Click Here!

More Questions About Brazilian Life/culture/landscape

shinigamiinochi

My character, who lives in brazil, is sitting in an open field under a tree, smelling the various smells of his home. What I need is a name of a large tree, a plant/reed that would grow in a field as when the wind blows, my character can hear this plant making some sort of noise that they make, and another plant that would have a very sweet aroma, all of which would have to be indiginous to, not only Brazil, but would be able to grow on a farm and in a field during the spring. I tried to look in wikipedia, but the number of Brazilian plants was... staggering and considering that this is just a small scene, I'm not going to spend six hours researching plants, even if I am anal about my stories being realistic. I mean, I'm not going to have iris and sunflowers blooming a couple hundred miles from a rain forest just because I don't have the patience to look for the right flora. Also, would it be feasible to have a boy, who happens to be a werewolf, to swim across a fast river like the Amazon, or is that stretching logic even for a supernatural horror?

I can see a werewolf swimming the Amazon river, he may end up down further then he planned but he could swim across it.

Beth