Click Here!

Site Suggestion: Review Drive?

TheBlackadder

I'm not sure where this idea came from. I think it's because I was being chased by the Blood Bank truck guys on my college campus this week. (Sheesh, a bunch of freakin' vampires for sure "Want to make a donation! Can we have your blood!")

As writters we tend to need a donation of feedback . . . like blood from time to time to survive in our craft/hobby/etc., so here's a suggestion: isn't there some way we could set up a week, or a weekend, or something for a "Review Drive" for all the stories posted? Even rotate it to different sections of the site like "Movie Fan Fiction Review Drive" or "Book FanFiction Review Drive" Etc. So it's a bit more narrowed down about what to read and what to review to.

Then maybe have some sort of reward for reviews given, like is done here on the message boards. (The whole point thing. 20 points for a new topic, 10 points for a reply?)

I know in the Arcade the biggest draw seems to just be seeing our names up on a list, and seeing our name at the top of the list is just a HUGE BIG reward for some reason (Even if it is . . . just our names with a score), that might be enough?

So . . . that's just an idea I had today while almost being mauled by the Blood Bank vampires at college.

~Marian The Blackadder~

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rewarding reviews sounds like one of the best ideas ever. It might also encourage crap reviews, and if the rewards were generated automatically, there would have to be some way to counter that.

But I love the idea regardless.

• 1 month later...

I haven't done HTMLing for a while but there should be an easy way to counteract it.

something done like this (Note no coding, haven't done it in so long)

Delete Review = Loss of points.

Now there should be a way to do it so you're checking off one of two things, One being a Bad Ranty, yet still Critquing Review (No points loss), the other being Crap review, like saying Posting for points, +5, Fav, ect. Because those serve no purpose as a review (Points Loss)

Sure hte Mods would have to look into the reviews that are being deleted due to the Crap Review option but hey, its a temp counteract I think?