Click Here!

Questions About A Fic

shinigamiinochi

Before you read any further: yes, this fic is for Gundam Wing. No, you do not need to be familiar with or like Gundam Wing to understand my questions.

I was cleaning my room two days ago when I came across an ancient, unfinished fic of mine called 'The Asylum'. I desperately want to keep working on it, but what I had written wasn't how I write today, so I'm rewriting the whole thing. The plot is that Heero and Trowa are starting to work at a mental hospital and they notice that there is something not quite right about the place, some of it's patients, and some of its doctors, including the head of the hospital. With the help of three mental patients, they try to figure out the truth, which is very difficult considering they are ill.

Question 1: What should I call this fic? 'The Asylum' is so blase and cliched, but I can't think of a different title.

Question 2: Since this fic has a kind of mystery/plot twist to it, I don't know how to structure it. Should I go with dramatic irony and make it clear at the beginning what is going on or should I keep the reader in the dark until the end for a sort of Saw/Secret Window type shock? If I go with dramatic irony, I can put a lot more detail and not tip toe around certain scenes just to keep up the mystique and readers won't feel compelled to reread the whole thing just to understand stuff they might have missed. If I go for shock on the other hand, readers might be more interested in continuing to see what is going on and the fic might seem more creepy and mysterious. I like either method, but what is better for readers?

Thanks

I actually think the title 'The Asylum' fits fine. I dont see it as cliched. I mean, thats where it takes place right? I also think you should keep the reader in the dark. Asylum seems to be a mystery type and not many people knows what goes on in those places... believe me o.o

I think it would be better that way. I have my story where the reader is left in the dark and keeps you guessing, with plot twists added here and there. >3 just to throw the reader off. ^^ It makes the story more interesting and brings the reader back for more! and will also beg you to write more... >.> But it makes for a good story in my opinion. I cant stand it when an author throws everything on the table, then it doesnt make the story any interesting and I lose interest. I mean... it wont give the reader much reason to read the story if everything is put forth in the beginning and not give any little room for thinking for the reader as to guessing and trying to figure out what is going on in the plot you know. Anyways, thats just my thought on it, but do whatever you think would work better for you and please ya. If you want, you can read my story and get an idea on what I am talking about. I have a link below, the story is called 'A Devil's Heart' ^^ But I am interested in yours to get a feeling for it and see how you did. Good Luck! ;3