Click Here!

When does it stop being pretend?

DarkInuLord

I was just wondering, is it healthy to use real life fantasies about doing sadistic things to people as bases for your writing? I finally got a new idea for a story, but I found myself designing a character named... Well let's call him "Coal", and well I was 'designing' him for the story, just so Inuyasha (Representing me) could physically harm him.

... Is that healthy? I mean, I know that if a certain person close to me were to find and read the story, that certain person would understand who I'm talking about... But it's just a story right? :o

I think it's fine unless you actually do it in real life. I recently fantasized about tying someone down and chopping off one toe, then cauterizing it with a blow torch so he wouldn't bleed to death and die on me. Then the next night I'd do another toe. Once the toes are gone off with the feet. After that the fingers and hands. I haven't killed anyone though. I just have a very active and imaginitive evil half.

Well, no one actually gets hurt in a story. Or carefully choreographed films.

Acting out fantasies in real life with consenting adults is fine. Acting out in fictional life with no one actually getting hurt is fine.

Except, of course, for what your neighbors may think if they find a copy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.