Most Cliche Setting?

ZombieDuke

Guest Madapple

hmmm...cliche?

For Potter Fics...

definitely the dungeon, especially the potions classroom

or the Astrononmy Tower,

the most under-utilized setting...

Dumbledore's office, Hagrid's Hut and let's face it no one has been caught polishing their wand in Filch's office. which come to think of it would make a really bizarre voyeur fic. "Yes, Weasley, you can get out of detention but first you have to..."

Under-utilized/Non canon setting-The lair of the giant squid, I always imagine he has some secret cave in the bottom of that lake. A little gillyweed would get that party started.

• 1 month later...
Guest lightgoddess

Snape Manor. I just find that to be sooooooooo cliche. Ok, that and some secret potions lab down in the dungeons where Snape works on his brews, and the Room of Requirement.

Some underutilized places I'd like to see: the Burrow, the back room at WWW, Hogsmeade (anywhere really except the shreiking shack), and Gryffindor Tower.

Guest Melody Fate

THe most overused cliche ever is...

It's very very cold out. Man and woman both get soaking wet. They take off their clothes and climb into bed, because it's better to both be naked when you're trying to get warmed up.

I've seen this too many times. Not just in fanfiction, but in real books to the point where you'd think all attractive men and women do is run around falling into icy lakes and taking their clothes off.

Guest Madapple

underused?

Platform 9 3/4

either the Magical side, or the Muggle entry.

Of course you would need an invisibility duvet cover. But I suppose that could be Transfigured.

I wonder where you would put your ticket, to stick tight to it, I mean!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.