Click Here!

Where do you get your ideas from?

Solaris

Hmmm.... Well some come from dreams or ideas that just popped into my head. Others are from personal experiences as well as from what I have studied in books (I do not do plagiarism mind you) but by what I mean in my studies is philosophy or theology, ect. I try to make my stories as realistic as possible, because it seems to be more of a challenge to do that, and I love challenges. >D But also, when I do find something that interests me and I want to make a story out of it, I do think long and hard on it and see if it will make a good story. Especially when it comes to fan fics, using characters from other games or anime, ect. and study the story behind them and see if I can write a story out of it that will work and make sense. I know, I make this harder for myself, but the finished product of the story comes out great from what I have experienced. And anyways... I love to study... >_>

Edited by Lost_Soul

Gods, I get my inspiration from all over the place. Life, other stories, people, rps, friends, family, and chat buddies.

And to be clear, when I speak about other stories, I mean a small part. Usually somthing that isn't really part of the plot, but seems like it would be such a cool plot line. I then take that small kernal and make it grow into something that is uniquly mine. It works for me.

Like a lot of people here are saying, I get my inspiration from life. Daydreaming is a big factor, but one of the biggest factories for my mind to create ideas is if I go driving while listening to music. Something about how all the scenery passes by just jumpstars my creative drive. I also get ideas from dreams and nightmares I have, and personal experience. Life is just a big muse to me, I guess.

Ideas pop into my head from everywhere -- a single sentence that someone says, a scene in a movie, screencaps featuring my favorite actors who have in turn served as inspirations for my characters ('the princess and the slave' literally was born out of one screencap from the 'sweeney todd' movie trailer -- alan rickman peering through the peekhole at his innocent ward), but I think that some of my best ideas come from silly routines like washing the dishes, brushing my teeth and straightening my hair. Maybe it's the repititiveness of the actions, but my mind wanders and more often than not, I can find some sort of solution to a plot problem that's plagued me all day, or I can visualize my current scene without impediment or difficulty. Of course, it helps that I've got the world's greatest beta who's not only useful for bouncing ideas off of, but who almost always has an idea for me to implement. All in all, I cast my vote with everyone else -- life is definitely the greatest inspirtation there is.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to play the "What-If" scenario in my plots. Once I've got a vague idea, I look it over to make sure that it would work in whatever fandom I'm writing for. For one story, I'm planning to write a "what-if" of it. It's just begging to be written. :)

Edited by midnightphoenix

I get my story ideas from music.

And my dreams.

The LAST time I had a dream where I (as in me) was being raped in the She-Ra universe by Skeletor. Bow was present for some reason. It was really more of a nightmare, because I don't enjoy REAL rape.

Also, dreams have been helpful lately in adding to my current Transformers Mpreg. Cause everybody loves Mpreg. Yeah! FEEL THE PAIN!

I have a dangerously overactive imagination, so that's essentially what starts forming the mix.

My inspirations come from everywhere, like music, books, dreams, even stuff that's happened in real life. I'm tempted to shamelessly plug, but I think there's a thread for that already...(I may edit this and end up shamelessly plugging later) :D

Most of my ideas come from the archives that are lacking (Points to his Killer Instinct and EarthBound stoires), and I'm working on stories for archives that are lacking in specific areas (Glares at the Kingdom Hearts archive that has a whole bunch of boyXboy pairings but almost none boyXgirl despite the hot female characters).