Click Here!

Disrespectful People

I have something to get off my chest because I am completely fucking fuming. If you're going to ask me a question or get into a debate with me, don't fucking disrespect me! I don't disrespect anyone unless they are an asshole to me first.

If I tell you my theory on something, don't laugh at me. Don't prroceed to tell me I'm wrong in one long post using science and history books that were written by people who weren't even there. My religious beliefs are sacred to me. I don't impose them on anyone. If someone is curious, I will talk about them, but don't call me crazy. I won't call you crazy. If you think I make sense and want to share my beliefs, fine. If you don't, that's fine too. But don't go and pick me apart.

Seriously, only come to me to talk if you really are opened minded, and not just looking for someone to put down to boost your superiority complex. When will people learn it's a bad idea to piss me off....?

Guest Zyx

I could choose to be nice to you now, but that would also be disrespectful. So I'm gonna be honest:

Don't bitch, respect is something you earn.

Wasn't talking about you.... I'm not naming names for a reason. I want it over and done with. Now I just called a fucking liar! The only thing I did wrong was decide I could trust someone out of desperation and lonliness. But you know what... I'll just be lonely. It's better than this shit. Let me make this very clear for the one I am talking about. I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK IF YOU BELIEVE ME OR NOT!!!!!!!! I just wanted a mature discussion. I am pissed off and I am bitching to get it out of my system so I don't do something I will regret. I have no reason to lie about my beliefs because I never once asked for attention or praise. I told one person because I am lonely... Believe me or not... I really never cared. I just don't care for being insulted. And yes, being lectured about why I am wrong when I never asked said person to believe me is VERY disrespectful. Calling me a liar is just downright fucking rude. I said my peace and I just wanted left alone but no...

This rant was brought to you by me wanting to kill something....

Ok... first off, everyone should show other people at least a certain amount of respect unless they do something to deserve it. And poking an angry bear isn't smart.

But anyway, I've been through the stages of rage. I've forgiven the person that pissed me off. I can't fault a person for doing something when they don't know any better. I'm not perfect so I have no right to judge. So know I'm going to go celebrate slowly becoming a better person.

Guest MortiferLascivio

I learned a long time ago that people are rude, disrespectful, mean, ignorant...whatever you wanna call them. I stopped being angry about it. People will call you things because you believe differently than them, and I guess the best thing to do is forgive, like you have, and move on. Whenever someone calls me weak, stupid, blind etc based on certain beliefs I have, I just smile and move along. In my short eighteen years of life, I've seen a lot of ugly things as a result of disrespect and anger.

Being called a liar, especially when you know you haven't lied, is always hard to hear. But maybe it doesn't really matter what they think, as long as you know what you said was true.

Don't worry about them <_< Glad you cooled off a little.

And at least now I know not to get you angry.

I learned a long time ago to keep my religious views to myself. Why? For the very reason you are bitching about.

*hugs* I agree that respect (at least a certain degree) should be shown, it's called common curtsy. If the person asked and you answered honestly, then they should have enough respect to either shut up, or just simply say I don't agree. NOT call you a liar!

Hope you feel a little bit better. Ja ne.

It's a touchy thing, opening up to someone. You need to understand that some people just want to argue, to prove you wrong just so they can prove that they would be good in a debate. It gives them an incredible since of self satisfaction, and that is understandable. I myself have not been above it from time to time. But as I've grown up and become more of an adult, I have developed a little something called tact. I've learned that pissing people off on purpose does little to get you anywhere in life, and the rush you get from proving yourself "better" becomes empty with time and isn't worth the damage it causes. Making people angry does little to change their minds. Friendly conversation can also allow you to get your logic challenging points across and is much more likely to make the other person see things from your angle.

There are plenty of things that I could tell everyone that are true, but wouldn't be believed. As well they shouldn't. It's some crazy shit, unless you were there you shouldn't believe it. Only gullible people completely 100% put their trust in something/someone without firsthand experience. Trust me, the old phrase "take it with a grain of salt" is a good one to keep in mind.

To help you understand this person and the way they may think, let us talk about experience. Do you remember when you were little, and everything was cut and dried? All of your opinions about the goings on around you could be categorized as "right" or "wrong?" Children have to be conditioned this way in order to be brought up within the constraints of our society, there is no way around it, it is as it has been for thousands of years, it is a matter of survival.

You were brought up to believe things were either good or bad, and any niggling doubts you may have had were swept into the back of your mind. But once you grew up, you had a wide variety of different experiences to build your opinions upon. You learn that things are no longer as clear as "good" and "bad" and you are thrown from a world of black and white into a vast expanse of shades of gray. Your experiences change your outlook. To someone who has not shared the same experiences as you their world is still either black or white in that department, because they only have textbooks to build their opinions upon.

I know. Some people just love to be right. And those same people will continue to hound and harass you long after you just wanted to drop it.

The old saying 'It takes more strength to walk away then to fight' is absolutely true. I decided I had enough and I walked away. This person isn't puting down her guns though even after I have made it very clear I don't want to get into it anymore. You would think after I blocked her on my yim she would've gotten the hint. But no.... I'm being accused of running away. So be it.

As I said, I forgive her. She knows not what she does. I'm usually a bit more careful about who I open up to. Apparently my instincts were off on this one. I guess no one is perfect. I guess I was desperate for friendship. But friendship with the condition of being tested and passing their little test is no friendship. A true friend likes you for who you are, regardless of how crazy you seem to them. I've got some friends that think I'm a real nut job. But they still hang out with me. They don't tell me I'm wrong.

Oh well... I'm secure in the fact that I'm being the bigger person in the long run. I bitched, but that was because I was angry and needed an outlet. I've found that when I don't release at least a little of the pressure in a benign way I tend do something I regret later.