do know that Tom and Hermione have a bond that makes them take over the characteristics of the other individual and incooperate those into their own. That means that their base personality is still the same but with some additions. Whether or not those additions have a serious, changing influence is anyone's guess. ;)

"Amazing story, by the way! LOVED IT !" - Thank you.

And thank you for reading and reviewing,

xx nerys

The Apprentice, review reply to me

And there are several other stories which started promising but, alas, never seem to be updated anymore, so I am leaving them of this list for now. hipocrit much? you do the same thing (never updating or not updating for long periods and it makes your stories look abandoned

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but try not to take things out of context when you quote someone. That sentence is taken from the place "recommended stories" on my profile. I added that sentence to show that every story that's in the Voldemort-Hermione section and is not on my list isn't a story I dislike or find rubbish, but that a story might not be there because I just don't want to point readers to WIPs. I know some WIPs are on my recommended list, but that's because I know the author and am positive those stories will get finished.

As for my own updating schedule, yes, I have long periods where I don't update, periods when I update less and periods when I update rapidly. I have a chronic illness that has bad and good periods, which causes me to be unable (at times) to write. Now I suppose I could hoard chapters when I have a good period and my writing is prolific.

However, I feel uncomfortable sitting on my chapters when I know readers would love to read on, so I always update when I have a chapter written. I know it means that during a bad period readers will go without any updates, but that's just the way it is. If it makes my stories seem abandoned to you or anyone else, well, you're welcome to think so. If my irregular updating schedule frustrates anyone, well, I promise you that it frustrates me more and I might add that I never twisted your arm to read a WIP.

Thanks for reviewing on my updating (are you paying me, btw?) and for reviewing on my profile,

xx Nerys.

Edited by Nerys Dax

• 3 weeks later...

Review reply to Jean Grey:

"This is such a fun story and the most unique of any LV/Hermione story out there. Though not a goody-goody, there's actually more to this relatioship than the usual Voldy-tortures-Hermione-repeatedly crap. I love seeing a strong Hermione. Hope to read a new chapter soon. *Hint* :)"

Well, we wanted to do something different. So, we appreciate that you enjoyed what we wrote so far. And if you prefer a strong, dominant Hermione, this story won't let you down. *sniggers*

Although, to be honest, even when Serp or I write the usual crap (winks), we just have a problem writing her as weak, because that's just not Hermione to us.

Anyway, as for a new chapter of The Gold Puppet, well, we'll continue on it once Serp has SIT finished. Apparently, it took her muse hostage. *grumbles about insolent muses*

xx Serpent In Red and Nerys.

Edited by Nerys Dax

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.