Click Here!

Behind The Scenes

Guest RoTide Modnar

Guest RoTide Modnar

Please bear with me, as I have little (read "no") experience posting challenges. I've had this basic idea running through my head for ages, but I never have the dedication to put out a full story (as I feel this deserves.) The main point is that Harry's years at Hogwarts only happened the way they did because of the influence of those around him. Hermione's the brightest witch of her age, after all. Who's to say she didn't become the mastermind behind everything once she figured it out?

Story can pick up wherever the author feels canon-Hermione would start figuring things out, or where Hermione would become a part of this madness.

Required:

- Canon universe/time-line/personalities. (Slight variations as needed.)

- No crossovers deeper than basic elements that blend well with the HP universe.

- Must be focused around Hermione, who remains largely in character. (Can be slightly altered for plot reasons, of course.)

- Must be multiple forces attempting to subtly control/manipulate Harry, including Hermione. (Maybe Draco's parents used the boys' petty feud to achieve something?)

- Covers how Hermione et al. manage to maintain control of Harry without suspicion.

Optional Ideas: (Bonus points for creative twists.)

- Forces acting on Harry are hierarchical.

- Oddball characters somehow involved in the manipulation. (Luna, Tonks, Charlie, etc. Characters who would be difficult to work into the scheme.)

Below are a couple prompts that may be used at the author's discretion.

Everything had panned out for the young witch up to this point. Ever since accidentally discovering her abilities, she had been consuming every bit of helpful knowledge possible in an attempt to achieve mastery over her skills. Now, just days before her eleventh birthday, Hermione Granger sat awaiting her invitation to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The vast amount of reading she had covered led her to expect the exalted Minerva McGonagall's arrival with the "news" of her skills, as was tradition for muggle-born students. However, not everything was going as she planned it. When a bearded half-giant arrives, Hermione discovers that she'll have to constantly update her plan if she wishes to be the true power behind the scenes.

Hermione sat down beside Ron with space remaining, should Harry show up. She looked over, slightly perturbed by the scene that greeted her.
"Do you ever stop eating? Your best friend is missing!" she lectured, punctuating each word with a mild slap on the redhead's shoulder.

"Lighten up, will you? I bet that's him, now," Ron grumbled back, food muffling some of his speech. Hermione looked towards the main doors of the great hall and could make out the figure of her friend walking in beside Luna Lovegood. Though disappointed in Ron's lack of concern, she made a point to reward the blond witch for playing her part so well.

If you do happen to try this idea, please let me know (either reply here or shoot me an email,) as I'd love to see where people go with this.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.