Click Here!

Only Advice for Writer's Block There is

SummerRayne

Write! Write about ANYTHING! Write about how your dog is scratching his butt on the carpet, write about how that guy didn't call, write about how that relative just died.

Write on napkins,(Because Harry Potter was conceived on one and we all know how that series made a generation of kids put down the remote and crack open a book)write on the palm of your hand just do it. Because you can be damn sure that writer's who breathe to write will never stop doing it, so why should you let them have all the fun. :-D

"Real writers write through all kinds of interruptions and distractions. Sometimes they write because of them. Real writers write in all kinds of inauspicious circumstances, in sickness and in health-sort of like being marred. They write because they have no choice. For them, writing until they reach the moment when the story comes together turns out to be its own reward-even if no one else ever reads a word they've written."

-J.A Jance in the magazine, "The Writer"

Anyone beg to differ on my advice?

You are the best! I don't know I am slowly getting over this disease in time. Writing just about anything is the cure. It works so I don't beg to differ.

I love your advice! I do this all the time (although, writing about my dog scratching her butt on the carpet is a little too crass for me laugh.gif ). If I'm stuck on something, I write something else...doesn't matter what, just as long as I'm writing.

And, I find, that somewhere in the midst of writing about how my roommate's fat cat has to practically do sit-ups to clean herself, I have a breakthrough and can go back to writing about how a seemingly good guy is really up to no good.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.