Click Here!

Karen and Laci

Letoria

Hi everyone. I'm new to AFF, and I'm excited to be here. Though I'm new here, I have posted my story on my own website, and other story sites/archives.

Two years ago, after a lighthearted challenge from my wife, I decided to try writing a story that my imagination already conjured from a mundane scene I witnessed in a restaurant. I initially envisioned a fairly strokie story consisting of a series of erotic vignettes between an adult woman and a teenage girl (this pairing made necessary by the mundane scene from which it got its genesis). The first two chapters clearly reflect this naive expectation.

By Chapter 3, I reached a crossroads. The Muse Calliope banged on my front door, invited herself in, sat down at my kitchen table, and bade me sit across from her. I didn't, she informed me, know what I was playing with. The ideas churning in my head were breeding hitherto unimaginable possibilities.

Calliope told me I had two choices. I could stick with the original idea for a series of vignettes in a one-off erotic story, or I could change course and go on a new and entirely unpredictable journey. If I decided to stick with my original plan, Calliope would say good-bye, leave me to my little story, and maybe her sister Erato would drop a nugget or two before I put pen and paper away for good.

If, however, I elected to take Calliope's challenge, the potential reward was great, if intangible. The path would be littered with pitfalls and dark spots, dead ends, uncertainties, and great challenges. Calliope promised she'd always be there, but she did say she was rarely straightforward, preferring I figure things out on my own. Her sister Erato would join her from time to time, and if I trusted them and myself, I would learn much, though I’d find myself slave to these lovely characters. No, the path Calliope offered was not the easy path, but what had I ever accomplished in life that wasn't difficult. The decision was mine, she said. I weighed the pros and cons before finally accepting Calliope's challenge.

That was 12 Chapters ago. I am now working on Chapters 15 and 16. My growth as a writer is evident as you wend your way through each new installment. My early flaws slowly fade, my confidence increases, and the challenges I present myself become greater as things progress.

Now, “Karen and Laci” is a full-blown story of love, redemption, and growth. It asks the question, "Can an otherwise rational 35 year old business woman and mother, fall deeply in love with her estranged daughter’s troubled best friend? Can a girl find the love, support, and validation she so deeply craves with her a best friend's mother, a woman she has secretly worshiped?"

When I accepted Calliope's challenge, I immediately fell victim to the law of unintended consequences. Originally the first three chapters were meant to bring the couple together. When it morphed into its present form, I discovered I'd created several major problems, each hanging over my head like a Sword of Damocles. I've managed some of these problems, while others still hang fire. Those early mistakes have caused headaches, but they've also forced me to learn hard lessons.

Thus, I have no intention of going back and "fixing" the early chapters. They may be clumsy, over written, overly strokie, and stretching things a bit, but by Chapter 4, the story takes over. I'm aiming for the literate audience, people who are comfortable with art in all its manifestations -- visual, tactile, musical, and written – who aren’t prone to kneejerk reactions, and are willing to judge things on their own merits.

I'll be posting a new installment every week. I welcome all feedback, suggestions, comments, and criticism (delivered politely). I invite readers to give it a look.
Edited by Letoria

I just posted Chapter 2 http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600107121 This a very explicitly sexual installment. After this chapter, the plot begins to take over, and the juicy parts are driven by the story rather than the other way around.I am acute aware that the positive portrayal of sexual activity between a minor and an adult is controversial. All can do is ask readers to judge the story on it's merits as opposed to its content. As you progress, it should become clear that this is a complex story with no simple, knee jerk answers.