Click Here!

Retro-vertigo (Firefly/Serenity 'verse)

moss gypsy

Howdy, yall!

Retro-vertigo has been revised and updated! Chapter 4 now available (Ch. 5 is currently in the works). Thank you, to those who have previously read, and if you haven't, and you like a good sci-fi story, please check this one out! Although Retro-vertigo takes place within Joss Wheadon's Firefly/Serenity universe, I've tried to write the story from an angle that anyone can read--even if they aren't familiar w/ the t.v. show/film. Link to my fanfic here.

Retro-vertigo is the story of the crew of a small, Firefly class star ship known as Serenity, and their adventures with four new passengers: the sassy and gifted Liana Laveau, stoic and former soldier, Chris Geautreaux, trust fund baby and smooth talker, Shin Shimazu, and finally, the small boned "Skinny" Sam Collins, who has a penchant for gambling. The group are musicians; the men, former band mates of Jayne Cobb, the crew's crude, yet lovable, gun-for-hire.

The band enlists the help of Captain Malcolm Reynolds in order to make it back to their home planet for a huge music festival--without raising the attention of the Feds--because these musicians aren't just some simple band--they're also cocky & charismatic drug smugglers.

This fanfic includes 5 OC's, one of which is a minor character who is deceased prior to the story. I didn't really intend for it to be a "song fic" (I'm not even exactly sure what makes a fic a "song fic"), but, because the story revolves around musicians, there are some lyrics within the story. I've tried not to go overboard w/ them. The fic also revolves heavily around dreams and flashbacks--fair warning to those of you who can't stand stories with parts told from that particular point of view.

Please R&R! I welcome constructive criticism, and if you'd like to beta Retro-vertigo just inbox me!

Happy reading&writing, yall!

~moss gypsy

aka

space oddity

aka

Jesse Noel

Like the story a lot, Jane had a girlfriend once; who'd a think it! Only complaint is the chapters are a bit short but that's not really an error thing, I just like long chapters ;)

Hope you keep going on this one.