Click Here!

That Writing Feeling

I don't know if I am putting this here because I am pissed off in general or if its just cause I am so pissed off I can't bring myself to write.

How do you find your feelings affect your writing; do you find that the more emotional you are, the better the quality of your work or worse? And I don't just mean pissed off or upset emotional, I mean when you feel joy as well.

And (I know i am jumping all over the place here) its not so much that I am so mad that I can't write... I just can't work on Serene Lies which is upsetting itself because I really enjoy writing that story... Right now though I want to write a torture that involve two characters resembling my ex boyfriend cum best friend and his girlfriend who happens to be a close friend...

>.< Anyways, so, feelings...writing... what are your thoughts?

• 1 month later...
Guest SaydenEmery

Writing is always an upper for me. If I am feeling particularly emotional or upset about something, I write. When I am emotionally backed up is when I tend to write my best stuff.

I can't write when I happen to be angry though. At all. I will sit at the computer and try, but nothing works, and then I just get angrier. 

I can't write when I'm upset. I can only write when I'm in a calm and creative mood, or a good mood, which hasn't been the case very often lately.

• 5 months later...

Well, if I am in a depressed mood, I'll generally grab a pencil and notebook and write a dark poem or a sad Country song. If I am in a dark mood, I cannot get my self to write, and I find I must go for a ride to get my mind into a better state. Lately, I have been suffering from something that is both dark and depressive. So writing is out of the question. Unfortunately, being winter (with all the ice and snow, so is riding. I do have one thing that gets me into a frame of mind though, and thats reading. I also will beta for people who ask, and that helps as well. Then comes watching an anime, usually one that I wish to write about, then I feel I can write.

• 7 months later...

i tend to write what i feel, if im feeling sick, i tend to make my characters vomit, if im angry, i tend to kill one of them, if im sad, i tend to make them cry. whatever i feel, goes into my story. but, whereas im a mature writer, i find that my most explicit stories come out when im actually horny o.O

• 2 months later...

I only write when I am in a good and creative mood. My emotions have little to no influence on my stories. I can write smut without being effected by it. XD Sometimes what I am writing will effect my mood. Say, if I write something warm and fluffy, it will make me happier, if I write something dark, it can bring me down a bit.