Click Here!

I'm So Proud of Myself

greenwizard

Ok, so my boyfriend has this kick where he wants me to cook instead of buying boxed and frozen stuff. I'm not a bad cook, I'm just a little lazy. Anyway, I like pizza so he gets a crust, a can of tomato sauce, and pepperoni so I can put together my own.

Am I alone in thinking you can't put straight tomato sauce on a pizza? So even though I feel like total crap today, I decided to try my hand at pizza sauce. Ok, so it's a bit thin and isn't restaurant quality... I'm still proud of myself that it tastes somewhat good.

Ok, so my boyfriend has this kick where he wants me to cook instead of buying boxed and frozen stuff. I'm not a bad cook, I'm just a little lazy. Anyway, I like pizza so he gets a crust, a can of tomato sauce, and pepperoni so I can put together my own.

Am I alone in thinking you can't put straight tomato sauce on a pizza? So even though I feel like total crap today, I decided to try my hand at pizza sauce. Ok, so it's a bit thin and isn't restaurant quality... I'm still proud of myself that it tastes somewhat good.

cool. Feels good to conquer new things like that, huh?

You can now decide whether to tell him that, usually, within five feet of the tomato sauce is a shelf with a jar of pizza sauce; Or tell him what to buy so you can make sauce again until you are satisfied with it.

KNEEL BEFORE THE COOKING GODDESS, MORTAL!

I always add a little oregano to the tomato paste. It helps with the saltiness, I think.

You could also try other sauces for your pizza, depending on how much you like to experiment. I make pizzas with a pesto sauce with mozzarella cheese and garlic on top -I don't know if that sounds weird, but it's really yummy. I've also tried an alfredo sauce, which wasn't as good, but was decent. I love making pizza at home, it's so much better (I can't get pepperoni for it, though, because I usually just end up eating them out of the bag as a snack before I get around to making the pizza ;) ).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.