Click Here!

Absolution

Guest Zyx

So it has come to my attention that the meaning of the word absolution was shamelessly changed by the church to serve their needs.

Fuck you church.

Absolute=Without exception

-ion=the making of/changing into/execution

Absolution=To make it without exception.

Thus my absolution would be physical and mental immortality. Now because of the church I have no word for this.... Fuck you chuch.

Um, Zyx, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the root for Absolution isn't Absolute, it is Absolve. As in, to forgive. Thus absolution is the act of granting forgiveness...

I figured someone was going to say this... But that makes no sense at all so I see fit to completely disregard it.

But seriously. Logic dictates "to absolve" would become "absolvation".

And I'm not suggesting that sounds right, I'm just saying it makes sense. -sigh-

I miss my word >_>

consider all of the rules for making stuff plural or all that i before e nonsense. It's no wonder why kids have such problems with grammar, there are too many rules and a lot of things don't make sense. When my three year old second cousin asked me: why is ox=oxen, goose=geese, mouse=mice, but almost everything else I just have to put an s to it? I really didn't have an answer for it, because I didn't understand it either and when I asked my teacher why, she had the same blank look I gave my cousin..