Click Here!

Review Replies for What A Long, Strange Trip It Has Been

Shadowknight12

BronxWench: Thank you for the review! I figured that since WoW has a lot of feasts all year long and these two were surprisingly good together, they would give me good fuel for the prompts. Yes, Serrenth is very snarky. I'm broken-hearted to see him go, if only temporarily. Yes, I do believe Jeddek will come to regret having picked the paladin as his companion. Out loud, even!

Thank you! That's something so hard for me to include on the prompts, since I can take up a lot of words with descriptions and evocative imagery. I'm trying to learn how to do all that in fewer words. Glad it shows! :lol:

The orc is very much your typical grump blue-collar worker who doesn't have time to deal with crazy people. The snark he keeps to himself is something I'll always regret not being able to show. Perhaps he might appear again and I might be able to remedy that!

Jeddek is very much stunned right now. His brain is, more or less, on autopilot. He knows he should be, you know, taking a moment to stop and think things through, but Auran's not about to let him do that.

More reviews! Woohoo!

JayDee: No, unfortunately. We'll just see what'd happen if Auran and/or Jeddek behaved differently in reaction to the same stimulus. Jeddek is still very much stunned, but starting to clue in. Thank you on the imagery bit, I find it hard to convey what my mind sees, so I'm glad it shows through.

pittwitch: Heheh, yeah, Serrenth is a fun character to write. He might show up in a line or two during the prompts, if only to add some humour.

FairySlayer: Eggnog! I forgot about that one! And yes, Northrend in general is a land of ice, snow and/or undead. There will be more of that in the next chapter (including undead hanky panky!). And let it not be said Auran is not enthusiastic about celebrations.

Good predictions, all of that is definitely going to be touched upon. Nice that you picked up on the implications of carrying around a weather-controlling artifact! :D

Indeed, Auran's persuasiveness knows no boundaries. And well, this is more or less what Jeddek looks like, for those unfamiliar with the fandom:

Delgo_Ragetotem.jpg

And since I'm at it, my take on Auran, only with a different hairstyle:

Captain_Darill.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

BronxWench: I wrote this prompt in less than an hour, and it shows. It's riddled with mistakes and it's only been rewritten once before posting! That sort of mistakes is definitely the kind of thing I missed due to it being SO rushed. I didn't have time to ponder how a phrase sounded, I just had to get it out. I do appreciate the concrit though, and I take it to heart. I'll keep this in mind for next time, to teach me not to postpone it for the last moment. Word count was exactly 1000, as always, so yeah. :P

I'm glad you liked it and found the little ambience descriptions evocative. It's good that it was still present in spite of my rampant frenzy to get it out. Thank you again!

Anesor: Well, this is a very particular paladin. Highly... unorthodox.

FairySlayer: Great point! Indeed, Jeddek isn't exactly discouraging future behaviour in this way. And heh, you're very close to the heart of the question.

LOL, it's one of those unorthodox things Auran does. And I can't believe I didn't think of that, too! *makes mental note for later*

Ack! I have a neutral relationship with adverbs. On the one hand, I come from a scientific background, where we're taught that brevity and conciseness is key. Adverbs satisfy those two tenets wonderfully. On the other hand, I'm sure it's more interesting to read "with the chill of a howling blizzard," rather than "coldly." So you'll probably witness my struggle with adverbs for a long time. :(

Hahah, wow! That's really saying something! I'm very glad to hear that. It's so very rare to hear that from someone who's not into a fandom! I believe that has made my week!

JD: :rofl: I'll take your word for it!

Hmmm, they should seek shelter, shouldn't they? It's awfully chilly, after all. Let's hope they remember that! And yes, Auran, confident as he might be, was playing a dangerous game here. And that's precisely why he liked it. Storyline B... well, might not go the way most expect. Especially with "Morpheus" canoodling about.

Apollo: Hah, I suppose I've teased long enough. :lol:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.