Click Here!

Moves and Searching

lightlowemon

As silly as it sounds, I'm sick of going through the Naruto-Yaoi section and seeing so many Naruto/Sasuke when there is a category for them. Is there any way a request-a-move feature could be implemented, so that normal users don't have to go through loads of fics that should be somewhere else?

Secondly is there anyway a search feature could be implemented into the seperate areas? Like for the Naruto area, if I were to search for Kiba, I would find all fics that had Kiba in them.

Just a couple of suggestions.

We are working our way to the Naruto section as fast as we can. (And since there is only a handful of us doing the cataloging it's slow going. While several of us are helping out *I'm only a helper* only one or two are doing the actual work.) Currently they are finishing up the books section and starting on the Buffy Section. If you go Here and look at the list you will see how far we have to go. (We started with Books and are working our way down on the left hand; then going to the right.)

Though you will be happy to note... that once we get to the Naruto section everything there will be easier as I have already started going through it (with some help from my wonderful sis Drivven Labyrinth) in my free time, I am making notes on all of the stories if they are: Un stories, glitched stories, troll stories, and by pairing. Still, going through that section alone is going to take a good long while since there are so many stories. (And yes I started cataloging the Naruto Yaoi section first since that is what I write.)

I do wish that the authors would place their stories into the proper categories... but it is not my place to police them...

If you wish I will share some of my Kiba findings with you. Just give me a hollar at umai.hoshi@gmail.com (Give me like five days to get my computer up and working properly though please.)

Hope that this helps a little. Ja ne.

Ah, almost forgot (I have to stop posting when I am so sleep deprived!) there is a search function in the archives, it's not the best in the world but it's ok.

Go to Member Tools>Search: Then type in Kiba (or whatever) and select Story Summery then hit search and poof. (Make SURE you are in the Naruto section when you do this or the results will not be what you wish!) It will NOT pull up all of them, but it will pull up a good amount. (I know because I just tested it) Sadly it will be from all of the Naruto Sections: Yaoi, Yuri, Het... you get the idea.

Quite frankly the search function in the archive is awful. But yes, it works the way FairyNiamh said to do it.

We are planning to entirely REPLACE the search function, with something that is far better suited to searching a database the size of this one. The original search function wasn't designed with a large database in mind.

As to moving the stories? The authors themselves can easily do that. All they need to do is edit the story, reselect their main category, and then select the sub or sub with sub sub (as that is how it generates the dropdown). i.e. The user would reselect "naruto", and from there (if it's a pair specific type fic) either het, yaoi, yuri, or threesomes. In this example you initially gave (Naruto/Sasuke) the selection would be Yaoi>Naruto/Sasuke.

As to moving directly from my end, I do that direct IN the database.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.