Click Here!

Leading male characters.

CloverReef

I guess this would apply to female chars too. You see I've been going back and forth between a few plot ideas. I can't seem to decide on which one to do and even within each one, I can't seem to decide on the characters. Well I got the main char planned for each one, but not the love interest.

So I ask you guys, out of curiosity, and maybe somewhere along the way I'll get inspired for something. What types of love interests do you lean towards? What do you prefer in personalities, traits, flaws, maybe even looks if that's a priority for you? What do you like in leading men/women when you're reading other people's stories?

Personally regardless of gender I like strong main characters. Not spunky, I hate spunky, because I've never read a spunky character that can back it up. I like main characters who don't bitch about everything, if they don't like something, they handle it with maturity, or if they're younger they grit their teeth and bare it (there are some exceptions of course, like if they bitch in a hilarious way I love them for it) I also like characters who take things well. Even if they have weak constitutions they don't turn everything into THE BIGGEST DRAMA THAT EVER HAPPENED IN THE HISTORY OF EVER GASP. Weak or dramatic characters make me uncomfortable and embarrassed for them, if not wanting to just shoot them in the head.

Though to be honest, you made me like a man that was admittedly a faggot in mannerisms. That's tough to do so I have confidence in your ability to make any character awesome.

As for relationships, I like cute ones. Ones that start as friendships, where they get to know each other and are all cute together. (I'm such a hypocrite XD;;; ) but I'll read just about any kind of relationship. Hope that helps somewhat ^^

It does help. I do like strong characters too. But I like a bit of dramatics and theatrics as well - depending on the author I guess. When it comes to a love interest, (AKA the Seme in some circles) I tend to like to read about the ominous types. Calculated, cunning, and maybe a violent streak to top it off. I like extremes, explosions, break downs, anything with a lot of passion, as long as it makes sense for the character and the plot.

Yeah it really does depend on the author. I suppose melodramatics is more what i meant to say, since all stories need some sort of drama and theatrics to get the reader entertained. And I like those semes as long as they stay true to their character, like I tend to dislike semes like that who get OMG so super sweet to their ukes unless the author can manage to write it well enough where they're still in character.

Yeah it really does depend on the author. I suppose melodramatics is more what i meant to say, since all stories need some sort of drama and theatrics to get the reader entertained. And I like those semes as long as they stay true to their character, like I tend to dislike semes like that who get OMG so super sweet to their ukes unless the author can manage to write it well enough where they're still in character.

Wow my connection just burped and lost what I posted in response. Well anyway, I agree. I like tension in a couple. It gets boring if they always get along and neither of them make any mistakes with each other. Then again, it gets frustrating if it's all flawed and no redeeming features, so... balance, I guess?

Yes. There definitely needs to be a balance. Cute is good for one shots and all but if it's a longer story...well...couples fight, it just happens. And angst and abuse... it needs depth, that's just a cheap way to get rocks off if neither of them develop feelings for each other, realistic ones. Like I read a fantastic Clyde/Tweak fanfiction jsut a bit ago. It was sick and twisted and there was nothing redeeming about the relationship, but it had such depth that it was okay.