Click Here!

Editing a story

Macha

Hi DG061,

I tried a lot of things to get the edit button to work..

@ Danyealle : (24 June 2012 - 04:56 AM) it's an IE issue. Every time they upgrade such, there are problems with it @ RogueMudblood : (24 June 2012 - 04:54 AM) That sucks! Well, let her know everything you've tried in your post, and all your browser/OS specs (version and such) @ Macha : (24 June 2012 - 04:50 AM) Imma going to have to wait for DG - even FF is giving me the finger right now. :(@ RogueMudblood : (24 June 2012 - 04:47 AM) Frequently, with my lappy. Don't try that with my desktop - it's too bulky, and I might drop it and do permanent damage @ Macha : (24 June 2012 - 04:4 @ Macha : (24 June 2012 - 04:44 AM) You ever wanna take your computer and shake it like an esta-sketch? @ RogueMudblood : (24 June 2012 - 04:40 AM) Would agree with you there, but at the moment, it's the only quick fix I can offer :( Sadly, our tech guru is abed at the moment. @ Danyealle : (24 June 2012 - 04:40 AM) just post up to the thread i shot you and DG will help you all she can @ Danyealle : (24 June 2012 - 04:40 AM) sorry, there, Macha but IE is... not friendly with so many sites and it's got issues @ Macha : (24 June 2012 - 04:36 AM) I think it's unfriendly that I would have to go to firefox just to update a story @ Macha : (24 June 2012 - 04:35 AM) yeah, using IE @ RogueMudblood : (24 June 2012 - 04:30 AM) Macha, one last thing to try, are you willing to attempt a different browser? @ Danyealle : (24 June 2012 - 04:30 AM) post up everything you told Rogue and I and what browser you're using @ RogueMudblood : @ RogueMudblood : (24 June 2012 - 04:30 AM) sounds like the intermittent cookie issue

http://www2.adultfan...t-cookie-issue/ @ Danyealle : (24 June 2012 - 04:30 AM) OK then go here http://www2.adultfan...e-tech-support/ @ Macha : (24 June 2012 - 04:28 AM) I deleted cookies, restarted, still throws me into a login window when I click 'edit' under anime 2 @ RogueMudblood : (24 June 2012 - 04:19 AM) LOL @ Danyealle : (24 June 2012 - 04:17 AM) i didn't know you was still about or woulda sent a site PM @ Danyealle : (24 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

I deleted cookies, I tried firefox, nothing allowed me to click 'edit' when I was in my profile under anime 2 to edit stories.

Help, please.

THIS is what you should be seeing when editing a chapter.

When clearing cookies in IE, you MUST restart your machine. You can't just close the browser and reopen it. In fact, with IE, it can take a FEW times of clearing the cache and cookies and computer restart, before it actually works.

For Firefox, you not only have to clear cache and cookies, but active logins as well. You don't do that, it won't work. Again, you MUST close the browser and then restart it once you do this.

I have a tutorial up for several browsers on how to clear cookies and other steps you need to take.

Finally, as you can see, this was moved to technical support. Technical support and FAQ requests are two very different things. By rights, I should've just deleted the topic, as I clearly STATE that anything other than a FAQ request will be deleted.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.