Click Here!

Mary Sue section

Guest Guest_Animefan249_*

Guest Guest_Animefan249_*

I think we should make a section for Mary Sue fics, because i for one am tired of my stories being called one. I think it's an outrage that becasue i want to have an OC save the life of a character that normally wouldn't be saved, and not be flamed for it. For example like in Death Note, for people who are fans of L and didn't want to see him Die now we can come up with ways to save him, and actaually have fun writing our storys. I mean, i know there are some real hardcore fans out there of alot of different storys and don't want to see the storyline of the anime "Damaged" but if this is fan fiction, let it be just that. We should reserve the right to make any movie, book, show, etc anything we want it to be and not have it be flamed because it was some what farfetched.

that doesn't matter, because even if you do that people flame you for making the story what you want it to be. It's like what's the point of posting a story, if you can't make it your own? I really insist that there be a section for Mary Sues. :)

If they flame you consistently after you've clearly stated that your story contains an OC, is AU, and etc; then they are quite obviously doing it to irritate you. If it's consistent in that it's the same one or two people, then report that user as a troll.

There will be NO Mary Sue categories.

well can i state that the story is a mary sue? Just so i can take my idea and run with it? Because then, not only did i state that there is an OC in my story, i also stated that it is a Mary Sue?

absolutely. the more detailed the description in summary (given the 240 character limit), the better off you are as an author. It also certainly makes it easier to point to those users who think it's okay to flame someone just because, or to act trollish with archive members. Which in turn makes it easier for the archive mods to do THEIR jobs, to get rid of the flamers and trolls.

thanks for the help, i just have one more suggestion. Can you put up a death note section, or at least post the section where the other anime fics are, because i can never find it. It just makes things easier to post, if i can go right there, because i know there are death note fics out there.

Guest Zanthious

I've heard from writers that I know that have this same problem too. And I can see it from both points of view, but agree that if you state it all clearly, then they should get it, and be ok. But, just for arguments sake, is there a chance, not for a whole Mary Sue section, but for perhaps a Mary Sue tag in the list with OC, and AU and such?

There's no reason I can think of to not add it to the story code lists. Good idea! <_< Again, if you clearly state that your story HAS a "Mary Sue" and then you get flamed for it? Personally, I'd look at that as flamebaiting and trolling. That, by the way is a TOS violation, and should be reported.