Click Here!

Topics Being Discussed

Because a good 25% of the population of 'writers' on the site are either just bad, or underage. Another 50% probably have never clicked the forum button in their AFF lives.

Also because I really don't like discussing writing, as much as doing the actual writing. =/

Because writers need to take breaks from writing, like a sort of "brain vacation" where you talk about anything but.

But what about the fandoms? I've been to alot of anime cons and if there's one thing anime nerds like to do, it's talk anime. That doesn't seem to be happening on here. The Harry Potter section seems to get a fair ammount of traffic, but its still nothing in comparison.

I know, I wish there would be more posts in the Death Note section and I find myself disappointed in the lack of posts in the anime section all together. I feel that the reason for this is that not everyone visiting the main AFF site wants to leave the site to check out the forums. I think this could perhaps be fixed by somehow linking these sections directly to the main board. Perhaps you could drop that in the suggestion section? Me 2 lazy.

I know, I wish there would be more posts in the Death Note section and I find myself disappointed in the lack of posts in the anime section all together. I feel that the reason for this is that not everyone visiting the main AFF site wants to leave the site to check out the forums. I think this could perhaps be fixed by somehow linking these sections directly to the main board. Perhaps you could drop that in the suggestion section? Me 2 lazy.

Well us writers and such could start putting links into our stories, linking to our respective fandom.

The anime section does seem a little empty, I'd like to see more people frequent the Inuyasha section, but it's only just a couple of us, and even when we DO post, the thread gets bumped off the front page by Naruto or some such, and no one bothers to check for new posts. Hell, even I've skipped it over thinking no one replied to my thread, only to check a week later and see there was several posts in it.

personally, I only have three type of stories: Gundam Wing, Scar Tissue (of which I seem to be the only one writing and I'm not so crazy that I'm going to have a forum discussion with myself), and my original works. So, it's hard to have a discussion about fandoms I am not only not involved in, but have never seen the show/anime/book. I like going to these aimless babble forums because I find the psychological and sociological discussion stimulating and I don't have to worry about references that I don't understand. That, and I don't really have any good advice for fellow writers, I just don't have that particular skill and I'm sure that other authors are like that, they can write a fic, but just can't get involved in some of the discussions in the writer's corner. There is also a group of people who write but just don't like going to the forums, I know that I am one of those people on ff.net and gundam wing universe, and I know I probably should take the time to at least visit.

Well us writers and such could start putting links into our stories, linking to our respective fandom.

I intend to put a link to the forums in my authors note at the end of my updates and ask that people come and talk. Problem is I've been kind of in a slump for the last two months, so i've missed the monthly update schedule i had been keeping for a while.

It's a good idea tho, more authors should encourage discussion.

I intend to put a link to the forums in my authors note at the end of my updates and ask that people come and talk. Problem is I've been kind of in a slump for the last two months, so i've missed the monthly update schedule i had been keeping for a while.

It's a good idea tho, more authors should encourage discussion.

My fandom is mostly Harry Potter, more over the rare slash pairs of the fandom and such. Such pairs would be Harry/LV-TMR or Lucius Malfoy. I find it kind of despicable that due to amout of traffic for such a section of the site that there are no more posts for such pairs. Pairs Such as Harry/Draco are normally overdone and there are too many. I would like to see more posts for these pairs.

I like your idea and would like to implement it, but I'm afraid I am not very computer savvy and would need for someone to explain how to do it to me first.

My fandom is mostly Harry Potter, more over the rare slash pairs of the fandom and such. Such pairs would be Harry/LV-TMR or Lucius Malfoy. I find it kind of despicable that due to amout of traffic for such a section of the site that there are no more posts for such pairs. Pairs Such as Harry/Draco are normally overdone and there are too many. I would like to see more posts for these pairs.

I like your idea and would like to implement it, but I'm afraid I am not very computer savvy and would need for someone to explain how to do it to me first.

nothing major, copy and paste the link from the forum http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum into the text of your story. you could make it more specific if you want to link directly to the fandom like this:

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...p?showforum=386

that's the address for the harry potter section. i dont think you can put html into the story for a clickable link, someone correct me if i'm wrong on that tho.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.