Click Here!

Handicapped

WARNING: MAJOR swearing ahead..... blah, blah...

Wow, doesn't that have a multiple connotation....

No, I'm not talking about the elderly... or the fucking retarded. Hah, I'm talking about the parking kind only a slightly different form... and you'll never guess what kind.

Ok, so we all know when we pull into a parking lot there's those blue painted parking spots for the disabled and handicapped. Lucky bastards. They get to park right up front.

Anyway, I went down below to a shopping mall with my grandmother a while back and this mall is like, freaking huge. And t's a highly shopped and very expensive area. A lot of snobs around that area. As I drive down the parking lot towards the font, since my grandmother is handicapped, we get to park in the blue--whoo! Right? No. As soon as I pulled up to the front there's this bright PINK parking spot.

I've never seen this, so now I'm like, "wtf is this shit?" And my grandmother was like, "oh yeah, you've never seen those before? that's parking for women who are pregnant."

. . . . . . . . .

WHAT IN THE MUTHER EFFIN' HELL DO FREAKING PREGNANT WOMEN NEED TO HAVE HANDICAPPED PARKING TAKEN UP FOR WHEN THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING EXCERSISE TO BEGIN WITH!?!?!?!?!?!?! :(

I was in shock for like 5 minutes and I said just about those exact words too. I was so pissed off--what the FUCK! Who the HELL decided that freaking pregnant women needed parking closer to the goddamn store!?!?!? Handicap people barely get enough parking as it is and then some jack ass who probably had a fat, lazy-ass, pregnant wife complain about having to walk too far, decided to go and create parking for pregnant women/women with children and take away even more handicap parking from people who actually NEED it!!!

I wanted to back up and ram that fucking pink sign down and then take it and find the person that made it and beat the shit out of him with it. Fucking pregnant women parking... wth.

Am I the only one who feels this way or is anyone else adverse to this totally effed up idea?

I'm in total agreement. Handicapped spots are necessary for the permanently disabled. Pregnancy is not a permanent disability. If a pregnant woman can drive, she does not need a special spot. If she needs to be driven or needs that spot, she is probably at a stage in her pregnancy where leaving the house isn't a good idea in the first place. A lot of pregnant women go around with a 'oh, poor me!' attitude which annoys me. Yes, pregnancy is tough, but it's not a disease. In my area of Massachusetts, I have never seen these spots, but a few years back, my cousin got into an accident, broke his leg, and had to live in new york for a little while. When we were bringing him back to his apartment one day, we went to go get groceries for him and decided to pick out some flowers for his boyfriend, but since he only had crutches, getting the door was going to be a problem. So, we had the plates for him and we tried to find a spot near the door. Unfortunately, there were only two spots left and they were for pregnant women. So, my cousin, who was in bad pain at that point, had to hobble an extra twenty feet just because of some woman who had decided to get pregnant in the first place. If 'pregnancy' isn't defined as a handicap, why is there a handicapped space dedicated to them? Just make your husband/boyfriend/whatever get you the stuff or guilt someone else into getting it for you if you're that desperate but don't want to walk down the long, treacherous parking lot!

I'm in total agreement. Handicapped spots are necessary for the permanently disabled. Pregnancy is not a permanent disability. If a pregnant woman can drive, she does not need a special spot. If she needs to be driven or needs that spot, she is probably at a stage in her pregnancy where leaving the house isn't a good idea in the first place. A lot of pregnant women go around with a 'oh, poor me!' attitude which annoys me. Yes, pregnancy is tough, but it's not a disease. In my area of Massachusetts, I have never seen these spots, but a few years back, my cousin got into an accident, broke his leg, and had to live in new york for a little while. When we were bringing him back to his apartment one day, we went to go get groceries for him and decided to pick out some flowers for his boyfriend, but since he only had crutches, getting the door was going to be a problem. So, we had the plates for him and we tried to find a spot near the door. Unfortunately, there were only two spots left and they were for pregnant women. So, my cousin, who was in bad pain at that point, had to hobble an extra twenty feet just because of some woman who had decided to get pregnant in the first place. If 'pregnancy' isn't defined as a handicap, why is there a handicapped space dedicated to them? Just make your husband/boyfriend/whatever get you the stuff or guilt someone else into getting it for you if you're that desperate but don't want to walk down the long, treacherous parking lot!

Hear Yea! I mean seriously. We have enough freaking people on this planet anyway why the hell should effing pregnant women be spoiled and pampered even more into making think this is ok? >.<

Those horrible fat cows should just walk from far the fuck away just like the rest of us! *pisses and moans* Kill them all! Have them horsewhipped beforehand! :angry:

Sorry. My rabid CFer side got out... again. :lol:

LOL!!! I like your style!

LOL!!! I like your style!

Why? It was sarcasm. I do NOT condone such acts. I believe I would have to be akin to a dictator if I did. As a CFer, it really does not bother me to know that a pregnant woman is being helped out by being parked closer to a building. It's only nine months and a few parking spaces that are not always occupied by them. Not the end of the fucking world.

And pregnancy—pray tell me, why do you think we fucking "spoil and pamper" (fucking laughable right there) pregnant women? Oh I know because just like the elderly and the disabled, they are inhibited by their condition. Yes pregnancy is choice (or in some cases NOT a choice) and yes there is abortion (when a person chooses), but the point of the matter is that when a woman chooses pregnancy she chooses to bear all the problems from it (ranging from the extensive list of risks to the random asshat that craps itself seeing a pregnant woman).

Does that pregnant woman not have the right to safety for her and also her unborn or is she that horrible wicked breeder that's overpopulating the world and taking parking spaces, so she should just go die?

Hmmmm... I was under the impression that a broken leg wasn't a permenant disability either. All of my broken bones healed in a month r so. And the pain wasn't even that bad after the inital break. Hospitals give out good drugs. But when I had a broken arm I had to go to school after a few days and carry my own books. Have any of you been pregnant? I haven't, but most of my female friends have. It doesn't look comfortable.

Bad is a person who drives her father in law's car because he had one of those handicapped cards and using it because she's just too lazy to walk. Yes, I know someone who did that. I was with her and didn't say anything because I was a 12 year old kid.

But being pregnant is a serious thing. Yes for some it is a choice, but they have like 30 lbs bowling balls strapped to them that they can't take off. Go to your mothers and tell them being pregnant is no big deal... I dare ya...

Why? It was sarcasm. I do NOT condone such acts. I believe I would have to be akin to a dictator if I did. As a CFer, it really does not bother me to know that a pregnant woman is being helped out by being parked closer to a building. It's only nine months and a few parking spaces that are not always occupied by them. Not the end of the fucking world.

And pregnancy—pray tell me, why do you think we fucking "spoil and pamper" (fucking laughable right there) pregnant women? Oh I know because just like the elderly and the disabled, they are inhibited by their condition. Yes pregnancy is choice (or in some cases NOT a choice) and yes there is abortion (when a person chooses), but the point of the matter is that when a woman chooses pregnancy she chooses to bear all the problems from it (ranging from the extensive list of risks to the random asshat that craps itself seeing a pregnant woman).

Does that pregnant woman not have the right to safety for her and also her unborn or is she that horrible wicked breeder that's overpopulating the world and taking parking spaces, so she should just go die?

WTF, well your previous comment sure didn't sound like it. Jesus, suddenly this turned into something entirely out of control and context. Could you not tell I was joking. Apparently not since now we've got this defending pregnant women rant.

Lets just get back on track here and not get into arguments as the last few comments have seem to become please. This was merely a rant for a good laugh. Wow, some people on here take things way too seriously.

Hmmmm... I was under the impression that a broken leg wasn't a permenant disability either. All of my broken bones healed in a month r so. And the pain wasn't even that bad after the inital break. Hospitals give out good drugs. But when I had a broken arm I had to go to school after a few days and carry my own books. Have any of you been pregnant? I haven't, but most of my female friends have. It doesn't look comfortable.

Bad is a person who drives her father in law's car because he had one of those handicapped cards and using it because she's just too lazy to walk. Yes, I know someone who did that. I was with her and didn't say anything because I was a 12 year old kid.

But being pregnant is a serious thing. Yes for some it is a choice, but they have like 30 lbs bowling balls strapped to them that they can't take off. Go to your mothers and tell them being pregnant is no big deal... I dare ya...

Actually, he got hit by a car and shattered his femur, so he still has problems walking and because of his other medication, it is a seriously bad idea for him to be on serious pain meds. I'm not really pissed at pregnant women, I'm pissed at those spots. I think that pregnant women should be allowed to use general handicapped spots, but having spots just for those women is kind of like saying that there should only be spots for people with specific problems, it takes a spot away from another handicapped person just because they don't suffer from the same thing.

Well, I tell ya what. I've had 5 kids. So, while I understand the frustration, I also understand where it's actually a nice thing for places to do FOR pregnant women. Sure, when I wasn't humongous, I walked no problem. But in the last month or so, it wasn't so easy, nor comfortable. Maybe what these places should consider is instead of giving up the designated handicap spots to pregnant women (and thus reducing the handicapped parking), make additional ones that are NEXT to them for the pregnant women. So, they'd still be closer, but not like what is needed for someone in a wheel chair.

Actually, he got hit by a car and shattered his femur, so he still has problems walking and because of his other medication, it is a seriously bad idea for him to be on serious pain meds. I'm not really pissed at pregnant women, I'm pissed at those spots. I think that pregnant women should be allowed to use general handicapped spots, but having spots just for those women is kind of like saying that there should only be spots for people with specific problems, it takes a spot away from another handicapped person just because they don't suffer from the same thing.

Likewise, I am not neccesarily angry at the pregnant women themselves but the fact that this parking space was made for them. I was just making a statement out of my opinion on how it may have been concieved. (ha, no pun intended.)

As a childfree woman, I will never have any of those little ankle biters just cats and horses, if I see the parking spots for pregnant women, I fucking park in them!

If someone asks, I just tell them that I don't show because I'm already overweight and I carry high.

But really they do not deserve those spots. If you need to have it, then you fucking shouldn't even be driving anywhere! Period!

Beth, childfree and loving it.